Stayed here for around a week. Loved the location - in the midst of government bungalows with lush verdant greenery covering buildings. Quite a relief from the concrete-glass urban jungles. The room was good - quite spacious and well appointed. The service was Taj class - so no problems with that as well. I think they can leverage the old world charm of the hotel in terms of room decor. The other thing I was disappointed by was the 'balcony'. It opens out into the inner courtyard which houses the generator, kitchen and what not. No wonder that there wasn't anyone else using their balcony.
In terms of food - the breakfast spread is great and I completely enjoyed different options from Puris to Parathas and Muffins to Muesli. Also loved the 'idli chaat' at the coffee shop! The cherry on top was the fact that the chef personally delivered a pastry and desert on the last day of our stay, with a thank you message.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi is an INTACH listed heritage building, built in 1945 by the colonial architect Walter George in a poetic medley of British and art deco style. This arrival zone sets the tone for guestrooms and banquet facilities that deliver the ultimate in urban relaxation. Get set to be delighted with small surprises from the moment you enter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel New Delhi
- Ambassador New Delhi
- The Ambassador Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel In Delhi
- Ambassador Hotel Delhi