“Very Professional”

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #63 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hi,
I travelled to New Dehli in Feb 2014. I had the pleasure of staying at the Ajanta Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They organised two tours for me with a private driver and everything was perfect. The hotel was very clean with very good sized rooms. The food in their restaraunt was excellent and they have a great coffee shop just accross the road.
David

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ajanta

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A nice place to stay:
1. nice, clean rooms,
2. great room/customer service, (24*7)
3. excellent support staff, always helpful.
4. worth the money.

After checkout in afternoon, they provided 1-2 hrs. in evening to freshen-up as my train was in evening, that too complimentary. They actually offered this at the time of checkout when I requested that I need to keep the luggage in their hotel as my train is in evening, that how supportive the hotel staff is.

Room Tip: After arrival at hotel, always check the room, toilet etc before booking/making payment. Good hotels...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My stay at Hotel Ajanta was very comfortable, posh and yet a bargain. I could get around the city with their transportation without any hitch. I can say that any non-resident of Delhi can easily go around the city using auto services provided by the hotel and it provides a very large number of autos and taxis all the time. This hotel is very close to the heart of the city. Their breakfast served in a great variety, and hope to see additional items in south Indian style also in near future to accommodate Southern vegetarian menu. I will love to stay in this hotel whenever I visit Delhi. The Hotel has a wonderful staff in all areas and I will highly recommend to stay at this hotel.

Prabha Maruvada

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is one of the reasons I enjoyed my trip so much! The complimentary breakfast was first class, the customer service was beyond amazing and it was a great location that made traveling very easy during our trip. A must stay for sure!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hi, I am Anna from Mauritius..I have been to Delhi four times so far and I stayed with Ajanta..They provive a good service overall, the rooms are clean generally and they have 24hrs service..I personally liked the friendliness of the staff, the cordial atmosphere and they made me feel special as a guest.. I also made friends with people of different nationalities during my stay at Ajanta..;its a good hotel for foreigners, I recommend Ajanta hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

i spent a good amount of time in this hotel, and they have the most friendliest staff especially. Santosh Kumar was one of the people who worked there , and i had a very pleasant experience I highly recommend to stay at this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marie03805
HotelAjantaDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Expedia Insider‘s Select 2012 award winning Ajanta Hotel for your stay in New Delhi (The only Budget hotel in Delhi to have won this award).

We are happy to note that you found our staff members friendly. It’s a team effort to keep our guest happy.

Hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

The Hotel Ajanta Team

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent a few days in this hotel,and the managers,especially the food and beverage and the Front desk,were excellent.They were courteous and prompt.The rooms are clean and the other staff are also helpful. We overslept and were about to miss our train from New Delhi railway station and the front desk Manager sent 3 people to help us pack and sent us to the station by car(free).
The location is in the middle of Pahargunj's tourist area and we just walked in after a bad experience at a nearby hotel. They have a very good 24 hour bakery with free WiFi and also a desktop in the cafe.
The only negative was their travel office staff who quoted ridiculously inflated prices for everything.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the lower floors ,they are cooler. The hotel seems to have different sizes,so have a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kadambini

Dear Guest,

We are indeed happy to learn that entire team put up a cohesive effort to make your stay comfortable to win positive comments.

We do make a huge attempt to please our guest every which way

Yes, our 24 hour coffee and bakery serves finest Italian lavazza coffee, shakes and all herb sandwiches. We are particularly happy that you appreciated it

Best Regards