“Central Location,Best in the Area”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #62 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Central Location,Best in the Area”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Though the hotel was old,it was clean. The breakfast buffet has great variety for the price but the lunch ordered at the restaurant was bad. The bathroom had a old model bath tub which you wouldn't feel like using at all. The hotel is located just in front of the New Delhi Railway station and has good accessibility.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lotuspearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had booked a four day stay at ajanta hotel and first day only I had a horrible experience. They gave us a smoking room inspite of requesting for non smoking.fridge is not working.there is not tea or coffee maker in room.even if u request for anything they will not give you.at 1 in night prople are screaming at top of their voice.corridors are stinking.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank nbdp

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hi,
I travelled to New Dehli in Feb 2014. I had the pleasure of staying at the Ajanta Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They organised two tours for me with a private driver and everything was perfect. The hotel was very clean with very good sized rooms. The food in their restaraunt was excellent and they have a great coffee shop just accross the road.
David

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A nice place to stay:
1. nice, clean rooms,
2. great room/customer service, (24*7)
3. excellent support staff, always helpful.
4. worth the money.

After checkout in afternoon, they provided 1-2 hrs. in evening to freshen-up as my train was in evening, that too complimentary. They actually offered this at the time of checkout when I requested that I need to keep the luggage in their hotel as my train is in evening, that how supportive the hotel staff is.

Room Tip: After arrival at hotel, always check the room, toilet etc before booking/making payment. Good hotels...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My stay at Hotel Ajanta was very comfortable, posh and yet a bargain. I could get around the city with their transportation without any hitch. I can say that any non-resident of Delhi can easily go around the city using auto services provided by the hotel and it provides a very large number of autos and taxis all the time. This hotel is very close to the heart of the city. Their breakfast served in a great variety, and hope to see additional items in south Indian style also in near future to accommodate Southern vegetarian menu. I will love to stay in this hotel whenever I visit Delhi. The Hotel has a wonderful staff in all areas and I will highly recommend to stay at this hotel.

Prabha Maruvada

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is one of the reasons I enjoyed my trip so much! The complimentary breakfast was first class, the customer service was beyond amazing and it was a great location that made traveling very easy during our trip. A must stay for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hi, I am Anna from Mauritius..I have been to Delhi four times so far and I stayed with Ajanta..They provive a good service overall, the rooms are clean generally and they have 24hrs service..I personally liked the friendliness of the staff, the cordial atmosphere and they made me feel special as a guest.. I also made friends with people of different nationalities during my stay at Ajanta..;its a good hotel for foreigners, I recommend Ajanta hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo