“Great Hotel!”

The Grand New Delhi
Ranked #66 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is amazing, it has all the comfort you can hope to find. The staff is extremly kind and you feel like to be home but on the other side of the world. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, it was a great experience. Thank you Grand New Delhi!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Spinuz
Sandeep B, EAM - Rooms Division at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your kind comments on your experience at The Grand New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at The Grand on a 3 day business trip. This was my first stay in this massive property. As I entered the hotel i was WOWED. Beautiful lobby & lounge. Check-in experience was smooth as they had all my details. I was give a room with a pool view. Nice room for business trip. Hotel has lot of restaurants & a very popular club Gbar. The coffee shop (Cascade) has a very beautiful ambiance and great food. Breakfast has nice spread. I had lunch there with my colleague & business clients. Service was sharp & food was tasty. AC was not very effective and maybe due to height. We entertained some clients at Lobby Lounge (dont know the name) it had water fall & gardens. They had great cocktail list & best Martini I ever had. My boss water frozen daiquiri as it was hot but staff refused as they don't make frozen cocktails. Dinner at the Italian restaurant was fantastic. They have outdoor seating but too dark & no fans. We moved inside. They have a great wine list & i felt it's very reasonably priced. Indian restaurant (Caraway) is one of the best in India. Lalit & the Chef recommended me a Kebab meal & served a nice variety of Kebabs. They had nice Whisky selection.
The hotel staff is very friendly & always go an extra mile. They have nice malls next to the hotel. Pool is nice & their SPA is great.

Room Tip: I would suggest a pool facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr.Bhanu,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our offerings and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for one night before our safari trip and one night after. Both times we had to request room change, a/c wasn't working and rooms were grubby. Sheets on bed looked as if they had not been changed or pressed. Not what you expect from a 5 star hotel. Eventual rooms were clean and well prepared. Buffet restaurant was good, esp for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sandeep B, EAM-Rooms Division at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Judeview,

Thank you for the review of our offerings and the services. Your kind words of appreciation for the restaurant particularly the Breakfast is highly appreciated. While we stay committed to provide with the best of the five start guest experience, we seems to have faulted here. I have taken a careful note of your feedback and assure you that necessary corrective measures shall be undertaken to ensure that no other guest of ours faces such an experience. We look forward to welcome you back soon again and it sill surely be this time that we shall be able to bring to you a memorable stay experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very good stay. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Room very neat and clean ,everything of 5 star standard and atmosphere very peaceful.Very relaxing atmosphere.Nice place to stay with in delhi away from delhi.

Room Tip: Middle floor rooms are nice ,but size not adequate for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karam V

We sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and services. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had a free stay voucher for 1 night at this hotel. The Check in was a horrifying experience, we reached for check in at around 3. We had booked 3 Rooms. They said 1 Room is available and we are getting the the other 2 ready. we got the other two rooms at 5 in evening. This was somewhat offset by the late check out that was given to us.

Besides this everything else the service, staff, cleanliness were to the standards of a five star Hotel. The buffet is absolutely scrumptious, Loved it. The pool is well kept.

One thing it lacks is activity's for kids

Room Tip: Choose room with pool side view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a fantastic stay at The Grand,Vasant Kunj this month when got an opportunity to travel to Delhi. Staying at The Grand was my first time experience and indeed, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The Grand, not being very far from the Airport, had an easy access to the main city areas, which made me save on travel time too. The hotel had good spacious room plus their sceneric ambience, great food and the very soft spoken front office staff did make my stay very comfortable. I would specially like to thank and applaud Mr. Rajeev and his team at Concerige who were cordial, welcoming and ready to assist even at odd hours. I am definatively going to recommend The Grand to all my friends. Whenever you are in Delhi, then your stay has to be at The Grand.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Sandeep B, EAM - Rooms Division at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Ms. Karnik,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful endorsement.
It was indeed pleasure to receive your fantastic feedback where you have greatly appreciated our front office team member, Rajiv Jhurani and his concierge team for the warmth, attention and professionalism.
I am glad that our most central location in Delhi-NCR has been appreciated with the room facilities.
I look forward to welcome you back to The Grand New Delhi soon for yet another seamless and delightful stay experience.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

After a sourest experience at Radisson Blu, Pashchim Vihar shifted to The Grand for a night as also had an event there. Check in was in no time. While I was checking out, there was a group checkout happening and unbelievably it took me just 5-7 minutes to be in my car outside after all formalities and payment done. Though the hotel is old and needs up gradation now but still one of the bests in Delhi. The hotel and staff is working in an automation mode. Simply superb. Excellent Pool and the most delicious food, well elaborated breakfast... Simply WOW and when I say that I want to name one person a team leader who absolutely did everything to make us comfortable. The duty manager when I checked in Mr. Ashish. You guys rock. Awesome management. Keep rocking......

Room Tip: Any view room is good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Ohri,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback that you have shared at the trip advisor.
We are glad to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us and appreciated the warmth provided by our team members.
We shall look forward to welcome you all again soon wholeheartedly.

With warm regards,