“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #185 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This trip was to Delhi to attend the wedding, the wedding took place in the Asoka itself, it was great staying there, and the staff was very friendly and helpful, food was very good, every day I use to get a call from gust relationships manager to know about my comfortable. Each and every thing was taken care; from the time check in till check out. I am great full to all the staff and management team. The more I like in this hotel was the antiques and interior decoration.

Hope to come back again for the best hospitality service …….

Room Tip: pool view in higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for your generous feedback and appreciation. I am glad that you had a memorable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

goutamchatterjee@theashokgroup.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

It's always a official visit for me, I always liked this hotel...starting from lobby, restaurant, pool,etc...rooms are comfortable only one thing is depressing which is cleanliness of the room, even corridors are not well maintained. Upper floors are better. Wifi connection is always poor in new wing rooms. Food is up to the mark. Some of the staffs are sincere...overall experience is average...

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from The Ashok!
Thank you for the feedback and contribution. I am glad to note that you always like staying with us.
I have reviewed each of your comments and have shared your concerns with the departmental head for immediate corrective action. At The Ashok, we continuously strive to better our services and provide our guests with an outstanding experience.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was on a family trip to Delhi recently. Selecting a good hotel in Capital city was a tiresome job for us. A friend of ours had recommended Ashok Hotel. Frankly speaking, we were quite hesitant in checking-in there as it being a govt. owned property ;). But upon his insistence we finally agreed to give it a chance. No doubt the hotel is huge & magnificent but for a comfortable stay service does matters esp. when you are with family. We had a warm welcome at the reception.
To our amazement, the rooms were very neat and clean and hygienic too, the housekeeping services were very good, well behaved and the staffs are very friendly. The food was lovely. Travel desk staff were helpful in providing us with Delhi route map. Though it was just a 2 day trip, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sks3001

Greetings from The Ashok!
Truly thank you for your feedback and kind words of appreciation. They really mean a lot to us!
I am glad to know that you had a enjoyable stay with us and liked our property and food. Here, we value our guest’s feedback and shall work towards providing even better services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Nagpur, India
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love the overall atmosphere. The only problem is visit of VIP's which results in huge rush. Staffs are wonderful, very helpful. i got delayed in checking out but is was handled without any fuss. Would stay again during next visit. Received a mail from the Hotel -Post stay letter. It gives a good feeling

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 16 June 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Let me thank you for the wonderful feedback and your kind words of appreciation. While I am pleased to know that our services were to your satisfaction, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during the checkout process.

In an endeavor to do even better and to learn from seasoned guests like yourself, feedback forms and letters are sent by our team post checkout, as we always feel that feedback is the best source of learning.

I look forward for an opportunity to serve you!

Goutam Chatterjee.
General Manager.
Fremont, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms and grounds were okay, some of the staff was nice and the breafast was okay, but the rest of my stay here was a disaster. Prior to the trip I attempted to setup and airport pickup but never heard back so I just ended up taking a taxi.Upon arriving at the Ashok at 3am I was told I didn't have a reservation although my colleague who I was travelling with and whose reservation was booked with mine was able to check in fine. Even after showing them my confirmation information it still took more than 35 minutes to get checked in which was unacceptable given the late hour. Despite my reservation confirmation showing I was to receive a king room, I was put in a room with two small beds which didn't work well for my sleep attempts considering I'm 6'5". A local colleague met us at the hotel for a business lunch the next day. He ordered and the food was pretty good. But, when the colleague I was traveling with from the US tried to pay the tab that waiter asked for his pin number even though it was a swipe card rather than a chip and pin card. When he refused to tell them and said he would enter a pin directly they finally relented and let him swipe the card but he was asked to sign a blank authorization form rather than an authorization for the actual amount. After more arguing they finally produced a receipt for the actual amount which he signed. This all seemed very dishonest to me and I'm glad our travel agent was able to book us into a new hotel and will not longer put booking any of our staff her.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marchal M
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. While we are glad to read your appreciation for our rooms and breakfast, we are upset with the disappointment expressed by you about your overall experience with us.

We have noted your feedback and are concerned to know that you did not find our services up to the experience that we endeavor to deliver.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were staying with friends who live in New Delhi and went here for a meal. We wanted a drink before dinner and surprisingly this seemed quite hard to organise, we waited by the bar only to be told we couldn't be served there. We eventually got a table squashed in a corner just outside one of the restaurants, was a bit odd and cost a fortune. Nonetheless we decided to have a meal and it was very good with very good service. However I don't think our friends will bother returning there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 27 May 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for dining with us and giving us an opportunity to serve you!

I am glad to learn that you liked the food and service while dining with us in one of our restaurants but at the same time disappointed to know that we could not exceed your expectations. I would appreciate if you could let us know which outlet you visited, to enable us to improve our services and do even better.

I look forward for an opportunity to welcome you and your friends again!

General Manager.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in delhi.
My whole family was fed up with so many Mosquitos in our room. I am writing this mail at 3 am, coz we can't sleep and they can't help.

Also the staff and service is very poor.
Frankly this is a 2 star hotel, and mentality of staff is of 1 star.

Stayed May 2014
7 Thank Siddkulish
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 8 May 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for the feedback and contribution.

I am disappointed to know about your experience during your stay with us. Even though, the pest control was immediately done by housekeeping staff and subsequently, our Guest Relations Manager also contacted you telephonically, the issue has been taken up very seriously at our end.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.