“great hotel in Delhi”
Review of The Suryaa

The Suryaa
Ranked #21 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in this 5 star hotel, as part of a group going to the Indian GP and then a trip to Jaipur and Agra (The Golden Triangle).It was situated in the hub of the city, but seemed a million miles away from it when you were there. Although they were doing some renovations, it didn't effect us. It was a beautiful hotel that was really clean and had the friendliest staff I have ever met. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get up. There was a large bathroom with plenty of complimentary toiletries. It also had complimentary tea/coffee making facilities with plenty of goodies like biscuits and Mars Bars. We were spoilt for choice in the Atrium Restaurant and Bar which did a buffet service or al le carte. The staff in there were just lovely particularly Dalbiq Singh (the Manager) with a special mention to Poonam, whose smile was infectious. The hotel was just beginning to have a BBQ service on the rooftop,which overlooked the city, and the food was delicious with plenty of it. The AC was so effective we had to turn it off on occasions. There were lots of GP personnel there, but the hotel ran so smoothly that it didn't impact on our stay. In this chaotic city, the Suryaa, was the perfect haven to escape to as it had a peaceful and calming ambient feel to it. Although excited about going onwards with the tour, it was sad to leave such a great place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat H
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, services and team members especially Dalbir Singh & Poonam, we have appraised their sincere effort and conveyed your compliments to them, I must appreciate and thank you for taking out time to write such an elaborated feedback. Thank you for your patronage.

We are extremely delighted to have you with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

The Suryaa New Delhi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Its like my home. Staff is very nice in all areas of the service. I am staying this hotel for past 1 years every time I have got excellent experience at The Suryaa. I come to New Delhi for my business purpose and treatment of my father and wife, this hotel is located at a very convenient place and proximity of the medical centers & hospitals. All the best and keep it up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank M P

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about us.

At The Suryaa, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I good hotel that I am sure will be better in years to come. The hotel is pretty but parts are under renovation. The room was a good size and beds were comfortable. The food was good and staff in the dining room was excellent. The fire alarm went off a couple of times so sleep was not restful. I would have liked a wash cloth in bathroom. There was lots of hot water for bathing. My one major complaint is no free wifi and to purchase it was quite expensive. I tend to stay in only places were I can keep in touch with family and friends. Phone calls were also expensive. I wish them luck with renovations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stantonsue
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out time and writing this feedback, I am happy to know that you liked our food and staff, I have carefully noted your concerns regarding refurbishing and would like to bring it to your notice that we undergo necessary refurbishments from time to time, thank you very much for showing your concern, also I have noticed your apprehension regarding fire alarm and regret the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern about wifi, I am happy to inform you that we have a choice of room packages inclusive of wifi, I will be happy to receive your reservation next time your travel brings you back to Delhi. You can reach me at pankaj.mathur@thesuryaa.com

Thank you, your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is definitely not in the five star category but is a very decent four star hotel in a VERY good location in Delhi.

Positives: Reasonably close to the airport , has a very nice shopping complex next door with a Dominos , McDonald , a movie theatre , ATMs , a few shops including a well stocked grocery store. Room is smallish but well furnished , linens are clean and has an electric kettle plus a large screen TV. Hotel ambience is good with clean carpeted corridors and a large atrium with a few shops and restaurant.

Negatives: Almost every service is EXPENSIVE compared to the average price in Delhi. Airport pickup (unless included in room price) is a steep 2000 rupees whereas a normal taxi costs only 600. Noisy location next to a mosque which blares out prayers at 4AM. Highly polluted air , should take higher floor rooms to stay healthy.

Conclusion: Recommended only as a nice transit/business stop for a night or two. Choose another hotel in a more residential neighborhood if staying for a longer period.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors , ask for rooms facing away from the mosque.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy that you took out time to write such a thorough experience, thank you for that. We have gone through it properly and noted that you found few of our services expensive, to bring it to your notice that all of our services are in line with other 5 star hotels of the city. We hope that you keep this issue isolated and it will not mar your decision to stay again with us.

Thank you, your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our first trip to India undertaking the Golden Triangle Tour.

After a long flight from the UK we arrived at the hotel and our representative from Sita saw to all the checking in etc. I have to say Sita representatives were with us for all parts of our stay in India and their attention to detail was excellent. I would recomend this agent to anyone travelling be they for tourism or business.

The hotel has a buffet restaurant on the lower floor with great service and an adequate choice of food. On the top floor there is the Sampan restaurant serving asian food and there is a small bar. The views over Delhi at night are great. The food was ok but more of a worry was that the first night we got great food and service at a good price but the second night the service was worse, food was poorer and the charging was far different from the first night. We thought we were being ripped off.

There is a spa on the lower ground floor which is adequate and a swimming pool. Towels are provided.

For the more adventurous - and if you are going to India you want to be adventurous - if you go right out of the main entrance there is an area with restaurants and bars only about 50 yards away. It is bustling at night but the restaurants are ok. We survived. There are also bars and if you go for happy hour which lasts several hours the beers are about 120 rupees each - or a quater of the price in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ianbolton
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking effort and writing such a detailed feedback. Thank you very much for appreciating our services. At The Suryaa New Delhi we take utmost care to deliver services of international standards to our guests however I regret that our restaurant services did not meet your approval, thank you for showing your concern, here, may I request you to provide me few more details about your experience at The Suryaa New Delhi so that we can find out the details, kindly share your feedback at pankaj.mathur@thesuryaa.com. Your comments will eventually help us to enhance our services further. Thank you for your patronage. Should your travel brings you back to Delhi, I will be happy to take your reservation in future.

Your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

If you are planning to stay in a quiet and charming hotel near to the centre, this is a great hotel for you. Good prices, nice room, clean and toilets with lots of amenities. Staff is friendly; you should try to stay in the upper rooms. The Buffet in the restaurant is complete and always with new varieties of good food, especially if you pick a lit bit of everything, be adventurous and try all the spicy and non spicy food. Overall experience was good.

Room Tip: Try to choose higher floors, best views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonireis

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. We have shared your response with our team and they felt very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you so much for appreciating our staff, food and services. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Thank you for your patronage, your feedback is important to us.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We spent our first night in Delhi here, and the hotel is very nice. The staff is friendly, and the downstairs restaurant is excellent. Two issues: my bed was so hard, I had to ask the staff to bring me a second big comforter that I could fold up and place atop the mattress, so I could sleep. Second, the grounds outside my window were full of garbage. Refuse is a real problem in India, but I thought a nice hotel should make an effort to clean up around the building, so the visitors can look down from the window of their room and not see a mess. Inside the hotel was immaculate.

Room Tip: If you like a softer bed, ask for a comforter to sleep on.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank laurie r
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for appreciating our staff, food and services. I have shared your encouragement with my colleagues and they also felt very happy. I have carefully noted your concern regarding hard bed and would like to bring it to your notice that we have a variety of beds available to choose from depending upon the preferences, however we will be happy to offer you a soft bed during your next visit at The Suryaa New Delhi. Also your concerns regarding surrounding cleanliness are documented and would like to ensure you that we will initiate necessary steps to improvise the same.

Thank you for your apprehensions and patronage.

Your feedback is important for us.