“A fantastic base in Delhi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bajaj Indian Home Stay

Bajaj Indian Home Stay
Ranked #50 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“A fantastic base in Delhi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Best homestay I have ever stayed at , The location is great , a few minutes walk from Karol Bagh Market ( well worth a visit ) and the Metro station. Our group had 2 rooms both clean and comfortable. The 2 major selling points to staying here are the staff who are so welcoming friendly and helpful and the amazing home cooked food. if you have time it's well worth doing the in house cooking course. We are already planning our return trip next year.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Many Thanks, for posting your kind reviews for Bajaj Indian Home Stay & for also acknowledging that the location is very good. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Indian Homestay was wonderful. Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart.

Kind Regards
Rani Bajaj (Mrs.)
Bajaj Indian Homestay,Delhi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

On out first trip to India, my girlfriend and I decided to push the boat out and stay somehwere nice for teh first 2 nights.

This places was great - free pickup arrived right on time and took us straight to the hotel - no commission adventures.
The hotel is beautifully furnished, and the chef is very nice - and makes some great dishes.
Pricier than other hotels for what you get, but it is worth it to have somewhere nice to stay after the hectic-ness of Delhi.
The staff gave us great advice about Delhi, which was good.
Word to the wise: don't take any rickshaws or taxis from outside the hotel, but walk to the very close Karol Bagh metro stop - its tourist scam-proof, very cheap (10 rupees average) and air- conditioned. Get a metro map and take it to whatever sights you want to visit, then get a rickshaw from there if you need to.

Would recommend for older travelers our couples.

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms near the breakfast area - they can be pretty noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James K
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many Thanks, for posting your kind reviews for Bajaj Indian Home Stay & for also acknowledging that the food was tasty and you enjoyed the Indian flavors.We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Indian Homestay was wonderful. Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart. We will make every endeavor to keep our Hallmark & quality benchmark always highest.

We look forward for your stay in the future as well.

Rani Bajaj
Bajaj Indian Home Stay, New Delhi
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I actually did not stay her myself, but my daughter did with a Girl Scout group. My daughter left a disposable camera in her room. The folks at the hotel called the chaperone when they were at the airport. My daughter said they could just throw out the camera since it was only a disposable one, but they cabbed it over to the airport, found the group, and returned it to her!

The girls were also impressed with the van they were picked up in and the flowers the staff gave to them. They said the beds were super-comfortable, especially after spending the past week in the dorm at the Girl Scout Centre.

Thanks so much for looking out for our girls!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Librarian1998
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your visit to Bajaj Indian Homestay and your valuable comments. & for also acknowledging that our services were appreciated. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful. Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart.
We are looking forward to see you again at our place soon. Our endeavor is to strive for excellence and delivering our services to the utmost satisfaction of yours.

Bajaj Indian Home Stay New Delhi
Nassau County, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife and I traveled to India during the summer of 2012. While this review is tardy, it is well earned. Our Stay here was everything we expected, plus more. Comfortable, safe, and ideal for a seamless stop through New Delhi. Great service, great rooms, great people--what more could you ask for? Oh yea, great food. I recommend.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, they are helpful.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sumeer_09
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your visit to Bajaj Indian Homestay and your valuable comments & for also acknowledging that our services were appreciated. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful.

Bajaj Indian Homestay, New Delhi
Poitiers, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Believe me they really uphold the spirit of these words at Bajaj Home Stay. I did not book my airline ticket until I had confirmation that I could stay here and I am so glad that I did stay here. Everybody involved are helpful, good humoured and make the guest feel that they are part of a big Indian family.
All the rooms are comfortable with ensuite facilities, mini bar and satellite television. The laundry was efficient and speedy. Breakfast was a delight with plenty of individually cooked food. Evening meals were cooked to order from a wide variety of dishes from Chinese, European, Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian and South Indian all cooked to perfection by Umade and Mithu.
Mrs Rani Bajaj takes an interest in her guests and is a font of knowledge of Delhi and India as are all her staff. Bajaj home stay offers comfort, security and a great sense of well being. To say this is a home from home is an understatement because if my home was as good as this I would never leave it!!
Their associated travel company arranged a 13 day tour of the south of India for me which was tailored to my needs from taking me to the airport to fly to Bangalore, arranging a car and driver for my trip, to meeting me at the airport upon my return .
Bajaj Home Stay really sets the standard that other places with higher star ratings should aim to achieve. I will only book my flight next year when Bajaj Home Stay confirm that they have accommodation for me

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks for precious & nice review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to note that our staff of Bajaj Indian Homestay was found to be very hospitable and accommodating and their services were appreciated. Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart. Our Homestay team is well supported by our in-house Travel and Tourism Companies who make every endeavor to keep our Hallmark & quality benchmark always highest.

We look forward for your stay in the future as well.

Raj Bajaj
C.E.O
Bajaj Indian Home Stay,New Delhi
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Rani and her staff are amazing! From the first time I emailed Rani about reservations to the moment I left, I felt very welcomed and taken care of. The free airport shuttle when you arrive is a great service, especially when it is your first time to Delhi, which can be a little overwhelming. I only had a two night reservation the last day of April and first day of May and I arrived in the morning, but my luggage was lost by the airline. When I arrived at the home stay, Rani and her staff took very good care of me. They called the airline for me to help with tracking my luggage. I also did not have any plans of what to do for my first day in Delhi and the staff called for a driver who arrived within 20 minutes was great and took me around to most of the major attractions. During the entire stay, the staff was amazing, knowledgeable about the area, etc., and I cannot emphasize the great service I received. Thank you Rani and please thank your staff again for the great service and help they provided during my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Dear Valued Client,

Thanks for appreciating the passionate team of Bajaj Indian Home Stay. We are pleased to note that our staff was found to be very hospitable and accommodating and their services were appreciated by your goodself. Our team is committed to continue by offering best personalized services to all our valued guests.

We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was splendid.

Look forward to see you again at our place again. Our endeavor is to strive for excellence and delivering our services to the utmost satisfaction to all our precious guests.

Rani Bajaj (Mrs.)
Bajaj Indian Home Stay.New Delhi
edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed here on our first few nights in India. No complaints, the room was large and clean. it had good wifi and minibar. There was also a nice roof terrace to sit at night.

We only had breakfast here, no main meals, but it was nice and the service was good.

Location was okay, it was a short metro ride away from the main area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your visit to Bajaj Indian Homestay and your valuable comments. & for also acknowledging that the food was tasty. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful.

Bajaj Indian Home Stay New Delhi