“Grand Hotel, Delhi Airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand New Delhi

The Grand New Delhi
Ranked #66 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Seattle, Washington
“Grand Hotel, Delhi Airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

This hotel is located about 20 minutes from the International Airport arrivals area, and somewhat closer to the domestic airport departures entrance. We found the hotel a great stopover hotel with very fine amenities and friendly capable staff who were able to answer questions and give us great help with our journey. We were very, very pleased with the accommodations and atmosphere of this property.

Room Tip: the hotel has a lovely garden on almost all sides. I don't believe there are preferred sides...
1 Thank George R T
Amit m, Director of Rooms at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to The Grand New Delhi and we are thrilled to take a note of your wonderful comments and compliments for our services, product, amenities and the team. I will not fail to congratulate them for their excellent work.

We thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending us to be a great stopover hotel in Delhi.

We trust that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to New Delhi in a not too distant future and that maybe this time; you will be able to stay longer and not just stop over to enjoy our other best in class offering like - Spa oasis and some of the best gourmet experience in the city, through - Caraway (Indian Specialty Restaurant), Cascades (All Day Dining Restaurant), “it” (Italian Restaurant ), WokTok (Pan – Asian Cuisine Restaurant), Crystal Lounge (Lobby Lounge) & Indulge (Pastry Shop)..

Sincerely yours,
Sandeep Bhatnagar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Despite being tricked by an airport taxi driver, who took us the long way to the hotel due to "a road closure," we had a lovely stay at the Grand Hotel in New Delhi. You never know what you're going to get in New Delhi, but I've the places we've stayed in, this is a good choice for international travelers who would like a bit of luxury at a reasonable price. Front desk staff greeted us warmly and arranged two rooms on the same floor for our family. The rooms were spacious and warmly decorated. The bathroom was also stocked well and we were pleased to find a strong shower awaiting us. Our room had a nice view of the hotel grounds. There were several dining options in the hotel. We had dinner at the Asian fusion restaurant, one of the best meals we had on the trip. The breakfast buffet was also well-stocked. My only complaint is that the airport shuttle seemed too expensive so we opted to take metered taxis (this time without incident). The hotel was within 15 minutes from the international terminal, which made it very convenient for weary travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hashbrowny
TheGrand-Management, Director of Rooms at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at The Grand New Delhi. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel and the services.

My team is dedicated to providing the best stay experience for all our guests and we are very pleased that you felt well looked after during your stay. I have also taken a note of your feedback regarding the cost for the airport transfer by the hotel Toyota Camry, which particularly shall once again be studied personally by me along with the other hotels in our competition to bring to our guests the most competitive prices.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Munich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I was booked in this hotel as my conference took place here - so no choice (despite the modest TA rating). Hotel is located about 40 min (by taxi) outside the city center, adjacent to a shopping center. The trip from the international airport took about 20 min. I was accepted by the generally very helpful and mostly also efficient staff for an early check-in and my room preferences were fully respected. Check in took long (which I experienced in nearly all my hotels in India). The room was clean, spacious and mostly quiet but a bit worn down. People could be heard talking (slightly) in the aisle and in adjacent rooms but it was ok. Very comfortable beds. Minibar, bottled water and coffee machine available. The safe in the room was too small for my regular-size laptop. WLAN cost 2500 rupies for 4 days (had problems with the password that could be solved) and was very inconsistent and sometimes - when it worked - extremely slow: don´t rely on it !! The temperature on my a/c was set on 18° C and could not be changed (after a technician could not repair it in my room, they finally gave me an electric heater - which worked well...).
I would not consider this hotel as 1st choice, unless I would again have to attend a conference in this remote location.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post Trip Advisor review of your recent stay with us. The guest experience is something we take most seriously and we very much appreciate you being our guest. While we are delighted with your positive comments about our front desk team's assistance and comfortable beds, I am most disappointed that some service aspects did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered and rest assured, your feedback has enabled us to review procedures and standards within the departments involved. As an improvement we are in the process of revamping our internet service providing systems to bring to you a flawless browsing experience. Also, with regards to the electronic safe provided in the room, is the standard size safe provided in guest rooms internationally accross most of the hotel rooms. Alternatively, we also have larger safety deposit box in the lobby to store bigger articles.

We thank you once again for staying with us and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience towards your stay. Please feel free to call me directly so that I may personally oversee your stay.

Yours Sincerely,

+91 9560284285
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

i arrived there on 10 th of jan 2013 i thank first o mr varun mehrotra for giving us instant booking and room , when i reached there all people delt with me very well and they first took me and my family to lounge and treated me like a wonderful client thirled wawo i love the place the taken to the room with full care , food is great bit spicy and greasy on request the chef visited me and solved my spice problem it is grand one of the best place to stay smooth handling lovely , i was in my room morning tea time i use to joke with staff for tea and biscuits at that time like 6 am the staff was happy and helping asked for the things instantly gave me wonderful experience it is good if grand give me special price as they did but need more and make me member so i can go many times there, my family was safe and entertained when i was out on my work only disappointed when bell desk on departure time did not helped me but no complains it was wonderful 4 days experience i would say if you are with family and kids it is best , i think this hotel should have some activities for kids and should have butlers would add extra caring services and to go out now in Delhi need female drivers so when men are busy in work ladies can go out with lady driver any where as the taj and oberoi do in Mumbai , a great place to be, food prices are very high if compare the portion and quality , quality is ok if the reduce the greases and spices and 100 percent they should increase the size of the portions too small in indian restaurant i had kabas plater given small portions and charged for three or two plater size so portions should be increased , indian deserts are not available food menu should be revised and prices too as per the portion , break fast menu is the same all the time need to revise that too then you will get 100 marks other wise 70 hee thanks and love you all in the grand

Room Tip: it was a family and business trip garden facing rooms are better all rooms are good but i prefer gar...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vivek866
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at The Grand New Delhi on Trip advisor. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel and the services.

Our team is dedicated to provide the best stay experience for our guests and we are very pleased that you felt well looked after during your stay particularly from Varun and our room staff. I have also taken a note of not so good experience at our Indian Fine Dining Restaurant – Caraway due to overall preparations along with portion size of the dishes. We assure you that the same shall be reviewed once again by our Head chef and Food and Beverage in charge. We have also noted your suggestion of having female driver for the single lady guests and will surely look at the possibility of implementing this exciting idea for our lady guests in near future.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

The Grand at New Dehli was very nice. The staff were very good and professional. The rooms were comfortable, adequately sized, and very clean. The breakfast buffet was vast. The food was great and the range of options allowed for folks from across the world to dine in comfort. The work out area and spa were also very nice. I would recommend this hotel to all, especially if you have booked a driver for your stay.

1 Thank Bkwinstin
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

I am a Physician and I live with my family in PITTSBURGH,USA. In Summer of 2012, I visited India along with my 16 yr old daughter to show the Historic Places in India. I stayed in The Grand New Delhi from Augst 7th to August 11th 2012.
My experience was TERRIBLE. Initially the room which was assigned to us, the granite floor was freezing and there was so much water that you will slip and fall. After I brought this issue to the front desk staff, it took 24hrs to assign me another room.
Probably misfortune was chasing us. The second room which was assigned to us, THE BATHROOM FLOOR was flooding whenever we took shower.
All the towels which were supplied by the Hotel were so dirty and filthy looking, I was having hard time to believe that I was staying in a Five Star Hotel.
I took multiple pictures of the FLOODED BATHROOM using my i-phone and showed it to the front desk people to address it.

Despite answering politely that the problem will be fixed ASAP, the problem was never addressed till the day I left.

About Dining: Food was good. But the DINING AREA WAS FULL OF FLIES ruining our Dining Experience.

I will like Mr. Sandeep Bhatnagar, Director of Room to look at the PICTURES OF SHAME and address the issues APPROPRIATELY.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PLEASE THROW ALL YOUR FILTHY LOOKING TOWELS IN THE GARBAGE AND REPLACE IT WITH GOOD TOWELS.

PLEASE RECRUIT SOME GOOD PLUMBERS WHO CAN FIX THE FLOODING BATHROOM.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND MY FRIENDS OR FAMILIES TO STAY @ THE GRAND NEW DELHI.
Dr. Roy
PITTSBURGH / U.S.A

Room Tip: I will NEVER RECOMMEND my friends or families to stay @ The GRAND, New Delhi.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dr.Roy,

I am disappointed to see your feedback and the pictures posted. We obviously have failed in ensuring that you have a great overall experience and I sincerely apologize for this. This, by no way, is the manner by which we run our business and extend our hospitality.

Since your visit we have worked on many improvements in our rooms including the towels being completely replaced from all the guest floors. However, as even shared with you during your stay as well that the condensation in your room to make the floor wet on both the occasions have been because the Air conditioning and fresh air being manually switched off from the temperature control unit in your room. This, due to very high moisture contents being the rainy season led to condensation .

It is disappointing to see the flooding of water in your bathroom and we immediately got the drainage system of your room checked. Post that we have not come accross any such observation or any guest feedback.

We maintain a very high level of hygiene and have two of the most reputed pest control companies engaged to ensure that our guest gets a completely hygienic and safe environment, which is free of any flies or pests. I am not too sure if you are referring to any of the Alfresco dining options, where in certain time of the year especially Monsoon,inspite of all our efforts some pests in the air due to greenery and plantation, can't be avoided completely. We assure you, to be better prepared to handle such a situation for outdoor venues in the times to come.

At the Grand New Delhi, we are proud of the service levels we offer, we take learning from each and every comment and feedback, as they make us better at what we do. We, once again, thank you for the comments, as they will make us better in our service delivery.

Best regards,

Washington D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

The Grand was a very nice hotel situated between New Delhi and Gurgaon. It's a bit of a trek into Old Delhi, but is close to the airport, Qutb Minar and Hauz Kas. There is also a mall/shopping complex across the street.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The staff in the dining areas are very attentive; front desk and business center interactions were sub par (just a long wait and very slow). The grounds were lovely and well maintained.

This hotel does host weddings which are quite the affair in India - be prepared for music that will make your windows vibrate. That being said, they always wrapped up by 11:00 PM or so and therefore never posed us a major problem.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheGrand-Management, Director of Rooms at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the experience from your stay at The Grand New Delhi.

We very much appreciate your kind words on the service extended by our restaurant staff. While we are delighted that you did enjoy seeing nice Indian wedding on our premise, we have also taken a serious note of the disturbance caused by music related to the wedding. At this juncture I would like to share that The Grand New Delhi along with its large inventory of rooms also offers one of the best and largest convention facilities in the city. However, the hotel has been designed in a manner that the convention, the rooms & restaurants & the commercial complex is separately planned over ten acres of beautifully landscaped gardens in a manner that any movement in one area doesn’t really affect the other. The rooms are completely planned away from the convention facilities with double glazed windows to avoid any disturbance coming to the room. In case any of the hotel lawns is used for any event than there is a strict compliance to the house rules ensuring very light or no music depending on the time of the day. We have also noted your feedback regarding the efficiency of Business centre and front desk teams, which shall be worked upon for a better experience in future.

As rightly mentioned our hotel is walking distance to three of the largest malls in the city i.e. - DLF Emporio, Ambience mall & DLF Promenade mall. Locationally we are almost equidistant from the main city centre, major tourist attractions & the commercial business hub. This downtown hotel is also surrounded by green belt with no high rise building obstructing the view from your room. This is what gives you a resort like feel yet being a business hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to New Delhi.

Hospitably,