“The Grandeur and ambieance”
Review of The Ashok

The Ashok
Ranked #238 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The spectacular service from my arrival to departure. Having inside different restaurants, with international foods India, Greek, Chinese, etc. At one of the dinners, a violinist accompanied with Greek music. From who received us, with whom, then we communicate by email, creating a friendship. A shopping mall where you can find whatever you want. The rooms are very comfort, where I found anywhere else less comfortable than this one. Excellent, excellent excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fransico C
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Greetings from The Ashok!

I truly thank you for taking out your valuable time & sharing your experience with us. It is always our earnest endeavor to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable.

We would also like you to know that the hotel is going to have yet another food outlet & a bar which is going to open shortly in your service.

We would look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Beautiful hotel with good amenities..rooms are quite big..got Ashok business package for 2nights n 3 days..Loved the food..Everything was alright but in terms of service and client satisfaction,it still has a long way to go..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Greetings from The Ashok!

Let me take the pleasure to thank you for staying with us & giving us an opportunity to serve you. Your kind words about the hotel are very inspiring & encouraging for us.

We would also like to share with you that the hotel has got numerous other packages to offer that you may need in future & the information about which can be sought from our Room reservation Department.

Request you to share your contact details with us so that we can get in touch with you & understand your concern regarding our services at length.

We look forward for yet another occasion to serve you!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The location is best in town and the crowd is decent. You do feel like you've reached some class here - minus the crowd or noise. Well, my better half and I visited yesterday eve for a round of coffee and some snacks. Her South India filter coffee, my cappuccino & the 'pakoras' were exceptionally tasty and well made. What added to my pleasure was the fresh yellow lilly flower on our table. However you do expect some basic upkeep such as unwrinkled cushions and clean seat cushions in something like a Ashoka - however little to our dismay we had worn off & wrinkled cushion covers, stained seats on a vacant table we saw. To add to it, the 2 sauce bowls were put in front of us in a larger plate, but not big enough to hold the 2 bowls perpendicular to table - we had to help ourselves by putting the bowls out flat on the table and doing away with the plate, unless we wanted to have a dripping experience (no table cloth in the coffee shop mind it either). With only paper napkins on the table (no cloth) to do any cleaning if required, we had our doubts if we really are in the Ashoka. But yes when we got our coffee & snacks, I was happy. Hey - do invest in these things - service, upholstery etc. It helps! Hope for folks who stay over, it's a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anupamgupta
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Greetings from The Ashok!

I thank you for taking out your valuable time & sharing your experience with us. It indeed is our pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time & spent precious moment with your better half at our coffeeshop. Your generous praise about the hotel & its products is highly appreciated.

We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially regarding places of improvement. We will most definitely learn from the concerns highlighted by you and use this feedback as a tool to upgrade our product & services. Your comments are taken in a constructive manner and will be studied and improved upon.

May we request you to kindly share your contact details with us so that our Coffeeshop Manager can get in touch with you and understand your concerns in detail.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Nothing bad can be said about the roo,s and service, also, the rooms and furniture are a bit tired. Absolutely delicious vegetarian cuisine! When they serve at lunch some cheese in vegetable souce - I could not stop! Never thought that vegetarian food can be that tasty and absolutely not boring. At the end of third day I decided that I have to try some meat. Would not advise it to anybody - both, agnew and chicken were overcooked, so better to stay with vegetables and cheese. There was some mess with my booking - I changed it before an arrival, and it took some time to clear everything up: the staff is really trying to be helpful, but it works from time to time. To summarize, if you plan your first viisit to Delhi - Ashol is a good choice, but I do not think that I will stay there next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank sssss22
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for the time you have taken to write your review. I read with interest your feedback and am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your kind words of appreciation about the rooms, vegetarian food & hotel services are highly inspirational & encouraging for us.

Regarding the food, your valuable feedback has been shared with our Executive chef & Coffee shop Manager. I am pretty confident that you would see a markable change when you visit us next.

Goutamchatterjee@theashokgroup.com

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The good stuff first: the room is spacious, the bed comfortable, and I enjoyed a nice wide view from the divan in the window - a good touch. The staff were friendly.
The less good stuff: The staff might have been friendly, but they weren't that efficient. It took several phone calls to get more hangers for the wardrobe (when will hotels realise that you need more than three hangers for a wardrobe?); the lights in the bathroom didn't work and took a while to be fixed. And - annoyingly - the electrics came on in the middle of the night a couple of times, so I was woken up by light and the whoosh of the air con. I reported this to the staff when I left, but they didn't seem that bothered.
The food in the restaurant was OK - ish.
I was staying as a guest of a conference, and for a hotel which in part depends on conference organisers, they could do better.
It would be tempting to say, 'what do you expect from a government-owned hotel?' So I will!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank MarcusWest
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

Thank you for your feedback and the time you have taken to share your experience with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially regarding places of improvement and there is no doubt that we can do better and that we can learn from your experience.

I have reviewed each of your comments and have shared your concerns with the departmental head for immediate corrective action.
I do look forward for an opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The memories that are still live in my mind of my last visit to the sprawling property of THE ASHOKA-New Delhi is the grandeur & magnificence of the Architecture.

What I liked is that they have kept the charm of the government cadre still alive & impeccable in spirit. You go there to soak in the slow pace & smell the flowers-which in today's world is like a therapy. The courteous staff, the most admired demeanor of the serving personnel won my heart.
The rooms were immaculate , spic n span , rather made me feel absolutely relaxed-truly a royal experience.The spa like experience rejuvenated me & revived my senses-great experience.cheers

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank vibha1981
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Greetings from The Ashok!
Thank you for sparing your valuable time & sharing your wonderful feedback. It is always our endeavor at Hotel Ashok to offer an exquisite experience to our guests.

I am glad to know that your stay throughout was comfortable with us. Your kind words regarding the room, hotel’s interior, spa landscaping & other allied services are highly appreciated.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I visited this hotel & had dinner in Frontier restaurant, & I must say that food was really very awesome, especially the dal makhani. There are couple of more restaurants available in the hotel like Darbar, Coffee shop, F bar & all of them were having really very nice interiors. I also requested the reception staff to show me some rooms, & I must say that they had newly renovated rooms which are very spacious & comfortable to stay.

Will recommend this hotel to my friends when they will visit Delhi next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gaurav K
Ashok I, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from hotel The Ashok!!!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at hotel The Ashok, New Delhi Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Goutamchatterjee@theashokgroup.com