I spent three nights at the Grand Hotel during a recent business trip. I enjoyed my time there very much and would recommend it to business or high-end vacation travelers. It is probably a bit too expensive for regular tourists ($250+ a night). Here's what I liked:
1. Staff. I found all staff to be very professional, warm, and helpful. They know what they are doing.
2. Room. My 5th floor room had a very comfortable bed, air conditioing, a safe, mini-bar, satellite TV, and a gigantic bathroom. It was a wonderful refuge from the busy city! The bathroom in particular was very impressive - it was about half the size of the actual room! It was finished in black marble, had a shower with two nozzles, and a very comfortable bath.
3. Food. I found the food in the main dining area (on the basement level) to be very good for breakfast and dinner. I liked the separate Indian restaurant as well (though it is quite expensive) and the Chinese one too. I did not try the Italian restaurant myself. There is also a bar area off the reception area. I also had room service, which was quick and efficient.
4. Internet. The hotel has wireless internet, for which you pay extra. It worked perfectly during my stay. I was able to watch videos and make international Skype calls.
5. Airport transfer. The hotel offers an executive car service to and from the airport. I used it upon arrival and leaving, and was impressed with the cars and the drivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi