“If you are looking for warmth with excellent service and location. .go for Vivanta by taj ambassador! !”

Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi
Ranked #43 of 778 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I keep coming back to the Hotel as the staff is well trained and I see familiar faces years after years. The rooms are tastefully decorated and some are just gigantic. The location is excellent. I go for my morning walk to the nearby Lodhi Garden and Khan Market is just across the street. Room service is also excellent and they really take care of your preference and taste . Kudos to the staff for keeping the traditional signature service of Taj.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Manish M
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

At the outset, I would like to thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to get a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and all of us.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and patronage. We look forward to serving you again.

Suman Gahlot

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Taj Ambassador changed its name a few years ago while the management remained the same. The first thing that strikes you that it is a vintage property in the heart if Delhi (next to Khan market) and with a warm service unlike other cold five star hotels! Rooms are modern and you get upgraded if you are a regular. Food is great especially their chocolate desserts and the breakfast buffet. They have a well known Chinese restaurant as also a coffee shop. Also a cute little gym. Good central location in Lutyens Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PKS519
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a family trip with my wife and daughter. It was a very good experience. The hotel upgraded me to a big room. It is one of the biggest rooms I stayed in any 5 star property anywhere in the world. The biggest differentiator was the reputed Taj hospitality that was evident at most touch points. A special thanks to Ms Shanti in Room Service who went out of her way to cater to our bengali taste.

Room Tip: Room # 206 is a very big room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank arindam65

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

Your compliment for ‘Shanti’ has been shared with her. Thank you for this encouragement; this sure would help her to strive for the better.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights recently and had a meeting too. let me begin with good things which I noticed, one is definitely food, great delivery time, nice preparations, cooperative chef. great services. the conference hall dome is also very good, able to create nice ambience.
Rooms are fairly ill maintained. furniture is no only old by doesn't meet the class of a five star. balconies are poorly cleaned, corridor outside the room is poorly maintained, AC doesn't work there. the quilt on the bed was small enough, six feet tall person will have problem. AC mechanism is old, many buttons do not work.
Surprisingly the breakfast place is so cramped that it may not accommodate more than 20 people at a time.
The hotel at best give a feel of three star. Not up to the standards to Taj in any way.

Room Tip: Try to take a room facing city, it may be less smelly. Try to be closer to lift Though in my reserv...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

At the outset, I would like to thank you for your feedback for your stay at Vivanta By Taj- Ambassador, New Delhi.

I have made a note of your feedback regarding ‘air conditioning & cleanliness of balconies’. I apologise for the annoyance that this may have caused to you. Issues highlighted by you have been taken up sternly with our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper. Trust these incidents in no way would dilute your association with the Taj. You have my personal commitment and assurance that you will have no further cause for any complaint.

Your suggestions regarding ‘room furniture & spacing at Yellow Brick Road’ have been noted for next renovation plan. Also thank you for your compliments ‘great food and Dome was very good’ have been shared with our team.

I do look forward to meeting you on your next visit and assuring you of our best services always!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

stayed there with family last month great food by Chef Snjay Vij experienced the great feeling of hospitality. Nice and clean rooms. must recommend this hotel to all my friends. its near to Khan market where you can shop the items of your choice very easily.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to all of us.

Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Ambassador for a week, during which I ran a small workshop (25 participants) using the hotel's facilities.

My trips between the airport and the hotel were both late in the evening, and both took about 30 minutes. I would guess that earlier in the day the travel times would be considerably longer, due to city traffic. The hotel is less than 2 blocks from the Khan Market and a 10-15 walk from the India Gate park.

The front of the hotel faces a large grassy lawn and garden and large trees and shrubs line the drive to the hotel doors. The back of the hotel also faces a lawn, but beyond that is a fairly busy street, with a subway station on the far side. However, I didn't notice any significant traffic noise at night to disturb my sleep. As others have mentioned, this is a "heritage" hotel, and it is not a new facility, however, it is a very nice, older hotel, well appointed, in a classical fashion. Check-in was problem free. My workshop participants received free room Wi-Fi, and the data speed was good enough to do Skype video calls from the room. One caveat—if you have two wireless devices, you get free service for only the first one. If you connect a laptop and a phone, you will be charged for the second device. Be sure to ask about this, if you negotiate free Wi-Fi for your stay. You can pay by the day, for 3 days, or for 7 days.

My room was very large, with a separate sitting area. I had two small balconies, one reachable through French doors, the other via a window. Although I was not lucky enough, one of the members of my party came to her room her first night there and found herself eye to eye with a monkey, looking in at the window! The bed was quite comfortable, and the combination of air conditioning and ceiling fan kept the temperature bearable, when the outside temps were 40C. The TV had at least 60 channels including several international news channels. The hotel provides a local newspaper each morning. There was a mini-bar, a tea kettle, and supplies to make tea and coffee. There were always several bottles of water in my room at all times. The room had 2 armoires and a desk. The room was cleaned and organized every day, right down to my loose pens and papers on the desk. Overall the cleaning/room service staff were wonderful—conscientious, helpful, and unobtrusive.

The bathroom was also very large, and it was kept clean and tidy throughout my stay. Toiletries were provided. I never had a problem with adequate hot water or sufficient water pressure. The electrical outlet made for electric shavers needed to be replaced, as the electrical contacts were worn and didn't power my shaver very well.

I had occasion to use the laundry service, and everything was handled well. I think they even ironed my socks!

Food at the hotel is very good. The Yellow Brick Road is a casual room, with excellent food and wait staff. You can get the same food in the Insomnia bar, but items are more expensive. There is also a Chinese restaurant (Larry's Chinese), which had good food in a slightly more formal atmosphere.

The hotel has a compact, but fairly well-appointed fitness center. Kishan, the personal trainer, was on duty during my workout times, and I learned a few workout hints from him as well as a wealth of information about Indian culture.

The hotel staff truly bent over backwards to facilitate my workshop. They set up all the equipment, made sure that the internet access was available all week, rearranged the tables to suit our needs, and even changed the catering schedules more than once to fit into our agenda. It really was a worry-free event, thanks to their hard work. Due to a pre-existing scheduling conflict, they needed to move our meeting to another room in the hotel, and everything was transferred to the new room and back to the original room seamlessly.

Just to give an idea of the personal service the hotel provided us, my birthday occurred on the last day of the workshop. Apparently they read my birthdate from my passport, and just as we wrapped up the workshop, they wheeled in a birthday cake, big enough for everyone. Later that evening, while dining with some of the participants, they brought another cake to our table! The day after the event, I decided to go to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, and the staff not only arranged for a driver, but packed a box lunch for me to take on the 3 hour ride.

This was my first visit to India, and I was extremely pleased with the hotel overall. Participants were also pleased, and having an event go smoothly, largely due to the hard work of the hotel staff, means I could relax and focus on the workshop program, rather than all the logistical issues. I would certainly return to the hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to schedule another event there.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the front of the hotel—overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mchlwch
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a heritage property, it makes up in character what it lacks in amenities. If you are looking for a modern hotel this isnt for you, but if you appreciate a breeze from the past you will find this hotel charming. The service throughout my stay was terrific, the people working at the reception were especially wonderful and helpful in any way they could be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

It always feels good to receive feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to all of us.

Your comment regarding ‘amenities’ have been noted. I hope you will not hold this against us.

We look forward to serving you again.