2,851 results
All reviews new friends colony atrium bar golden triangle tour lotus temple top floor nice hotel guest relations star hotel first stop chinese restaurant duty manager nice stay south delhi rooftop restaurant business hotel special thanks nikita
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just got back home to South Africa after 2 weeks in India. Stayed at the Suryaa and used it as our base when traveling to outlying cities. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were a welcome relief after long tour days. However, the staff were not very welcoming. It seems as if they need to learn to be more approachable and friendly. Many did not greet us, the majority did not smile. This ranged from porters, waiters, reception staff and even managers. The exception to this was Atul at front desk who seemed genuinely friendly and happy to engage us in conversation whenever we returned. Learn some manners Suryaa!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Yash R, Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have viewed your comments with great concern and are taking immediate corrective actions. We, at The Suryaa, New Delhi aim to bring the best hospitality & service experience to our guests. Your comments will eventually help us to train our staff well and improvising our standards. We have, however praised Atul for offering you excellent services.

Our team at The Suryaa, New Delhi hopes to make your next visit at the hotel a pleasant experience. We hope it will be soon.
You feedback is important for us.

Regards,
Manager Guest Services,
The Suryaa New Delhi

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Friends suggested the Suryaa which I initially resisted since I wanted to be near Connaught Place. The hotel staff is quite welcoming and efficient. They respond almost instantly to every request. Excellent value.

My room is clean and I like the leather desk chair even though it is too high for the desk and now has a few tears on the leather arms.

I chose a room on the back side so that I don't hear the constant horn honking of all of India.

There is a nice gym and a spa and salon. I got a terrifc hair cut for about US $12. My massage was vigorous and fine but not soothing, cost was $36 for about 35 minutes. The spa walls need to be painted.

I think all these hotels should install showers and forget the tubs. The water pressure in the sink was fine but less satisfying in the shower.

It takes 25 minutes or so to get into the CP area depending on the traffic. I have a car and driver so don't have to negotiate every time.

Room Tip: Find the bathroom that suits you and get on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TexasEnchantedRose
Yash R, Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely thank you for your encouraging feedback for our hotel, restaurants and services. I am glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us. The location of the hotel is very convenient and is situated in the centre of South Delhi with most of the happening places, malls and office areas in the vicinity. The hotel is only 25 mins away from the International airport and is very well connected to other parts of the city. Even though the distance is not much, with the growing traffic in the city traveling becomes a little difficult especially during business hours. For the convenience of our guests, it is advisable to always keep some extra time for the traffic which can be a situation anywhere in New Delhi.

It is comments such as yours that motivate and help us to achieve even higher levels of perfection.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Manager Guest Services

The Suryaa New Delhi

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great stay, the service was wonderful. The hotel staff comes around to your room multiple times giving you water and towels. Since you can't drink the water, I loved this service.

The room was very nice and the bathroom was large and modern. Great stay.

The honking on the streets is quite loud at night, but there isn't anything the hotel can do about that.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelLady_USA_GO
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed at the Suryaa multiple times in the last few years and one thing which stands out that they always manage to meet expectations.

The service at Suryaa is pretty good and its priced quite competitively.

The good things about Suryaa are:

1. Good location
2. Great Food in Sampan or even room dining
3. Good conference facilities
4. Well priced
5. Big market around the hotel for shopping and eating out

The not so good things are:

1. Small and outdated rooms
2. Very poor buffet breakfast spread and average service at breakfast

All in all a place i would recommend....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here on first 4 days of our Globus Tour of India. At first I was disappointed because it seemed that it was an isolated area. However, Delhi and New Delhi are so sprawling that we did not realize that nothing is centrally located. We eventally came to think of the Suryaa as our home in Dehli as the staff was welcoming and our room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends