“its ok”

The Claridges New Delhi
Ranked #35 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The staff , breakfast and dinning the gardens and the bar were all fine but the room was so tinny and dated . We were in room 115 with sort off a ballcony maybe one or two floors above is better . The pool was wet and ok to cool down in but nothing spectactular . Location is great . The staff orginized us a one day trip to Agra , was expensive but latter thought well worth the experience . Thinking the 160klm trip would take us around 2hrs each way (australian driving time ) it actully took 4 1/2hrs each way so we were glad that Claridges drove us in an Audi and not a took took . Overall it is a nice hotel but next time i travel to Delhi i will inquire about uper floor rooms .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Second visit here and the room was fine.

Try to get a room on the third floor if you can.

Great at tentative service and spotless room.

Negatives....charging for Wi Fi these days is a no no and a Big Rip Off.

Good location for Diplomatic business. Plenty of taxis if you need them and walking distance to a lot of important sites and Connaught Place.

1  Thank GRT7V
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I'm a claridges club member, and it has been great being a member until I experienced a very cold and a snobbish attitude from Ms. Kiran ,Paul and Sunaina who takes care of Claridges Clubwhile I was just trying to book my room with the Claridges New Delhi.

I called for a reservation of 2 rooms for my guest for the 30 th july and wanted to use one complimentary coupon that I being a Claridges Club member but they refused to offer me the same saying "No room availability" whereas it is really annoying to believe this as your online booking shows the availability.

On asking to give the same in writing they refused and said we cannot provide the same.

So if you are planning to take a membership of Claridges BEAWARE and don't ever do that mistake.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank SunnyMukhi
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We have booked ourselves into the hotel since 11.07.2011 and staying in room 153.

At the time of check in we told the reception to allot us a nice room as we are staying for 6 nights. We were shown room 153 and found that there was renovation work going on in the alleys and the room was quite far tucked into a corner and had views of the pantry with rotten food and flower area open all times presenting a very unpleasing view of which we complained the next evening. Not only that the air conditioning of the room had been malfunctioning and even after repeated complaints there was no action. The receptionist said that the renovation will be over by 6 P.M. on 11.07.2011.

Just couple of hours back at around 11 .00 P.M. There was peculiar noise coming of growling and thundering and my wife who was alone enquired after a hour of agony to the hotel reception as to where the sound was coming from they said there was a malfunction in the kitchen upstairs with the refrigerator and they will rectify the same . This sound stopped all of a sudden after that and again we could hear the sound at 12.00 A.M. The sound was of as if some one is moving the furniture and softer thunder. When we complained the reception said they will check again. We also asked someone to check the air condition and as no one arrived for half an hour we asked for the duty manager to come to the room.

The Duty Manager Mr. Mukherjee instead of being apologetic started a long argument and when asked as to why this attitude is he replied he has to support his team staff. This reply was quite shocking and when we said that there is still the renovation work going in the alley with paint smell of which my wife is allergic to he kept on arguing that this kind of work are very normal and guest should be used to it in any hotel. This is not at all an issue to complain about as per his words. We travel around the world most of the time and have never come across a peculiar situation like this . The Duty Manager instead of resolving and working out an alternative kept on arguing for 30 –45 minutes trying to counter attack every problem we told him about. We were almost sweating because of the suffocation and the technician lied about the room temperature in front of the duty manager. Instead of apologising he said to us that as the technician is a team member he has to support him and not the guest even though when the guest caught the technician red handed saying a lie.

Upon being fed up with his argument we had no choice but to ask him to make us speak to someone who can resolve and he said he is the only person available at that moment.

We are really shocked and surprised at the attitude of the duty manager and have no option but to continue in the same room as he has ignored the total situation.

We have suffered an agony and in the middle of the night had to write this mail to the GM of the property.

10  Thank MADHUVINAY
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The last time I stayed at Claridges two or three years ago, there was a problem at check-out, as after having asked me if I had taken anything from the minibar, to which I replied 'no', I was told that the room check staff had found articles removed. I was hugely insulted at this because of the unstated implication that I was lying.

Ten days ago, I again stayed at The Claridges, largely at the encouragement of my lomgstanding and trusted travel agent. Unbelievably, exactly the same thing happened. Having been asked if I had taken anything from the minibar and replied in the negative, I was told that checks had found that chocolate had been removed.

I haven't a clue who removed these items, but I do know that a hotel that treats its customers with this sort of disrespect will eventually find itself with no customers.

My recommendation is to avoid this hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank elvinder
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We will 100% be back for Sure.First ,the prearranged pick up at the IGI airport by the Hotel SUV{lots of luggage}by the silver hotel AUDI Q7SECONDLY,Midnight check in no hassle check out THIRDLY the perfect suite ,the breakfast buffet the evening snack in the palm green grass front garden the blu pool the shopping in the hotel the security the location the no stess staff and tours,,,,we came for a family emergency the first time in 30 yrs for my wife.,many funerals for me...

Room Tip: book ahead and online like on fa cebook give 100 rupee tips to all =4 dollars....each...doorman the...