The Claridges New Delhi
US$180
US$150
US$107
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$280
US$205
US$129
US$117
US$179
US$148
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$216
Taj Hotels
US$39
US$33
US$90
US$64
2,473 results
All reviewsdhaba restaurantvodka barfront lawnjade restaurantsevilla restaurantkhan marketlodhi gardensclub roomlovely hotelchoice of restaurantsdiplomatic areabreakfast roomnice poolgolden trianglean oasisindia gatefive star hotel
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Beautiful hotel in superb location for sightseeing, fantastic restaurants and very comfortable rooms. Very much enjoyed the colonial feel and having afternoon tea on the lawns.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

The hotel has an understated and very refined elegance about it, great location, very hardworking staff who are obviously trained on the job but learning and willing to learn fast. Superb breakfast in the very nice Pickwick's, I enjoyed every minute of my 13 nights stay here. The only reason not to write a raving review would be to make sure it is not fully booked next time I stay in Delhi!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank carelisabeth
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The reputation of this Hotel meant we were expecting something "special" for our Delhi stay. It was far from that: The room was small with the TV taking up most of the limited area for Girls make-up etc. Bathroom also small with w.c. seat getting a shower if both being used together. Worst was the high level of NOISE from foot traffic in the outside corridor.
After long day on road we decided to try the BEST eatery - "Sevilla" after reading the highly acclaimed notices in the hotel brochure. It was in fact no better than a fast-food outlet other than prices were double that of a good West-end restaurant and service came with an artificial smile.
After checking the wine list I noticed a couple of S.A. wineries known to me but that NOT ONE wine had its vintage or in some cases regions either. I asked the helpless waiter to advise me on a particular bottle - he was unable to understand why I was interested in vintages and regions but very indignantly told me -"this is a very nice wine"
which was his best description for a wine at £45. I decided to keep to beer & water!
Soup was supposed to be Minestrone but was actually a watery vegetable with some herbs on top!! The remainder of the meal was no better so we complained at the desk as did other British guests but none of their concern appeared to be genuine. We did not eat in again as the meals in town were good value if not exciting.
The reception desk set the seen at Claridges on arrival when the clerk was continually interrupted by other staff & phone calls whist dealing with our registration thus we were delayed from using our room even longer. Considering the price & reputation of this hotel we were very disappointed & would not return.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

The best thing about the Claridges is its terrific location, right at the center of Lutyens' Delhi and very close to all the Central government ministries. This makes it very convenient to get your business done if you have ministerial work. But the hotel needs to work on its service standards to justify its five-star rates. At Rs 14,000 a night you expect top service, but I found that four out of five calls i made to housekeeping, bell desk, duty manager etc went unanswered. That's pretty appalling. The breakfast buffet was strictly ok, not very exciting. My room window looked out on utility equipment on a roof, not exactly what I'd asked for, though I guess you could get a glimpse of the pool out of the corner of the window. All in all I didn't think it was really worth the room rate.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank goabum
Reviewed 7 March 2010

On arrival at 6.00pm we had to wait 30 mins only to be told that the type of room that we had booked 6 months before was not available.However after complaining to the duty manager he soon found us a nice suite.We had a lovely evening in the outdoor 'Seville' restaurant which had amazing decor, tucked away at the back of the hotel which not many people seemed to find.
Breakfast was rather a scrum in a room that was far too small for the number of guests.I wonder if the hotel has added too many rooms for the facilities.
Overall not bad by any means, but not up to The Imperial where we had stayed on our previous holiday in India.

3  Thank M.R.Carr