“You get what you pay for!”

Hotel Clark International
Ranked #125 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I am currently staying at the Clark, a 3* hotel in Karol Bagh, having not been able to get into the Siddarth, a 4-5* hotel a mile or so down the road. I wanted to stay in Karol Bagh as my business meetings are here and it was a pain on the last visit having to sit in taxis for so long to get here and back.

I found the front office staff very friendly and efficient and the room is clean and of a reasonable size. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is ok but it's set up like a wet room (though not posh) and the hot water stops in the middle of the day unless you request it. There's tea making facilities (with powdered milk) and a flat screen TV which I haven't tried yet. There's not many power points so you have to plug in the kettle where a light normally goes. There's also free wi-fi which is a nice change from paying £20 a day at some more expensive hotels here.

There's only soft drinks in the mini-bar but you can order beer (about £1.80 cash, not on the room, for a big can of KingFisher) but they don't have a license to sell wine.

It's definitely noisy with the cars outside beeping their horns during the day and evening.

I'll probably stay somewhere nicer (and more expensive) next time as my company is paying. Having a bit of jetlag after a trip from London means I want a quiet room and a couple of glasses of wine to put me to sleep!

If I was paying myself, wanted to be in Karol Bagh and didn't need a glass or two of wine at the end of the day, I think the Clark would be just fine.

I normally stay at 4-5* hotels so can;t compare the Clark to others in the price range but it seems pretty good to me.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 November 2010

The location of the Hotel is quite good, right in the middle of the lively, touristic center of New Delhi, Karol Bagh. Nearby you find a McDonalds and many local restaurants and takeaways. Also a lots of shops with great souvenirs are just ourside the door. And even in the evenings it feels very safe to walk outside.

The Hotel itself also is quite nice! Some of the rooms could use refurbishment, however are still fine to stay in. The only issue was, that there was a huge amount of Mosquitos comeing in through the ventilation in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and helpful in arranging whatever we needed.

Breakfast in the tiny but cozy roof top restaurant was clearly indian but one could always find something to eat, however if one not too open to spicy food for breakfast this might become an issue.

Overall the Hotel met all our expectations, especially for the price we paid in comparison to other branded hotels in the capital it was great service!

Would come back and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

the hotel is located at a very nice place but is really small and congested. the pacific mall next to it is an amazing hangout which makes the experience better. the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner that i had was quite good. the location is very favorable in business terms but if you are there to see Delhi its a bit away from the main city

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2010

My sister had booked us into the Hotel Clark International for our stay. All was paid by credit card for 3 days. The hotel informed us we all would be picked up at the airport and we provided our flight details,etc.
The driver missed my sister and her husband at the airport when they arrived. I was also not picked up at the airport. I called the hotel number a few times from the airport and the telephone number was not working. After waiting 30 minutes, I took a taxi to the Clark International. I got to the front desk and said, " what happened to the driver?" Their response " The driver is at the airport." I said , "maybe you want to ask your driver to come back." They could not care if the driver was waiting or not.
I checked into my room and found the driver had also missed my sister and her husband. Upon further inquiry , they sent a driver who does not read and expect the poor guy to read flight arrivals and departure. My brother-in-law had gone earlier with the driver to check if i was waiting and the driver did not know which exit was for arrivals.
When we inquired why do you send a driver who can't read to pick up passengers.
The manager mumbled something.and he did not really care if guest were satisfied or not as long as they paid. Some of the staff were apologetic for the chaos caused. The manager could not care less. We also found out the driver sleeps in the car as he is not provided decent accomodation. Exploitation of staff is unacceptable.

The breakfast is for western backpackers. Oily omelet , toast and bad coffee. The location is horrible -in the middle of a traffic jam- noisy and dusty. For what they charge- one can find a decent hotel and a price worthy hotel. Bottom line-avoid this hole at all cost. And it is by NO means anything international!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Devan N
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Mr & Mrs Mano writes --Our experience was a nightmare after they collected full payment upfront -- Owner and his senior manager are liars -- denials all the way when we asked him how could their driver miss both us and our brother arriving from two destinations on the same night. Ripped us on the paid rates by making us absorp airport taxi cost when they promised complimentary pick up.
Suite room was overlooked a dirty part of the city and there were tiny insects in the room - so much for suites.
Breakfast was pathetic and worst was the treatment by accounts and management personnel -- all trying to make a quick buck out of guest.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank yogimano
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I stayed in the hotel for four nights for my business meeting with a client. The hotel staff is nice and the rooms are very comfortable. The A/C of the room they provided was, however, very noisy. They shifted me to another room on request the very next day. This room had split A/C, so I could mange my sleep during night. The room was impeccably clean. The toiletries they provided were good. The complimentary breakfast served by the hotel in their roof top restaurant was excellent.

The stay at the hotel was excellent except for the problem faced on the first night due to humming of A/C.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We had went Delhi for watching the best place of Delhi. We stayed at this hotel for one night after wandering the Delhi. Although a short ride from the center of the city (Connaught Place/Akshardham/Old Delhi area), this boutique hotel is beautiful, clean and has an amazing service staff. The rooms are all new looking, with great beds and fantastic showers. We got excellent services with colour -TV Together with remote control, rooms are equipped with quality linens, gourmet menus, and room-services 27-7. A fitness center. valet parking and concierge service round out the experience. I Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business