“Prof.K. Srikumar - Hospitality in New Delhi!”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #61 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Pondicherry, India
“Prof.K. Srikumar - Hospitality in New Delhi!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ajanta Hotel at Arakashan Road, Ramnagar, near Paharganj New Delhi Rly Stn offers the Best in Class accommodation, food and service to travellers. I booked my room in advance. Myself and my wife lived at Ajanta for 4 consecutive days including 3 nights and found ourselves extremely relaxed and happy. We were joined by our colleague who stayed in a different room. The Free Breakfast is commendable for its variety. Staff friendliness and courtesy is unparalleled. Room service is very good. Room facility and comfort is excellent for the cost. Bathroom and toilet are maintained very well. Minibar is stacked with cool canned soft drinks and there was always a basket of munchies! The beds are queensize, the AC well cooling and the lighting very pleasant. Safety & Security is above par. The travel desk is extremely helpful. We travelled to Taj Mahal by car through Yamuna Expressway and were provided a delightful driver (and guide) who spoke English and Hindi and knew where to take us for classy diners! The Front Desk is where from all the courtesy and hospitality begins. There is also the free internet bar at the ground floor, and the billing and clearing is quite fast, discounts are also offered. The elevators work round the clock and room help service is to be appreciated. In short, Ajanta Hotel is a Home away from home for us at New Delhi, pleasant , trustworthy, dependable, enjoyable, delectable, and secure. We never knew of the thunderstorm that wrecked Delhi the previous night to our departure - that was the comfort level of stay. Kudos to the Management and wish them the best for their business.

Room Tip: Look through the Hotel website and Gallery. Suites have two ACs and two TVs and a coffee lounge wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was traveled with my family. First time checked in at Ajanta Hotel on 14 June 2014 and check out on 16 June 2014. It was good to me. But when I checked in again on 19 June 2014, I found myself, specially my kids were very happy with Ajanta hotel as they offer me a very nice family room. I checked out on 20 June, 2014 with satisfaction. I could not find any swimming pool and kids activities there. In addition, I have some suggestions which Hotel Management can think, provide slipper, tooth brash, saving kit and few bathrooms accessories for the guest. Also at least a welcome drink when somebody going to check in at a very hot weather.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helal U
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Best Location of ajanta hotel in paharganj. Cleaness and services is good. Reception staff of this hotel is familiar. Restaurent is fine. Cyber cafe also nice. Meal plan is breakfast fine. But we need meal plan with lunch and diner obtion.all staff behaviour is familiar.

• Stayed June 2014
Nambucca Heads, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As I had not been to New Delhi before,I booked this hotel on reviews and the fact that the hotel offered free airport transfers,as I was arriving in the evening.
The hotel ticked all the boxes I look for in hotel,including aircon,free wifi,breakfast included,and a fridge in the room.
Sure enough,I was met at the airport ,and received a warm welcome at the hotel.My room was large,comfortable,and everything worked.
Breakfast was mainly Indian,however eggs can be ordered as you like,and the food was very good.Lunch and dinner are also served.
The Tour Desk,with Mr Singh,was excellent,and he arranged a car and driver for 24 days at a reasonable cost,all inclusive.
I stayed at the Ajunta on three different occasions over a period of 30 days,and would highly recommend this three star hotel !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a really great time here..it Is centrally located and has all sorts of nearby facilities ..very humble people and good service..will surely suggest to go for it...people are very friendly and the best part it's cheap and best

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anupkbegwani
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am thankful to Ajanta Hotel staff Gunjan who not only helped us solve the above issue but made sure that rest of our stay was pleasant and we didnt face any issues.
Such staff are assets to any organization.
I will come back and stay again in this hotel bcoz of miss Gunjan quick action to resolve our issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Though the hotel was old,it was clean. The breakfast buffet has great variety for the price but the lunch ordered at the restaurant was bad. The bathroom had a old model bath tub which you wouldn't feel like using at all. The hotel is located just in front of the New Delhi Railway station and has good accessibility.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family