“Very great staff”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #60 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Everyone, from the director, the manager, the guest relations officers, the room boys, the utility, they are all super nice. They met our needs with efficiency and fast service,and with smile. True to their promise, free wifi, free airport transport, good breakfast, absolutely good tour packages at very reasonable prices. They truly made our holiday a very memorable one. Special thanks to Zahoor for the great help he was to us in arranging a wonderful tour package for our 15- day holiday.

Manuel and Grace
Philippines

Room Tip: The rooms at the back side of the hotel are quieter and warmer. We went there when temperature in De...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Ajanta for four nights, with a break in the middle for a one night trip to Agra. Our experience was great! The staff were uniformly friendly and eager to help. The rooms were clean, minimally decorated but clean and comfortable. Picked up and returned to the airport with no problems. Wonderful value with free wifi, free breakfast and free bottled water in our room. We had dinner each night on the roof top restaurant which we enjoyed very much - our waiter was so warm and friendly. I read that the area is dicey, but since we took taxis everywhere that the hotel arranged for us, we didn't have any problems. They also arranged for a driver for our overnight trip to Agra who spoke good English and pointed lots of interesting sites along the way. We'd definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I usually go for 3 star clean and budget priced hotels and this one was terrific.
I enjoyed the upgrade on arrival without even asking. Great room looking over the street about 2nd or 3rd floor, for 2 of us.(My son and I). Front desk staff helpful and organized a 4 day trip when I arrived. Yes, they do as ask if you want advise/ help so just listen what's on offer and decide. I said yes and apart from being a longer drive time than i expected it was a good budget priced side trip that was worth doing.
I enjoyed the music in the street whenever a wedding party went by (twice) I would go back here it is in a great location

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014

absoulutely fantastic hotel, the hotel rooms are clean, very helpfull staff always ready to help you, fast and unfaltering free wifi but for that need to take password, there is instant and constant hot water available 24 hours for shower and for hot beverages. breakfast staff were attentive, and quick to clean tables. fast food service. delicious ikdis.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited New Delhi on a business trip. Felt Completely at home. The rooms are neat and clean the bathroom almost sparkling. I just could not find any faults here. There was a heater in the room to take care of the cold weather, which of course I did not use it. Do go up to the roof top restaurant, the view is great from here. The hotel is located in a busy area of New Delhi, making things accessible. Ask for a room on the higher floor. The room service is very quick, and people are extremely friendly. The hotel was full with people from across the world.

Overall a great stay. One caution, book your room from the website, to get the best room discounts. This will also include a airport pickup. Make sure you book the right rate.

Have a great stay :)

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I are at the Ajanta now after having booked through a travel site (I won't mention which one). I would recommend booking direct to get the best price. They picked us up from the airport as promised after I had emailed our arrival time and even after we were delayed for two hours. Service is great and we feel totally safe here in Pahar Ganj. The restaurant serves excellent food and I fear that I will not be losing any weight while in Delhi. Raj has helped immensely with travel bookings saving us long queues. He charges a small service charge but this is laid out up front and to my mind is worth the money for services rendered.
Wifi is good but you need to get a password every day.
We asked for late check out and were charged Rp500 to stay till 5pm which I think is pretty reasonable.

Room Tip: Can't give any tips sorry as have only had the one room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelAjantaDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a positive review. We are glad to know that you had a memorable stay in our hotel.

Yes, now we have quickest booking engine ‘revboost.hektorplus ‘ to facilitate seamless booking.

We are also happy to note that our travel consultant could help you with your travel arrangements.

Next time, please do try our newest thematic coffee shop ‘Café Voyage’ serving finest Italian Coffee.

Thanking you for choosing Expedia select 2012 award winning hotel.

Regards,
The Hotel Ajanta Team

Reviewed 5 February 2014

As a Corporate visitor, I had stayed at Ajanta Hotel from 29th Jan - 1st Feb '14 to attend SAATE at Pragati Maidan. I was accommodated at Ajanta (Sweet Home) Room No. 2014. A Unique Hotel with contemporary decor, fully stacked mini-bar, a nice coffee at the Voyage Coffee Shop. The Linen were nice and new, the room was spacious with a cozy rest-room. Everything was just fine for the price, and was value-for-money. The food was exotic with highly prompt room service menu. We had a small get-together at Rooftop Restaurant of Ajanta, and the food was scrumptious. The tangdi kabab was absolutely succulent and tasty, and so was the Mutton Roganjosh. It was a great combo with Dal Makhani and Indian breads like Kulcha, Naan and Roti. The paneer tikka was also very nice. Overall I would rate the Hotel, its F & B, service personnel to be friendly with the assistance of Travel desk counter willing to take you anywhere in Delhi. I was told that this is the oldest hotel in Arakashan Road, New Delhi. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business