We stayed at the Oberoi before we changed to the Grand to attend a (wonderfull!) wedding and we made 7 day tour to Varanasi, Agra and Jaipur, all in relatively good hotels. The Grand was the one we liked least.
The location is close to the airport, 15-20 minutes. It took us 40 minutes to get to the Oberoi at a much more strategic location. Next to the hotel is a mall, very american (both prices and shops), nothing very Indian.
The Grand Hotel looks really nice, great lobby and gardens. Also the rooms are very nice, bathroom is spacy with both a bathtube and a walk in shower. Unfortunately the water was cold/not very warm depending on the day.
Staff is not impolite, but do not do make you feel very welcome and special. What was really unacceptable was that they woke us up at 8.30 AM with a call to ask us at what time we would check out. The last night our flight was at 3.30 AM so we booked an extra day so we could still have a few hours of sleep. At 10 PM, when we where soundly a sleep, they called us again to ask us what time we would check out! Unbelievable (I already compliant about the first time). Do not even understand why they need to know this... When we had a pick up at midnight and put our alarm at 11.45 (everything was packed). Just after we woke up the light in our room went out and smelled something burning. With our cell phone as torch we quickly gathered our belongings and left our room (the rest of the hotel had no problem). We were glad to leave. I complained at the reception.
Price is relatively high. Better pay a bit more and book the Oberoi or Imperial!
Why do I still give it 2 stars: the rooms and facilities are good, bed (important!) is good, nice pool (not warmed).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi