“Great value”
Review of The Suryaa

The Suryaa
Ranked #21 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 17 October 2013

If you are planning to stay in a quiet and charming hotel near to the centre, this is a great hotel for you. Good prices, nice room, clean and toilets with lots of amenities. Staff is friendly; you should try to stay in the upper rooms. The Buffet in the restaurant is complete and always with new varieties of good food, especially if you pick a lit bit of everything, be adventurous and try all the spicy and non spicy food. Overall experience was good.

Room Tip: Try to choose higher floors, best views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonireis
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. We have shared your response with our team and they felt very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you so much for appreciating our staff, food and services. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Thank you for your patronage, your feedback is important to us.

The Suryaa New Delhi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We spent our first night in Delhi here, and the hotel is very nice. The staff is friendly, and the downstairs restaurant is excellent. Two issues: my bed was so hard, I had to ask the staff to bring me a second big comforter that I could fold up and place atop the mattress, so I could sleep. Second, the grounds outside my window were full of garbage. Refuse is a real problem in India, but I thought a nice hotel should make an effort to clean up around the building, so the visitors can look down from the window of their room and not see a mess. Inside the hotel was immaculate.

Room Tip: If you like a softer bed, ask for a comforter to sleep on.
2  Thank laurie r
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for appreciating our staff, food and services. I have shared your encouragement with my colleagues and they also felt very happy. I have carefully noted your concern regarding hard bed and would like to bring it to your notice that we have a variety of beds available to choose from depending upon the preferences, however we will be happy to offer you a soft bed during your next visit at The Suryaa New Delhi. Also your concerns regarding surrounding cleanliness are documented and would like to ensure you that we will initiate necessary steps to improvise the same.

Thank you for your apprehensions and patronage.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Attentive staff, although did linger for their tips. Beds and pillows are very comfy, just like home. Towels in the bathroom were always clean, soft with fresh,clean aroma.
The chinese restaurant was amazing, food cooked to order and very large portions. We ate here twice (on the second time we ordered one starter and one main as that was enough to share between two!)
Out of all the hotels on our tour, the evening buffet in the downstairs restaurant was the most expensive ,it was overpriced although very good selection. We went out of season so that might explain why the shop parade looked a little tired however very friendly staff especially at D H I Exports although on the 2nd visit the other brother did inflate the prices a little!! First night stop the mini bar wasn't stocked, we didn't question it as we didn't realise until our return stop there should have been something in it.

Room Tip: Too tired to notice, both rooms were excellent, no idea on room number.
2  Thank Gaynor A
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Suryaa New Delhi, thank you very much for appreciating our services, I have noted your feedback regarding staff waiting for tips, as a regular practice we brief our staff Not to Solicit tips however I regret that it did not meet your approval, we will ensure to take necessary trainings for the concerned staff members. Also regarding buffet prices we would like to inform that our prices are in line with other 5 star deluxe hotels of the city. Thank you once again for writing your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My stay at the Suryaa is always a pleasant one for me. It is located in New Friends colony near all the the markets,easy acess to all the roads for travelling to any destinations around Delhi.I Choose tis Hotel for my stay because fo the saftey,Staff is excellent and the services are excellent. The rooms are well maitained,Suryaa Have a very friendly athmostphere and they always try to make your stay a happy one. From the time you checked in to the time you checked out. . My stay at Surya a is always pleasant for me.If you need anything or need questions to be answered the staff helps out .

Room Tip: All the floors have good rooms.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Suryaa New Delhi, thank you very much for appreciating us. I have shared your feedback with my team and they all are very happy about your feedback. Thank you for saying such wonderful things about The Suryaa New Delhi. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have been a frequent visitor to this Hotel at NFC, New Delhi. Every time I visit Suryaa , it gives a wonderful feeling looking at the welcome area, supportive staff always wearing a decent smile, willing to assist you for any thing you need. The rooms are decent, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is great and a well spread menu awaits you. The staff is very good and check in and check out processes are hassle free. In simple words you get better than what you spend here. Come and enjoy this property.

Room Tip: All floors have decent selection of well furnished rooms. The club class is excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy to hear your delight about your stay at The Suryaa New Delhi, thank you very much for appreciating out staff , services, food and location. Such comments are our greatest reward and really help us to reach even higher levels of perfection. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms are comfortable enough but the breakfast is pretty ordinary and the Internet is a rip off.

The front desk is slow and disorganised.

The staff are mostly friendly and helpful.
The surrounding streets and the view is east facing rooms is pretty dismal.

There are better alternatives for the price to be honest

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing your feedback. I have carefully noted all your comments regarding breakfast, front office, internet & surrounding view and regret that it did not meet your approval. Such comments really help us to improvise & train our staff well. I hope you keep this experience isolated and it will not mar your decision to choose The Suryaa New Delhi during your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and i find this hotel extremly comfortable which gells well for business and pleasure trips,the location is good, security is excellent and staff is courteous.breakfast offers wide range of cousines both in veg and nonveg category.hotel is very neat and clean rooms are spacious and laundry service is good.room key is a problem sometimes u have to insert it 2/3 times.

Room Tip: rooms on pool side gives wonderful lotus temple view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to know that you had a good experience at The Suryaa New Delhi, thank you for appreciating our location, food, security & staff. Comments such as yours motivate us to reach even higher levels of perfection. However I have carefully noted the inconvenience you faced while using key card. We will ensure to improvise on the same.