“Great service :)”

Ranked #26 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“Great service :)”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My father had a flight to catch and we decided to go to Crowne Plaza and this is where I driver got us. We found out that this placed used to be owned by Crowne Plaza but now it's owned by the Suryaa Group.

We rushed to the 24 hour coffee shop, Le Cafe and we asked the maître d' to get us some food as soon as possible. He asked us to try the buffet but since we just had about 15 minutes to spare we decided to go with a chicken club sandwich and two latte's made in skimmed milk.

The maître d' was extremely helpful as he understood we were in a hurry and instructed the waiter to get our sandwich ASAP. Our sandwich arrived in 10 minutes and my father really loved how the chicken was absolutely fresh and had no smell whatsoever. He also loved the brilliant taste of the sandwich.

We loved our latte's and I never take any sugar in my coffee and I was very happy to taste my coffee without sugar as it was not too light nor was it too strong, it was just right!

I would rate this place 4/5 for its food and its service!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ShivangiReviews
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your kind feedback on this forum and are glad to know that our associates could render service to your expectations. At Suryaa New Delhi, our team goes that extra mile to ensure that each guest is well looked after and your kind feedback is a testimony of their endeavors. Our hotel features a range of dining outlets such as Ssence, Sampan, Atrium Lounge and French Crust. It is great to know that we could please your palate and extend an ever so memorable culinary experience.

We thank you again for sharing the experience you had at our hotel on this public platform and hope the pleasant memories of your recent stay will entice you to continue visiting us.

Pankaj Mathur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Nice, spacious and well decorated hotel in Delhi... good food and courteous staff. Well maintained. Will recommend that it is a nice place to stay in Delhi. Wish the hotel could provide free wifi though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank S S
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to receive your wonderful feedback on this forum. At The Suryaa New Delhi, we strive to reflect the traditional Indian hospitality in our service and also pamper guests with the best of contemporary luxuries. We are glad to know that our decoration and services so memorable made a pleasant difference to your stay experience, which was further augmented by our spacious rooms and upkeep.

We want to bring to your attention that we provide free internet facility in some of our rooms; details of which can be gathered from our associates while you make your booking.

Once again, we thank you for the kind testimony of your recent stay and hope you would soon honor us with a revisit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in Delhi. This hotel is a must stay hotel. It has a different buzz. I stayed here on business, this hotel is close to Connaught place, Okhla, Noida, Nehru place and other business hub in Delhi. My friend recommended this hotel but warned me about the location. I have to say, the location is one of the best part of this hotel. Travelling was so easy for me from this hotel. Newly refurbished restaurant - food is amazing. I loved the roof top oriental restaurant. The view is stunning in the evening.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kammelh
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for appreciating our various offerings in your kind review. Situated in South Delhi, the location of our hotel adds value to the experience of business travelers. It is great to know that along with our location, we could also impress you with our services, especially our dining outlets- Sampan and our rooftop Pan Asian restaurant.

Guest appreciation is our greatest reward and your heartening compliments about our hospitality and amenities are not only treasured by the entire team but have also motivated them to continuously upgrade their standards. Thank you again for checking in with us and sharing the experience of your stay so memorable on this forum. It is our objective to foster a long and lasting relationship with our guests, and we hope you would continue honoring us with your patronage.

Dubai, UAE
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I chose Suryaa Hotel to stay in Delhi based on the excellent reviews i read about it on TripAdvisor. There were other choices too - big chains in a similar price range. But since the compliments paid by the reviewers were so glowing, I chose to stay at The Suryaa.
First of all, if you are going to Delhi as a tourist or as a shopper, this hotel is too far away from the city centre. Secondly, there is no metro connectivity nearby and although there are four metro stations in the vicinity - Govind Puri, Nehru Place, Kalkaji Mandir and Jasola - to reach any of these you will have to take an auto. So not terribly convenient if you wish to use the very efficient and well entrenched metro system.
Secondly, even from the airport, it took me about an hour and Rs490 to reach the hotel by prepaid cab and that too in non-peak hours.So quite far from the airport also.
I was expecting something spectacular when I entered the hotel but they had some renovation work going on and there was scaffolding around the main facade right at the entrance. This gave the hotel an ugly look. I was also slightly disappointed with the room. After staying in much bigger and better rooms in Penang and Kuala Lumpur during my trip, I found this room a bit of a disappointment. There was a window from where I got a view of the blue scaffolding, a few other windows and a glimpse of the road below. Not much scenery to admire here. But in city hotels this is to be expected.
On the first night I could hear voices from the other room and it became a bit difficult to sleep after a tiring journey from KL. But I finally managed to do so by 1.30am. I did complain to the receptionist in the morning and after that the noise level subsided for the subsequent two nights that I resided in the hotel.
The breakfast was standard fare that you would normally find in many four and five-star hotels in India including freshly made dosas and idlis, the usual bread and muffin selection, the fruits, juices, eggs etc.Here they also had dhoklas and choices of savories on different days including batata-vadas, pakoras and samosas. The sambhar was absolutely amazing I must add.
Housekeeping did leave a bit to be desired as when I came back to my room from one of my shopping expeditions, I found the discarded bedsheets on the floor. Immediately I called up housekeeping and they sent someone to get the bedsheets. The staff member was duly apologetic but such small things make a big difference in a five-star hotel.
The hotel though has a beautiful spa with steam, sauna, jacuzzi, plunge pool and hydro bath and the place seemed pretty busy with many people using the facilities in the evening
Many of these points are not so flattering but what sets this hotel apart is its human resources meaning its staff. Everyone, right from the security guards to the doorman to the receptionists to the bell boys to the trainees to the serving staff to the restaurant maitre d were so charming and willing to help in any way possible that I was actually floored with their service with genuine smiles. Like if you asked somebody for directions to the restaurant or the spa, instead of pointing out, they would gracefully escort you o the place. Ask them about finding your way around the city and they would guide you to reach there in the easiest manner. At breakfast, each of the staff members would inquire if you were happy with the food? Like when it was raining outside, one of the staff immediately suggested that I borrow the hotel's umbrella to avoid inconvenience. That was very nice of him too.
Where TV is concerned, I noticed that the hotel offers many channels in different languages like English, French, Hindi and other Indian languages.
I bumped into the hotel's corporate manager in the spa and he asked me if I was satisfied and I told him the same thing that it was his human resources that made a big difference.
So, while I would not recommend Suryaa very highly as a hotel as I feel that t is not exceptional and I have stayed in better hotels worldwide and within India, it scores due to its service and its staff.
Last year, during my visit to Delhi, I stayed at the Royal Plaza at Ashoka Road, which has lower reviews on TripAdvisor but for me it was a better connected hotel with equal amenities and it came at a lower price. Since I go to Delhi annually for shopping and since I like using the metro, I would most certainly prefer a hotel nearer the city centre but if you have work near the New Friends Colony where Suryaa is located, then you can very well choose to stay here as I don't suppose there are too many other five-star options in this area of south east Delhi.

Room Tip: Room 215, which I was allocated was not such a great choice. It as dark with very little natural lig...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank JawaharC
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us. Though we are glad to know that you were impressed with the services so memorable rendered by our associates, we regret that our other offerings were not in sync with your expectations.

As you have mentioned, we are undergoing renovation to provide an even better experience to our guests, and we regret the discomfort caused by the same. However, in regards to the location, we want to reassert that The Suryaa New Delhi is a luxury business hotel that provides easy access to the business hubs of the city rather than the shopping zones. Having said this, we are elated to receive your kind remarks about our team members; they indeed are our greatest asset.

We thank you again for reviewing the different aspects of our hotel in your review and hope you would honor us with a revisit in the future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 01 night and would like to recommend this hotel to every one for great services specially the health club, breakfast and the hospitality extended by staff.
The reception staff and the duty managers were very courteous and ensured all my preferences were met, we were shown a few options based on our preferences and we finally chose room 445. The room was very comfortable and everything was at the touch of our finger, truly a luxurious stay.
Would like to thank Pawan, Zuber, Arnav and Duty Manager Rahul for their personalized service.

Room Tip: They have a set of smoking rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AnmolSanwalka
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your review on this forum and to know about the ever so memorable experience you had during your short stopover with us. Complete guest satisfaction is our primary concern, and we are glad to know that we succeeded in meeting your expectations with our various offerings. Your appreciation of the service rendered by our associates indeed is a testimony of their hard work and has motivated them to continue going that extra mile.

Thank you again for complimenting our accommodation options, detailed attention and facilities on this travelers’ forum. Guest feedback such as yours is instrumental in keeping us right on the track, and we hope you would give us many more opportunities of being at your service in the future, too.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in January 2013 and have a very enjoyable time. The rooms were clean and tidy. The facilities were very good. Staff were polite and friendly and the breakfasts delicious. The location is also good and its just next to Pebble street which has a number of little restaurants, eateries and bars. The location is also good to get to a number of sights although Delhi traffic is horrendous,so prepare yourelf for some time to spent on sitting in traffic.
Alll in all a hotel that i would recommend though the wifi should be complimentary as it is with most other hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick A
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for giving us a chance to welcome you at our hotel in New Delhi and elucidating your experience on this forum.

The Suryaa New Delhi offers the beautiful mélange of traditional Indian hospitality and modern luxuries. It is a pleasure to know that you reveled in our luxurious offerings and had an ever so memorable experience. Your appreciation of our prompt service and delicious culinary offerings has been duly communicated to the entire team, and they are further motivated to continue achieving even higher standards of hospitality.

We thank you again for praising our service, amenities and location on this traveler’s forum. It was an honor to have you with us, and we look forward to a long and fruitful relationship.

Pankaj Mathur,
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My two week stay at the Suryaa Hotel in New Delhi was amazing and full of timeless and cherishing memories! The hotel environment was very friendly and I almost felt home, because the staff was really wonderful and friendly, the service was excellent, the location of the hotel is close to many attraction points in Delhi and I really enjoyed the real taste of Indian food here. It simply is wonderful place to base yourself in New Delhi. I surely would recommend it to all who are interested to visit New Delhi and would certainly stay in Suryaa Hotel Again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JavidHabib
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay experience at The Suryaa New Delhi. We take pride in the hospitality we render and are glad to know that you had an ever so memorable experience with us.

The Suryaa New Delhi follows the cosmic Suryaa by creating a warm and lively ambiance for its guests. While utmost comfort is guaranteed with our luxurious amenities, a taste of contentment is also ensured with our host of dining options. It is great to know that from service to location and food options, we could please you with each facet of our hotel. Your kind appreciation is a source of great pleasure among the entire team, and we are grateful for it.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and feedback. It was a pleasure hosting you at our hotel and the entire team looks forward to being at your service whenever you visit the city.