“Hotel with history” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #148 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
Bemtota
“Hotel with history”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I choose this hotel because of his history, but unfortunaltely it was the past history of his significence. This hotel must be renovated. The staff of the hotel wants to get money whatever the do, it was really not nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 23 July 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for your feedback and contribution.

I am distressed to learn from your feedback about the happening and would infact, wish to speak with you personally. Unfortunately, we could not locate your booking details and hence could not contact you. It would indeed be appreciated if you could drop in a mail to me and share your concerns in detail.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

goutamchatterjee@theashokgroup.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This trip was to Delhi to attend the wedding, the wedding took place in the Asoka itself, it was great staying there, and the staff was very friendly and helpful, food was very good, every day I use to get a call from gust relationships manager to know about my comfortable. Each and every thing was taken care; from the time check in till check out. I am great full to all the staff and management team. The more I like in this hotel was the antiques and interior decoration.

Hope to come back again for the best hospitality service …….

Room Tip: pool view in higher floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for your generous feedback and appreciation. I am glad that you had a memorable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

A 5 star hotel in India can be 5 stars for Indians and about 3 stars for foreigners. Check in was a little rough and the room had a very unpleasant aroma. I had a speech to give the next morning and discovered the smell was because the grey water and toilet both ran through the floor drain which was covered by a grate. Yeah. Cut my stay short because it was the height of marriage season and not a room was to be had. They tried service wise but it was pretty shaky. probably a budget decision error on my part. All of my American Indian friends were at the Sheraton. Oops.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank glmorrisiii

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing your feedback with us.
I am deeply disappointed to see your feedback and learn that we could not meet your expectations. Each concern raised by you has been noted minutely and has been shared with my team to do better.
We take your feedback constructively and will ensure, as always, that we learn and improve where we can, to provide exceptional guest experience.
I look forward to welcome you again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

It's always a official visit for me, I always liked this hotel...starting from lobby, restaurant, pool,etc...rooms are comfortable only one thing is depressing which is cleanliness of the room, even corridors are not well maintained. Upper floors are better. Wifi connection is always poor in new wing rooms. Food is up to the mark. Some of the staffs are sincere...overall experience is average...

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from The Ashok!
Thank you for the feedback and contribution. I am glad to note that you always like staying with us.
I have reviewed each of your comments and have shared your concerns with the departmental head for immediate corrective action. At The Ashok, we continuously strive to better our services and provide our guests with an outstanding experience.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was on a family trip to Delhi recently. Selecting a good hotel in Capital city was a tiresome job for us. A friend of ours had recommended Ashok Hotel. Frankly speaking, we were quite hesitant in checking-in there as it being a govt. owned property ;). But upon his insistence we finally agreed to give it a chance. No doubt the hotel is huge & magnificent but for a comfortable stay service does matters esp. when you are with family. We had a warm welcome at the reception.
To our amazement, the rooms were very neat and clean and hygienic too, the housekeeping services were very good, well behaved and the staffs are very friendly. The food was lovely. Travel desk staff were helpful in providing us with Delhi route map. Though it was just a 2 day trip, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sks3001

Greetings from The Ashok!
Truly thank you for your feedback and kind words of appreciation. They really mean a lot to us!
I am glad to know that you had a enjoyable stay with us and liked our property and food. Here, we value our guest’s feedback and shall work towards providing even better services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Nagpur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love the overall atmosphere. The only problem is visit of VIP's which results in huge rush. Staffs are wonderful, very helpful. i got delayed in checking out but is was handled without any fuss. Would stay again during next visit. Received a mail from the Hotel -Post stay letter. It gives a good feeling

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 16 June 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Let me thank you for the wonderful feedback and your kind words of appreciation. While I am pleased to know that our services were to your satisfaction, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during the checkout process.

In an endeavor to do even better and to learn from seasoned guests like yourself, feedback forms and letters are sent by our team post checkout, as we always feel that feedback is the best source of learning.

I look forward for an opportunity to serve you!

Goutam Chatterjee.
General Manager.
Fremont, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms and grounds were okay, some of the staff was nice and the breafast was okay, but the rest of my stay here was a disaster. Prior to the trip I attempted to setup and airport pickup but never heard back so I just ended up taking a taxi.Upon arriving at the Ashok at 3am I was told I didn't have a reservation although my colleague who I was travelling with and whose reservation was booked with mine was able to check in fine. Even after showing them my confirmation information it still took more than 35 minutes to get checked in which was unacceptable given the late hour. Despite my reservation confirmation showing I was to receive a king room, I was put in a room with two small beds which didn't work well for my sleep attempts considering I'm 6'5". A local colleague met us at the hotel for a business lunch the next day. He ordered and the food was pretty good. But, when the colleague I was traveling with from the US tried to pay the tab that waiter asked for his pin number even though it was a swipe card rather than a chip and pin card. When he refused to tell them and said he would enter a pin directly they finally relented and let him swipe the card but he was asked to sign a blank authorization form rather than an authorization for the actual amount. After more arguing they finally produced a receipt for the actual amount which he signed. This all seemed very dishonest to me and I'm glad our travel agent was able to book us into a new hotel and will not longer put booking any of our staff her.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marchal M
Goutamchatterjee, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Greetings from The Ashok!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. While we are glad to read your appreciation for our rooms and breakfast, we are upset with the disappointment expressed by you about your overall experience with us.

We have noted your feedback and are concerned to know that you did not find our services up to the experience that we endeavor to deliver.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels