The Claridges New Delhi
  • Room Service
The Ashok(New Delhi)
Average 3/5
2,437 results
All reviewsdhaba restaurantvodka barfront lawnjade restaurantsevilla restaurantkhan marketlodhi gardensclub roomlovely hotelchoice of restaurantsdiplomatic areabreakfast roomnice poolgolden trianglean oasisindia gatefive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The best thing about the Claridges is its terrific location, right at the center of Lutyens' Delhi and very close to all the Central government ministries. This makes it very convenient to get your business done if you have ministerial work. But the hotel needs to work on its service standards to justify its five-star rates. At Rs 14,000 a night you expect top service, but I found that four out of five calls i made to housekeeping, bell desk, duty manager etc went unanswered. That's pretty appalling. The breakfast buffet was strictly ok, not very exciting. My room window looked out on utility equipment on a roof, not exactly what I'd asked for, though I guess you could get a glimpse of the pool out of the corner of the window. All in all I didn't think it was really worth the room rate.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank goabum
Reviewed 7 March 2010

On arrival at 6.00pm we had to wait 30 mins only to be told that the type of room that we had booked 6 months before was not available.However after complaining to the duty manager he soon found us a nice suite.We had a lovely evening in the outdoor 'Seville' restaurant which had amazing decor, tucked away at the back of the hotel which not many people seemed to find.
Breakfast was rather a scrum in a room that was far too small for the number of guests.I wonder if the hotel has added too many rooms for the facilities.
Overall not bad by any means, but not up to The Imperial where we had stayed on our previous holiday in India.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M.R.Carr
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I stayed at the Claridges in Delhi with my Indian friend - we were there for 5 nights. Old friends, catching up with each other. Sharing a room so that we could talk and talk. Our experience there completely exceeded my expectations. I have never been in a hotel where I have been made so welcome. Really caring attitude from the staff both room boys and reception. Lovely welcome in the Pickwick Restaurant and greeted with apparent pleasure and delight every time we went anywhere. The room was lovely and looked over trees and next door's lovely garden. It was a long way from Reception so I asked for one nearer as both my friend and I are elderly and challenged by walking long distances. Great efforts were made to change us to another room even though the hotel was full. In the end we preferred the room we had been alloctaed and stayed where we were. We managed the walk which seemed shorter once we got to know it. The room had very comfortable beds and the shower was the best I have ever been in - absolutely gorgeous with two sources of water - like a luxurious torrent. Always hot water, everywhere clean and sparkling. Such a lovely welcoming hotel. I would recommend it to anyone. Three years ago I stayed there just for two nights and since then it has been upgraded - I highly recommend it - wish I was back there now! In the sun - sitting in the garden or by the pool sipping a latte.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Midwifecf
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed at Claridges in Jan 2010. We landed in the cold wintery night with the heaviest fog around delhi. Upon checkin staff was very courteous . Given a non smoking room but ashtray & match box was given on the first request without having to change the room. Room was clean with adequate amenities for two persons throughout stay. Bed was extermely comfortable with a very nice small red colour pillow which has the card hanging for pillow menu. VERY INNOVATIVE. Food was good at dhaba but waiting is an issue as the place is very small & always packed during dinner. Service is what makes claridges seprate from other big hotels in delhi which works like factories. Only issue which comes during the stay was the non availability of the pool area due to the private function . It should have been informed at the time of checkin. Love to come back & stay at Claridges.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank beehoney06
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Stayed here twice, good 4* hotel. Very clean & good standard of service too. The staff are very courteous & attentive; good choice of resturants all good & great vodka bar. Facilities are also a good standard, spa services very good & the pool is lovely. I've stayed in a deluxe room & also a Club room & I would recommend upgrading to a Club room if you are staying a few nights as more space & better bathroom facilities with separate large shower too , cheaper to do directly with the hotel when you arrive, but deluxe room absolutley fine with mini bar, flat screen tv, etc, etc.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family