First of all, when one makes an International reservation and shows their arrival at 5 am, the front desk should understand that the guest wants to check-in at that time, and not wait until 4 pm for normal check in hours. The staff was very gracious and allowed me to sit in the club lounge until 7 am. I was charged an additional half day rate beyond what I had prepaid in advance for an early check-in. Also by prepaying, it was indicated that it was a 20% savings, but it was more like 10-12% savings by prepaying and it is non-refundable. I’d give second thoughts to prepaying at the Hyatt next time.
The rooms are extra small. There is not enough room for larger suitcases. This Hyatt is definitely a business hotel and not designed for the leisure traveler.
All and all, as in most hotels of this caliber the staff is what makes the difference. And the Hyatt
does not disappoint in this area.
I was rather disappointed in the spa and opted not to get a treatment. It is more of a Health Club with amenities verses a spa. The pool area is beautiful and nicely landscaped, but a little too exposed for me.
I opted to upgrade to the Club Lounge. It was an additional $4k rupee per night plus tax. I was terribly disappointed in the food. One morning I ordered eggs over medium. They were over cooked and almost inedible. I should have sent them back. Another day I ordered an omelet which had no flavor. The salt on the tables will not come out of the shakers because of the humidity. The tomato, potato and mushrooms garnishments were shriveled up, unappetizing and flavorless. The evening appetizers also had no flavor. Yes, they looked pretty but tasted bad. And I am very easy to please. The good part is they are very generous with the alcohol. One night I arrived 8-minutes after the appetizer hour was over. The staff had to ask a manager if I could have a glass of wine without charge. There were plenty of people all around me still drinking and I was a bit put off by her attitude. The manager did bring me a glass of wine and 4-meatballs, so I was grateful. The Hyatt in Mumbai does a much better with their Club level. There should be a menu given in the evenings for the guests to see. I felt the options offered were limited.
I’m not sure I would return to the Hyatt due to the size of the rooms. I definitely will not spend the additional $4k rupees for their Club Level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Delhi, the largest five-star hotel in Delhi, is located in the commercial hub of Bhikaji Cama Place just 20 minutes' drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport and the city's domestic airport. The Delhi hotel is also close to embassies, consulates and corporate headquarters, making it one of the most preferred business hotels in Delhi.The 507 rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency Delhi are equipped with modern amenities and high-speed Internet access to support guests' business needs, while all seven floors offer a panoramic view of the city and the landscaped gardens. The city hotel is also a benchmark of excellence for five-star dining in Delhi, that offers an exceptional range of dining options. Enjoy a delicious meal at the Cafe an all-day dining restaurant or resort for a traditional Chinese dining experience at the China Kitchen. Settle down for a brief coffee break or a sweet interval at the Sidewalk . For authentic Italian, choose La Piazza, the warm, lively and casual dining restaurant. Wind up the busy evening with a splendid meal at the TK'S Oriental Grill; or simply step into Polo Lounge to experience fine flavours, while a live musical performance keep the spirits high.Within this New Delhi luxury hotel, guests can also enjoy numerous leisure facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool and the Club Olympus Fitness Centre and Spa. One can opt for the best shopping experience too at the hotel's multilevel shopping complex featuring more than 36 boutiques of Indian artifacts, handicrafts and jewelers.The bustling capital provides a wealth of activities for guests to experience, options range from sightseeing in Delhi including some of the noted architectural and historical wonders of the world. For those who want to indulge in shopping in Delhi, you can choose from the alleys of old Delhi to the most chic markets, also those wishing to spend their time in sports activities in Delhi, the nearest golf courses and Polo ground offers ample opportunities, also one can visit the museums or be enchanted by the religious places.The proximity of the Hyatt Regency Delhi to numerous and famous business centers makes it the ideal place to plan a conference, a product launch or a fashion show. As a leading wedding venue hotel in Delhi, the hotel has arranged many weddings in the past 30 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency New Delhi
- Hyatt New Delhi
- Hyatt Hotel Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Delhi