“Best hotel in the area”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #59 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ajanta hotel is the best hotel in the area. Nice spacious room with clean bathroom. Free Airport pickup is an added advantage.Lovely staff & always help you whenever require. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your very complimentary and encouraging review.
Yes, our guests really welcome the free airport pick up service.
We appreciate your recommending us to your friends.
Warm Regards,
The Hotel Ajanta Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked this hotel for two nights first time online through Expedia. When I asked for the pick up from the airport in the early hours, the reservation desk told me to book the room for three nights because we were arriving very early the next day. It was a bad start right off the bat when we arrived at the airport. I asked the driver if he brought a bigger vehicle to receive a party of three. The driver lied right there. He brought a small car with his driver. We could not even put our luggage in the trunk. We had to put the luggage in the back seat with us. Eventually we got to the hotel by leaving our host at the airport. When we got to the hotel we heard a female with her family screaming at the reservation clerk. We didn't pay much attention to it. Soon as we got ourselves with our luggage inside the hotel, the same clerk took us to the management room. He made photocopies of our passports. He asked us which room we want. I told him that I booked the "FAMILY ROOM" ahead of time through Expedia. He gave us the dirtiest room with spider webs, dirty floor, dirty sheets, broken tiles and unfunctioning toilet. We were shocked to see this especially when I booked hotel for the top of the line room. I paid premimum price. When I complained the duty manager told that they rented out our room to someone else for the night!!!. After much complaining he switched us to different room, which was lot better. The next day he switched us to the room I booked online. My advise to all travelers is stay away but if you have to then please check your room first before you sign anything. DO NOT TRUST THE MANAGEMENT!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Harry G

Dear Guest,

We are checking all details before we can answer your review.

Please bear with us till then.

You could mail us at info@hotelajanta.com

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had to ask 3 times to get clean sheets when we arrived
Had to ask again to get the pillow cases cleaned
Never got the key to the safe, despite several requests
Ended up in Room 8, which has NO WINDOWS. We had it during Diwali, so it was actually great, but other times, would not be nice.
Full showers, had hot water most of the time.
Western toilets
Breakfast included
Had wifi in the rooms, but you have to get a new log-in every 24 hours, had to ask a few times to get more than 1 login, so that we could both use our computers, but we did get this
There was a lovely woman working at the desk, who helped me wrap my new sari, which was above and beyond what she needed to do.
The rooftop deck is one of the highest buildings in the city, and was a superb place to watch the Diwali fireworks. Good beer, also.
We only had breakfast at the hotel, but that was standard, and fine.
The top floor (and rooftop cafe) are NOT accessible by elevator, if that is a concern.
Overall, fine place, if you are willing to be a bit pushy to get what you need.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed the rooftop and the view from there. We regret your stay was less than satisfactory on some other fronts. We are looking into every detail closely and assure you to make all necessary amends.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

It is really difficult to get a good economy hotel in Delhi, specially in this area of Delhi. Ajanta hotel is one such hotel which full fill your requirements like cleanliness, good rooms (at this price). However the staff at Ajanta is really not trained well, they behave real badly. They are often rude with guests and never smile.

I reached there early and requested an early check, first the guy refused very rudely, when i insisted he asked for extra 500 Rupees, i requested that for 2 hour early checkin it is too much than he replied back to me real rudely "It is your wish to wait in lobby or.....". I was really shocked to see such a treatment.

Break fast was not at all good, the choice of food was not much and also was not at all tasty.

If you really do not care about staff and can arrange food from outside than go to this hotel else search elsewhere. I personally will never go back :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Glad you liked our hotel and competitive tariff. And really apologise about your experience. We are talking to all concerned. It is imperative for us that all guests leave our hotel with good memories.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I booked online and confirmed it with the hotel receptionist with a pick up from the airport. So airport pick up and checking in upon arrival at the hotel was fast.

Everything went well and made internal arrangement with the driver (provided by the hotel for airport pick up) for a city tour and Agra/Taj Mahal tour which cost me 5000 rupees. Cheaper than the package the hotel is offering which is 9000 rupees. I had a great tour for a good value of money.

One thing I hate with my stay in the hotel was due to some of the staff which keeps on asking for tips. I do give tips everytime I got satisfied with the service rendered to me. What annoys me is when they asked for tips for a lousy service.

Hotel surrounding was a bit scary with stay dogs just few steps away from the hotel entrance and the street was so busy and noisy.

But overall stay was okay...

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,
Glad you enjoyed your smooth pick up service and your tour, however we take no responsibility for any tour not booked by us.
We also disapprove of frequent tipping, and would have liked you to identify the staff while you were with us.
Please let us know of any complaints while you are with us.
All cities in India are busy and noisy. We ensure your rooms are comfortable and quiet.
Though this is not excusable, sometimes the staff do not speak English so well - and may appear rude.
And when you have a bad start- you feel as you did.
Please accept our apologies

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed in the Ajanta for 4 nights recently, found the actual hotel to be ok, the room and shower were acceptable.
It's the front of house staff with their hard sell tactics as soon as you arrive that you need to be careful of. As soon as we had checked in we were shown into the managers office and given the hard sell. Fortunately we only booked the tuktuk tour around Delhi which was cheap and quite good. The following day we wanted to go to the F1 grand prix, the previous day we were quoted 1500, but because we didn't book it the price went up to 2300 which we had no choice but to pay. The driver we were given was hopeless, he had no idea where the racetrack was and we had to navigate ourselves!!!
Given that we felt cheated over the cost of the taxi we decided to check out the price of going to the Taj Mahal, the manager had quoted us 9000. By walking 50m up the road to the Hotel Godwin the price came down to 6500 including a personal guide!!
As already stated there's nothing much wrong with the hotel, just don't trust the management..

Room Tip: Arakashan Road it very busy, so a room at the rear of the hotel is the best option if you are a ligh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Expedia select award winning Hotel Ajanta for your stay in New Delhi .We are glad that you found our hotel worthy of your praises and the tuk tuk tour of Delhi cheap and enjoyable .

As regards the cost of going to the Grand Prix in a air conditioned car is rs 2300 as the site of the Grand Prix is very far from the city and in a different State and Rs1500 is the cost of the car within City Limits.The cost of trip to Agra by a normal air conditioned car, including ministry of tourism guide is Rs 5500 which is published in our travel book ,Rs9000 was quoted for a Volvo SUV which included entry fees to the Taj Mahal ,Meal in a 5 Star hotel and Ministry of tourism approved guide .

For any further clarification please feel free to write to us at info@hotelajanta.com

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had to go to Delhi on an emergency official visit, I randomly checked in at a hotel in Arakashan road, When I saw Ajanta from outside, It appealed to me as a classic wester Hotel. I walked in Ajanta and it was so full , I had to take up the Deluxe Suite at the top floor ! When I walked in to see my room, It was so spacious, luxurious and cozy! The balcony just adds to the glamour. The right kind of set up for me. All this they told for a very frugal price.

The complimentary breakfast was also great! The staff were well reciprocative but not adept professionally!

The best part is the roof top restaurant ! The day times, I was a weary traveler, I just had to take a few steps, to have my meal ordered to my table.

Overally, a great Experience for me at the heart of Delhi.

Will suggest to Others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you Sir, Happy to know you liked our breakfast, hotel, decor and also the pricing. We hope you give us another change to pamper you.