“Great food & awesome service”
Review of The Ashok

The Ashok
Ranked #185 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“Great food & awesome service”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I visited this hotel & had dinner in Frontier restaurant, & I must say that food was really very awesome, especially the dal makhani. There are couple of more restaurants available in the hotel like Darbar, Coffee shop, F bar & all of them were having really very nice interiors. I also requested the reception staff to show me some rooms, & I must say that they had newly renovated rooms which are very spacious & comfortable to stay.

Will recommend this hotel to my friends when they will visit Delhi next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gaurav K
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 31 May 2013

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at hotel The Ashok, New Delhi Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Goutam Chatterjee.
Goutamchatterjee@theashokgroup.com
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Ashok Hotel is exactly what you'd expect from aluxury city hotel with
Excellent rooms with all the amenities and class facilities .Hospitable,helpful and polite staff.
It's beautifully located in nice area with Fabulous architecture, nice food and service is great as i heard.
It's value for money hotel and I'll strongly recommend this hotel to every category of traveler like business,friends, family,couple.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank TripUserN
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 25 May 2013

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

Thank you for choosing The Ashok, New Delhi & giving us an opportunity to serve you. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

I am pleased to note that your experience at The Ashok was beyond your expectations & you liked the hotel & its services.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Needless to say that the rooms and facility are excellent. But most of all there is so much staff that cares fro you at any time that you Forget about having to organise your own life - all is thought of and for you in advance. Excellent and very nice staff - discreet but most friendly
It was the best. Cleanliness and customer service was excellent. We splashed out at Amatra Pool and also took a massage, GYM was outstanding and we also dined in at the Oudh restaurant, it is worth it. last bt not the least .....the interiors are very well worked out. Bingo!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank 232sunny
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 18 May 2013

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

Let me take the pleasure to thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

I am pleased to learn that your time with us was impacted by the personalized attention of our team members & you had a comfortable stay throughout. I am also delighted to know that you enjoyed dining at one of our fine dining & award winning restaurants -“Oudh”.

Your kind words of appreciation about the services & facilities are encouraging & inspiring for us in the quest of striving for excellence.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed there for 7 days

It is in good location , nice food , clean all the time , quiet , great rooms , free Wi Fi

You can find drivers near the hotel to arrange any trips

it is slightly considered expensive according to the service

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank DrHeshamReda
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Ashok!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at The Ashok, New Delhi. , Here, we value all our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

Your appreciative comments have been shared with our team and are they are delighted to hear the same.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Gautam Chatterjee,
General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I spent three nights at the Ashok in conjunction with a conference being held there. I was aware that the hotel was old and had a heritage of government management, so was ready for some disappointment.

First the good bits: The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. The lobby and conference centre are modern and impressive. Some of the restaurants are very good - notably The Oudh and Sagar Ratna. The spa is excellent, though it is unrelated to the hotel and you can't put the charges on your hotel bill. The hotel is not expensive.

However, the good bits were offset by a number of faults. In the room, small things like bathrobes are missing. The minibar holds only water, and there are just four clothes hangers in the closet. (Trivial, I know, but these things matter when you're there for several days.) Delivery of clean towels was random, and the shower was cold more often than not. The big surprise, though, was that the lights kept coming on in the middle of the night, startling me awake. I put it down to the fact that they are on dimmer switches, not on/off switches, and Delhi's frequent brief power cuts probably resets them to high. Doesn't make for a restful night.

Apart from the lobby and conference centre, the public areas of the hotel are dated and not totally clean. The lifts should have been retired - or at least recarpeted - twenty years ago.

But the biggest disappointment was the service. I have experienced very, very good service in a number of hotels in Delhi. The Ashok is staffed by people who seem to resent being there. They seldom smile, and their body language says that you aren't a customer but a nuisance. In the coffee shop, used dishes and cutlery were not cleared away promptly, and food debris on the floor was not swept up. The travel consultant, who arranges taxis, could barely be bothered to look up from his phone when I approached. A number of the desk staff were surly and abrupt.

There are always exceptions to the rule, and there were some lovely staff at the Ashok. But overall, it would be helpful if they could be sent to the same training course the staff at the Taj and ITC hotels go to.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Gwen1217
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 19 April 2013

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. I am sorry to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Your kind words regarding rooms, modern lobby, impressive conference halls, spa, our award winning restaurant Oudh & Sagar Ratt are highly inspiring for us.

I have reviewed each of your comments and have taken an appropriate action to resolve each issue you reported.

May I request you to accept our sincere apologies & let this experience not mar the impression of the hotel, as it is our earnest endeavour to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable.

Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

goutamchatterjee@theashok.com

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Jammu
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Had to spend a night in Delhi between flights and against all advice from friends booked my self at the The ASHOK. On Cheek in they could not trace my booking made on net, since I had a print out of my booking confermation I was dispatched to my room till they traced my booking. Good room though of old model by todays standards but clean and everything Works ( to my surprise) About service what takes at least half an hour in other 5 star hotels took 5 minutes at the Ashok. Not once but every time (weather it was housekeeping or other services like water or Ice etc etc.Room amminites are excellent. Staff is polite and very healpful. Most of the room service staff are older people so younger guests may feel odd asking for service from older people, being a Sr. citizen myself I had no such problem. Food is albit expencive for the quality. On the whole a pleasent stay and highly recomended..

Room Tip: Higher floors have good view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayushmanbhat
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Ashok!!!

Thank you for choosing The Ashok, New Delhi and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Your generous praise regarding the hotel & it's various facilities are highly appreciated.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 5 April 2013

With the renovation completed , the work of art shows at The Ashok . The service is great as always , and the rooms are cosy . Definitely my place to stay whenever i visit this city . The city and the hotel have a delicate blend of Past , Present and the Future .

Room Tip: New building rooms are nice , but rooms towards Shiv sagar are quiter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptUnmeshD
Goutam C, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ashok, New Delhi and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Your generous praise about our hotel and especially rooms is very encouraging for us.