“Back to Imperial time...”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“Back to Imperial time...”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Maidens is a nice decent property, easily we went back to the days of imperial India, this 110 years old is really a nice place to stay. The rooms are spacious with a big living, a dressing, a bedroom and a wide bathroom. Employees are caring and the food is good. After a tour to the city and historical places, when we used to return, Maidens provided us a very nice, cool, calm and pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your satisfaction.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We picked this hotel because it had a pool and as it was the final leg of our Golden triangle Tour, we thought that we would treat ourselves. The welcome at the hotel was okay, and checking in pretty straightforward. First impressions are pretty good as the reception area is very impressive. Our room did not really reflect the grandiose of the reception area, and I would say that it was pretty average with the bathroom requiring some renovation / decoration. We were going to eat here, but the prices are very high and I was not prepared to pay that much for a curry. I expect that it may have been very good so cannot comment on this. The next morning I was pretty ill (Dehli Belly) nothing to do with the hotel I might add. We went down to breakfast and my wife who was also feeling a little fragile had a slice of toast, I had some mint tea, and my son had some cereal and a couple of cakes. Imagine my surprise when one of the waiters came running after me to pay for a bottle of water I had at breakfast, I could not believe it. The cost of the breakfast is about £6.00 and all I had was a cup of tea yet they still wanted me to pay for the water. To round up, I think that this hotel is relying on past glories and is trying to make money by charging guests for everything. I wish we had gone back to the Hans Plaza in Dehli which was a better all round hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Woodward01283
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you for your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We hope you recovered well from the “Delhi belly” and had an easy travel back home. I have taken a note of the issue faced during breakfast and addressed it with the relevant team members to avoid recurrence in the future. We request you to treat this in isolation & non representation of the Maidens experience.

If there is anything we can do to minimize the inconvenience caused to you, please do write me on Puneet.narula@maidenshotel.com. I will be happy to receive your email.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Maidens Hotel is expensive, impersonal and charmless - coasting along on the back of its impressive-looking colonial building. Rooms facing the rear of the hotel have a window onto the corridor but no window onto the outside of the building. Our A/C did't work - no problem, Sir, someone will be up to sort it out. It never was fixed. Eating supper outside was like eating in a car park - lit by security floodlights. The pool was ancient, uninviting and tired - it reminded me of Clapham Public Baths. I don't usually whinge about hotels - it's just that Maidens is a 3 star hotel masquerading as something smarter. The prices are iniquitous - your money would be much better spent in a more modest boutique hotel elsewhere in Delhi. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you for posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with respect to the air conditioning and that no one attended to your complaint. This has been addressed with the concerned team members to avoid recurrence in the future.

We appreciate your feedback about the experience at dinner as well as the swimming pool. We will take these points into consideration when we plan to upgrade our facilities.

It is feedback such as yours that helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

Once again, thank you for your time. We sincerely look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Maidens as the first night of our Great Railways tour of India. The room was awesome. We had a siting room with desk, separate bedroom, a huge bathroom and a dressing room.

The public areas were not as good as the room, a bit stark. We waited for 15 minutes on the terrace to get a drink before giving up to go to the bar. Thee was no barman so we then went to reception who ran around to find someone to serve us.

Food was a good buffet with mostly Indian food, but some less spicy options. Drink prices like all top hotels in India were excessive, with a bottle of average Indian wine costing around £30.

Overall a great hotel that just needs to work on the service in the public areas.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VladTheImpaler23
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on Trip Advisor, including your appreciation of our hotel rooms and the buffet spread.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the delay in service of drinks. This has been addressed with the relevant team members to ensure that this does not re-occur in future.

I once again thank you for your feedback. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens Hotel, Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.
County Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Hotel is a fine example of accommodation in the colonial era. It is a very special experience. I have never stayed in a hotel quite like it! The Rooms are incredibly nice. I had room 308 which comprised of 4 different rooms on a large and rather grand scale. The Bathroom was sumptious and I was impressed with our own luggage room/walk in wardrobe. we had 2 huge flat screen tvs and even the drapes were electrically controlled.

The Hotel has a fine swimming pool and we really enjoyed the gardens which are mature and attractive, however the real 5 dtar service came from the staff who are friendly professional and sincere with it. I particularly liked Mr Prakash who was very helpful, however everybody was courteous and agreeable.

There is a luxury hotel called the oberoi in the city centre, however I would encourage discerning visitors to try this hotel as not only in terms of service but to live for a couple of days withing Indias past is indeed an opportunuity not to be missed.

Good luck!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here for one night in September 2013 and liked it so returned for a second in October when we passed through Delhi again. This is a high end hotel. The service was very good and the rooms were what you would expect for the price. The shower was fantastic, lots of pressure and hot water. The proximity is close to the metro which was a bonus and the restaurant served good food although more western then authentic Indian. What was awesome was after our return visit we were catching a night train. The staff stored our bags for the day after we checked out and then allowed us to return and use a room at four pm to shower before our train ride. We were refreshed for a long journey.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sgcf48
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night last week.This hotel is located only 150 metres from Civil Lines Metro with easy access to central Delhi and all the main sites.The Raj architecture is striking and the setting and grounds very peacful. Staff everywhere in the hotel are unfailingly polite and courteous.Our room was huge and for some reason we were allocated two doubles. The beds were very comfortable and the room very clean. The bathroom was also large and clean but looking a little dated. Unfortunately, the graden terrace is being refurbished so we had breakfast and lunch at the charming Curzon Room. The price of food here was mid range by Western standards and the quality and selection of food, as was the service, excellent. This is a four star hotel, and reasonable value for money, scoring most highly for ambience and tranquility,not to be underestmated for Delhi!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013