“Another excellent stay at The Claridges”

The Claridges New Delhi
Ranked #37 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was my 15th stay at The Claridges in the past five or six years. I keep returning because it is elegant, affordable, and the staff are abundantly friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well appointed, there are a number of dining options on premises. I have been so well accommodaed there that I do not even consider stayign elsewhere when I am in Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank screenname752
ClaridgesNewDelhi, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm review about your recent stay at The Claridges New Delhi. Your positive feedback encourages us to continue delivering great experiences to our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to New Delhi.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been here a couple of nights, from Aug 16th to Aug 18th. This Hotel is very clean, it has good restaurants, and is very well positioned. Definitively I recommend this hotel with a good rate price-quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank luca120374

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, thank you for making The Claridges New Delhi your preferred hotel in New Delhi. It is good to know that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of during your stay. We look forward to having you with us again when you are next in New Delhi.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I always try to seek out small hotels for the more intimate experience they afford. Claridges in Delhi was a fantastic choice. The hotel is well presented, the rooms are massive, bathrooms generously proportioned if slightly dated. One drawback is that the rooms have no views. In fact the windows are covered in tinted glass. The staff were just terrific. The breakfasts (included) were really good. Above all, the hotel is well- located in South Delhi. Great choice and highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your warm review of your recent stay at The Claridges New Delhi. We are glad that you felt comfortable and well-looked after during your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the view from the room and the glass. You may be pleased to know that we intend to upgrade our rooms in the near future.

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and we look forward to being of service to you when you are next in New Delhi.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a favourite hotel for us in Delhi. The heritage, the location in amongst the wide avenues and roundabouts of Lutyens's New Delhi with easy to reach heritage sites, the garden for relaxation and the well provided rooms and suites and bathrooms. There are four restaurants and I like them all. Delhi is a big city with real traffic problems so it is especially nice to stay in the centre of elegance and in easy walk of Khan Market and Lodi Gardens as well. The food is truly excellent and the function rooms are elegant but not cavernous. I like this place and feel it is a home from home for me on visits to Delhi. The Management is very personal and good with exacting standards here.

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite ask for this as they are beautifully equipped...I like the thirties decor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoseofScotland
ClaridgesNewDelhi, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for your kind review, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stays with us. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our convenient location, rooms and our hospitality. My team has extended their warm thanks for the special mention of their service. It would be our pleasure to extend our warm hospitality to all of you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The service, rooms, people were impeccable. The customer service was magnificent, with the Duty Manager always on 'duty' making sure things ran smoothly. The hotel were very accommodating as I arrived in a rush and needed to check in immediately to have a skype call that was urgent! I was immediately given my key - none of that usual check in delay.
The only 2 slight issues were being bitten in the Sevilla restaurant by something really nasty, don't know what it was, and probably not a lot the hotel could do about it, but I recommend covering yourself in anti mosquito stuff, secondly, I ate in PickWicks the second night and had Chicken curry. The chicken was very undercooked, bloody in fact, (which was fortunate as I saw it through the sauce). I sent it back and they were very apologetic, replaced the dish and gave us free ice-cream, unfortunately both my husband and I were ill (and still are) so we are assuming that this was the reason. I think this as a rare occurance though as the manager was incredibly shocked and couldn't have been nicer about it, just make sure you check for that sort of thing! Breakfast is brilliant but no Orange juice! I asked for it and they delivered, freshly squeezed. Nice touches like that abound. Will definitely go again. Highly recommended. Just beware of the chicken.....! )

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SpanishDweller
ClaridgesNewDelhi, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience with regards to food & Sevilla. I wish to assure you that contrary to the impression you have gained, my team and I are dedicated to uphold high quality standards at all the times. I have discussed your points at length with my team and we are taking positive steps forward to carry out corrective action where necessary and focusing on the areas for improvement that you have highlighted.

We are nevertheless glad that you were comfortable during your stay with us and our service highlighted your experience with us.

We hope for another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future, thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Excellent location, next to Mahatma Gandji museum, good value for money, eating in the hotel restaurant is very expensive. Staff are very friendly. For long staying guests, do not book under the condition of advance payment. The staff / guest ratio is almost 1.5 to 1, much better than any European hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your brief feedback about the recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our convenient location in New Delhi which is near to most of the famous monuments. The team has extended their thanks for the special mention of their service. Look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at The Claridges for one night after traveling in relatively remote areas of India for a couple of weeks and staying at 'best available' that often wasn't very good. Therefore, we were very happy to see the lovely exterior and interior of The Claridges and to have the opportunity of eating western food again. (Nothing wrong with Indian food and we generally enjoyed it, but having it every day for two weeks is too much of a good thing, believe me.) However, we found the atmosphere rather stifling and staff, while helpful, seem to be rather judgmental. We had the feeling that if we had been dressed as business people, rather than as tourists, we would have had a different and better experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrequentStayer0
ClaridgesNewDelhi, General Manager at The Claridges New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is a great pleasure to know that our staff was helpful during your stay. We are sorry to learn that your stay felt below your expectations. We have read your feedback and it is a valuable reminder for the team to sharpen their service delivery and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. Attention to detail is very much important for us to we ensure our guests are comfortable at all the time during their stay. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.