I was "forced" to make a booking in this hotel for there was a wedding I had to attend last month which was being held in the premises. I typically avoid staying in hotels which host weddings & receptions but alas the choice is shrinking in India. I drove from Agra and apart from the regular issues I face negotiating Delhi roads and traffic, it was easy to locate the hotel (even though I had to cross the entire city for I drove via the expressway). Parking was not a problem with the hotel having adequate long stay car parks.
In any case the hotel is actually "GRAND" in every manner. The rooms are spacious and luxurious as one would expect in a 5 star. The decor and over feel of the hotel is beautiful and spacious. The staff is courteous and helpful. The breakfast spread was elaborate.
The location of the hotel is not your usual 'step out in the city' type though there is a huge shopping mall in the vicinity with food courts et al.
I could not eat at any of the restaurants (apart from the breakfast) so cannot opine on the food. The food at the wedding was good though which was also hosted in the hotel lawns. I would rate the Oasis Spa on the higher side, it is a fully functional Spa unlike other hotels where a Spa is included just for the sake of it.
Overall I would recommend the hotel to a tourist who would like to visit the city and then return pack to a rather peaceful environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi