“Need to highlight restaurant”

The Grand New Delhi
Ranked #66 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We'll I along with some my companions was attending a seminar in the hotel, after finishing off we wanted to go and spend some time together and were deciding upon a venue in close by malls. It is then when we asked about the dining options in hotel - since it had started raining outside. To our surprise the hotel had an award wining restaurant - it, as the staff told us. Never heard of // very unusual name. The look and ambience was good and so was the service, food was ok, but hardly any people apart from us 5 people. Probably because nobody knows about 'it'. Placed in a small corner of the hotel, as if they don't want any recognition in today's world ?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was in New Delhi for business and I spent about a week at the Grand. The hotel is nice, the personnel is ok and rooms are comfortable. However, internet connection is quite poor (signal is week and unstable) and restroom furniture & equipment is pretty worn out. It is quite close to the international airport, which is a point in New Delhi where traffic is very heavy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sandeep_Bh, EAM - Rooms Division at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Quarktop1979
Thank you for your Kind review of The Grand New Delhi

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to weak wi-fi connectivity. Please be assured that this was a rare occurrence and we have since addressed this matter with my team members.
Thank you for your staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Large, though very bare rooms. Loud party music filled the lobby. The food at the Coffee shop was not very nice though the breakfast was good. Service was quite nice. Overall a good stay though not a patch on the other five star hotels in the region.

Room Tip: Pick up the rooms overlooking the lawns. They are quieter than the Road Side rooms. Pick up the room...
Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ShamsherMann

Thank you for your kind review of The Grand New Delhi, we appreciate your feedback on your recent stay experience with us.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Delhi

Reviewed 8 March 2014

During a delay of our flight to A.dam, we were lodged at The Grand on 6-3-2014. The manager of the restaurant was so kind to invite us to the buffet i.o. the food supplied for KLM guests in a separate room. We were very much prepared to pay for it but in the end he only charged us for the Perrier. Service of the house with excellent care by the staff and a great buffet.
In all a high light during a 27 hr lasting misserable time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jos b

Thank you for your warm review of The Grand New Delhi, the pleasure was ours to welcome you at the hotel

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us. Do come and visit us again when you are next in India.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We are currently staying here. This hotel is a wannabe five star. The rooms are dirty, they don't provide basic toiletries, towels have yellow stains, food is horrible. Avoid staying here. Even concierge is the most useless.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Kaus09

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to some issues during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that this was a rare occurrence and we have since addressed this matter.

We hope that there will be an opportunity in the future to deliver a better experience to you. Thank you for your staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My son and I arrived at the Grand, wanting, needing a place of refuge. We had arrived from Jodhpur via night train. A bit of a "ride from Hell". The Grand more than filled our needs. Right from entering the immaculate grounds, straight through to the delivery of our beautiful room, we knew that the place was made to order. The service at time of check-in, right through to our departure 3 days later was done to a very professional standard. Thank you. My son departed to pick up his bicycle, which was being stored for him in Lucknow, so as to continue on his journey of adventure. Me, I was headed back to Canada, flight leaving at 3:40 am. The hotel was kind to allow me a late checkout, enough time to allow me some freedom to ready myself for my journey.
It is funny that the hotel is rated 102 out of 592 in Delhi. Again, as l wrote in a previous review of a Delhi hotel, I suppose it is what your expectations are. In the case of the Grand, I do not know what people are expecting. This hotel is very much a five star. Neither my son nor I could have wished for more. The hotel is grand, lobby, common areas, our rooms, the grounds very fancy. The hotel facilities were very adequate, workout room, lovely pool, etc. The staff, courteous and very helpful. Congratulations to the management in the hiring of these fine people. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet, great selection, satisfying the discriminating palate.
The hotel is situated close to a few fancy malls, granting a bit of a divergence before we parted ways with Delhi. I must note, there are some very stark differences in this country. No where more evident than in the area surrounding Vasant Kunj. Anyway, we treated our stay here as being at a fancy resort. It was great! And the hotel rate very affordable.
If travelling again to the Delhi area, will stay here again. I certainly will have no problem recommending this hotel. It has my most highest recommendation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JRAsFishBabe

Dear JRAsFishBabe

Thank you for your kind review of The Grand New Delhi
It is such a pleasure to know that we have created a lasting impression on you from your recent experience with us! Thank you for all your kind compliments to my team and a special mention of our lobby, guest rooms, Fitness centre and the pool area

We are grateful for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home on your next visit to New Delhi.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel as the result of a delayed flight. It is a big hotel but it does not really stand out enough for five stars. It lacks real class. My room however was very big, with a huge and deluxe bathroom and a big bed. Unfortunately there was nothing in the minibar.

But the efficient and very polite receptionist said I could just order and pay the next morning just like for the wifi. As I mention this it is a disgrace you have to pay for wifi where as in most 1000 rs places it is for free. I ordered and room service came with my softdrink. I signed. When I wanted to go to sleep (it was 9 in the morning and I had not slept) there was a knock on the door. I had to pay for the drink, Since I had spend my last rupee at the airport I sai I could only pay creduitcard. The waiter then wanted to take my card and asked for the pin (!!!!!!!). I refused. When I was just about to sleep he returned with a machine. I put the card in and gave the pin. It was ok, but one slip did not print well. He then insisted on taking the cradit card again until I shut the door. I finally got to sleep.

It looks like part of the staff is well trained and guest oriented, while others have no consideration for people needing sleep and no notice how to act properly. I could pay at check out was possible the receptionist later confirmed. Or was it an attempted scam. It wasd not professional.So service is a mix of good and very poor...

Also lunch and breakfast were a bit dissapointing: no coffee and only Indian food apart from bread and jam.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Theomolenaar

Thank you for your Kind review of The Grand New Delhi, we appreciate your feedback which gives us great insights on what is important to our guests.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to some issues during your recent stay with us. Please be assured that this was a rare occurrence and we have since addressed this matter with my team members.