“A true 5 star”

Hyatt Regency Delhi
Ranked #48 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Very good hotel, a true 5 star as my subject says, rooms are very clean and comfortable. A good variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,537)

Reviewed 4 December 2010

This was the first hotel as part of our India Trip and it met our expectations as a Hyatt and an upscale property. It was a nice oasis in the middle of crazy traffic and congested highrises. The rate included breakfast which was excellent. We had lunch in the bar and it was also very good but very expensive. Over $100 for 4 people. The US cost if in a similar hotel would have been $50. The Indian hotel chains have figured out that westerners are willing to pay more to ensure safe eating and charge accordingly.
My only problem with the hotel was that during the meals staff have a hard time understanding simple requests. I kept asking for bottled water and the waiter would always say "yes sir" but never return. What we learned is that regardless of what the question is and whether or not they understand they always say yes sir. You think they do but many times they do not. Finally after several attempts I asked a manager and unopened bottle water was brought to my table each morning. So my recommendation is that if you think your request is not getting through always ask someone in charge. They will instruct staff on the english translation.
Room service and cleaning was always as requested and prompt.

Reviewed 2 December 2010

We had stayed 5 nights in Hyatt, our friend got a really good rate for us including breakfast. The renovated room was good, met our expectation. But I think the hotel has a problem with bugs. After returning from Agra, we checked into a non-renovated room which had a bug coming out of nowhere laying on my bed, so happened the room service staff was there to do the turn down service, and he changed all the bedding, but we requested to have the room changed, and the lobby manager answered the phone and did it right way, she even showed us the room before making the changes. Because the hotel was built many years ago, the sound proof does not meet our standard. You can hear everything happened in the hallway. Also, I saw a few cockroaches in the breakfast area near the fruit juice area and the beauty salon. The hairdresser did not even kill it, he just hit it to the floor and let it go, and I did not want him to touch me after that. He did not even wash his hand. I just told him I did not want a hair cut any more and left. We also got mosquitoe bits in the Chinese restaurant, which is the best Chinese food in India. I strongly recommended it. The good thing is there is no MSG as it is banned in India. Overall, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2010

As I said above great place if you get the new renovated rooms. I got an old room and felt a bit cheated as the fittings are quite dated especially the AC which had no temperature control. Room Service was prompt but food a bit sad. Breakfast Buffet was great though with a very wide spread. Other restaurants are cool too.

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have made many visits to this Hyatt. The grandeur of lobby is fantastic, with the cascading waterfall that ends at the restaurant. The restaurants are great. Can't tell if I like the China restaurant or the pizzeria more.Its convenient for doing a like of things in the now giant Delhi. Not so near the airport, but then again not so far either being right on the ring road, last time I made it about fifteen or twenty minutes. All things considered that's near. And everything as it should be in a Hyatt, style, comfort, personal care. Can I say I love Hyatt?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2010

As far as business hotels in Delhi go this place is average - in need of a makeover. The rates are a bit less than other hotels probably because of this. Rooms are very small. Servie not as good as Taj, Oberoi, Leela, Imperial etc - so if you are thinking of staying at one of those I would over the Hyatt.

The China House restaurant is very good though.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

The hotel is nice, luxurious and comfortable as is expected of a five star hotel. The issue I have is that they messed up my reservation that had me stranded for one night in Delhi during a period where most of the hotels were sold out. They blamed their reservation department, implying that reservations do not represent the Hyatt and are not part of the group. The apology did not seem sincere and the impression I got was that they did not care much and they did not do enough to get me alternate accomodation. Given a choice I would not like to stay here again. Fortunately for me a colleague helped me get alternate accomodation, but the experience with the Hyatt was not something I would care to repeat.

2  Thank nm01
brucetim, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have faced during the reservation. Please be assured the same has been shared with the team for further improvement.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on you next trip to Delhi.

Timothy Bruce