“Certainly better with time”

Hyatt Regency Delhi
Ranked #45 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My flight landed late and had a very harrowing flying experience. All that was put to rest by the attentive staff at Hyatt Regency, Delhi. Since my last visit, it feels like the rooms have been upgraded (and as has the hospitality).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to learn of your pleasant experience at Hyatt Regency Delhi. We appreciate your positive comments on the renovated rooms and the improved service standards.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Hyatt Delhi, is absolutely a fantastic hotel, I have always had a very good experience , the service has been excellent right from the start of the check in to the check out, the staff is friendly and very welcoming. They try and reduce your waiting time at the time of check in. Especially when you are traveling on business and at the end of a long day , you would like to see a happy face, welcome you. It is also an honor when the staff recognize you that is absolute hospitality.
The restaurants are good. The Italian is on of my favorite restaurants to have Lunch or dinner, the food is just fantastic. The Chinese restaurant is really lovely as well the food is awesome.
I honestly think that they hotel values its guest. My overall experience of the Hyatt Delhi is one of the best compared to most of the other hyatts across India. Even the sales staff never fail to deliver there service on time.
Definitely one f the best hotels, clean rooms. I have noticed considering we travel so much it is always a pleasure to come back to the Hyatt, it feels very welcoming. For those traveling even on holiday they should try the hyatt hotel while they are in Delhi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank-you for choosing Hyatt Regency Delhi for your first visit to India. We are delighted about your pleasant stay and a positive experience with our associates at breakfast. I must comment that your recommendation to use hotel transport is definitely a smart choice. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was my first trip to India on business so I wanted a hotel where I hoped I would be comfortable so that I could get accustomed to this new experience. I have to say although the Hyatt is part of a large group the staff here managed to make this a unique experience form. 5 star treatment from the moment I arrived at checkin continued throughout my stay. the room was well appointed, comfortable just what i expect from this type of hotel. Breakfast on my first day was simply excellent. A great and varied choice complimented by an excellent welcome and service from all the staff. The breakfast is a self service buffet but I can tell you that the staff here are so helpful and friendly that all I had to do was sit back, relax and the waiting staff did the rest. service levels rarely experienced like this anywhere else. so good I wanted to stay longer. if you want a warm welcome on your first or any other trip to India stay here. the prices is very reasonable for this standard of hotel and the service exceeds expectations.

Room Tip: Don't risk a taxi from the airport - its very complicated and not so safe. Book the hotel limous...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your delightful comments for the accommodation and service at Hyatt Regency Delhi.

At Hyatt Regency Delhi, we continually strive to offer a warm, comfortable and memorable experience to each of our guests. We are pleased to learn that our efforts were successful in creating a pleasant experience on your very first visit to the Capital. We have shared your encouraging feedback with our team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel was not bad, in fact I was upgraded to a suite since I was a Hyatt Diamond member. However, there was no mention of it during check-in and naturally I was pleased with the large room. The room has a nice espresso machine with illy's coffee (very good) and has a bowl of candies on the work desk but the bathroom amenities needs some upgrading since they were not really nice to use. What I did not like was that the room had no view whatsoever.

Layout of the bathroom was not the best but it has separate tub and shower so it was still good. Regency club lounge was very good as well since it is a large space with lots of seating but the breakfast fare was disappointing and perhaps the worst compared to other Hyatt hotels I stayed in India.

The main problem with this hotel was the concierge attitude in attending to guests' needs since I had made prior arrangements with one of their taxis that I had used earlier in the morning for another trip. But the concierge just did not want to call for that taxi driver due to the way the taxis was regulated. Guests should have been reminded of this during check-in. Another issue was how the hotel wanted to overcharge me for the stay indicating that there was some additional taxes for the upgraded suites. First of all I did not know I was upgraded to a suite and since I was travelling alone, the suite stay was not that useful. Furthermore I was upgraded to suites in my other stays in India and had no such additional charges. I think the hotel needs more transparency in communicating all these with guests as they create a bad experience.

Room Tip: Get a room that either faces the pool or courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi.

Thank you for your time and effort for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to learn of your positive comments on the room size and the amenities available in the room. Reference to your comment on the disappointing room view, recommend that you ask to be reserved for a view room whenever you plan to visit us next.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience faced with the concierge services. I assure you that it is otherwise unlike the high standards of service we endeavour to maintain. Your feedback has been taken into account and we promise to ensure that such inconveniences are not repeated in future.

Reference to your dissatisfaction with our breakfast buffet offer we would like to inform you that our culinary team is continuously engaged in innovating the menu. We have passed on your feedback to the concerned team so that we may work on delighting our guests each time they visit us and avail our services.

About our billing procedures please be informed that our policies are as per the market standards and our rates too have been competitively priced.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel is located close to an office/business area where some big Indian corporation are located. It suited me fine because I was travelling on business. If you are travelling for pleasure, probably there other hotels with better location closer to tourist or shopping attraction.
The hotel room is very clean and the bed was comfortable with free wifi available in the rooms and common area. The hotel provided a warm respite against the winter cold outside especially at night.
The breakfast buffet provided at the cafe downstairs has an excellent spread of both local and international selection. There are many vegetarian option available. Complementary pre-dinner drinks and light refreshment are also provided at the Regency Club Lounge for those staying in the Club rooms.
Overall it was a pleasant experience staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank-you for your feedback.

We are glad to learn of your pleasant stay with us.
Around the vicinity of the hotel we do have a few cultural hubs like Dilli Haat, heritage sites like Qutab Minar, Humanyu's Tomb, Hauz Khaz Fort and local shopping centres like Sarojni Nagar and Shahpur Jaat, also 10 minutes drive from the hotel is DLF Emporio, the best luxury mall with the best international brands in Delhi.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

hyatt .. the name its self defines everything ,,, you can enjoy premium luxury and care in this property .. rooms here are very comfortable and restraunts are great .
i tried it SPA and im not gone forget that experience any soon :)

Room Tip: Top rooms are the best ..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JasonBourne2014
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi.

Thank you for your time and effort for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the SPA services. Hope in your next visit you can try some more therapies and the Salon too.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

When someone is visiting New Delhi for Business then I would recommend them to stay at Hyatt Regency for the sheer pleasure of staying. The rooms are comfortable, clean and suited for staying for business purposes

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are more comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank drds2b

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi.

Thank you for your time and effort for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to learn of your pleasant stay with us. We hope in your next stay, you will also get some time to visit the closest cultural hubs like Dilli Haat, heritage sites like Qutab Minar, Himanyu's Tomb, Hauz Khaz Fort and local shopping centres like Sarojni Nagar and Shahpur Jaat.