Maidens Hotel
Hotels.com
US$119
US$103
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$34
US$87
US$69
Agoda.com
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$217
1,275 results
All reviewscurzon roomgarden terracecivil lines metro stationcolonial charmdressing roomoberoi groupcavalry barwalk in wardrobelovely heritage hotelupgraded to a suiterooms are hugesitting roomred fortan oasis of calmgolden triangle tourswimming poolan upgrade
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night last week.This hotel is located only 150 metres from Civil Lines Metro with easy access to central Delhi and all the main sites.The Raj architecture is striking and the setting and grounds very peacful. Staff everywhere in the hotel are unfailingly polite and courteous.Our room was huge and for some reason we were allocated two doubles. The beds were very comfortable and the room very clean. The bathroom was also large and clean but looking a little dated. Unfortunately, the graden terrace is being refurbished so we had breakfast and lunch at the charming Curzon Room. The price of food here was mid range by Western standards and the quality and selection of food, as was the service, excellent. This is a four star hotel, and reasonable value for money, scoring most highly for ambience and tranquility,not to be underestmated for Delhi!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your satisfaction.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here in Oct 2013 as part of a vjv escorted holiday to Shimla and the hill stations. The bedroom was large and was of a high standard. We enjoyed the large swimming pool area. We ate in the hotel as there is nothing in walking distance and the meal was ok as was the breakfasts. For a hotel of this size the public areas such as the single bar and restuarant were very small so lacked atmosphere, the outside terrace eating area is next to the aircon extractors and was noisy, it felt as if people stayed just 1 night and moved on, if that is your requirement then it is fine. Our bedroom had a single window onto the internal corridor which was odd.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a good hotel, lobby is impressive and the rooms are large and nice and neutrally decorated. We stayed in two different rooms, the first one was on the 1st floor it was large with a comfy bed and large spacious bathroom the only downside was the only window was onto the corridorr so no natural daylight. The second was on the 4th floor it was a suite with a large if little tired looking sitting area and desk then separate bedroom and doors off to a large bathroom- double shower, separate bath, and another door off to a dressing area-wardrobe, again the only window was opaque as it looked over the roof. A huge letdown for us was the food as there was a rather small restaurant, the buffet was limited and we ended up eating al acarte. The swimming pool was dirty with grime around the sides and dead flies floating about, so check before jumping in. Overall great hotel if you only need a bed when seeing thee sights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, Front Office Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us . We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel.

We have noted your comments regarding the buffet variety & will take this into considerations. However, we do hope that you enjoyed the food served to you. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to insects in the pool. These post-monsoon insects are a yearly phenomenan and do cause such situation despite our best efforts to keep the swimming pool clean.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

On a sheer whim decided to check in at the Maidens Hotel for a day . The property is situated in an older part of New Delhi and so many like,me may not have known of its existence. I found the staff to be polite and informative . There's a quiet ambience and a good place to go away to for some much needed peace and quiet. We were in a superior deluxe room. It was spacious and had a separate sitting area , unfortunately there isn't any balcony . The food was good and the service efficient. We had a leisurely lunch at the Curzon Room . The pool is well enclosed by hedges and discreetly situated, though quite away from the main building.Another fact in favour of the hotel is its proximity to Old Delhi station for those planning to travel by train. All in all a good experience .

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

A average hotel over priced by the tag of oberoi , if location is not a priority much better options are available for same money in the city.
I booked three rooms,my room was not as i requested they gave me two single beds joined together instead of one king bed next morning my room was full of insects they were flying into the room through a small hole in bathroom window and in my colleague's room shower mud was coming out of shower instead of water, 3rd room was ok.
i think they need to do some final touches
food is ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on Trip advisor, reflecting on our hotel and services.

Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. This has been addressed eith the relevant team member to avoid recurrence in the future.

Your comments & observation regarding the property in general will be considered when we upgrade the hotel facilities.

Kind regards