“He made me walk in the cold despite me having a cold”

Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport
Ranked #43 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“He made me walk in the cold despite me having a cold”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Like everyone else I booked this hotel because my flight arrived late at night and I had a morning flight the next day.

I was surprised that the chauffeur made my walk in the cold from the terminal to a car park and then made me wait at a place not suitable for a lady to be standing by herself. There was no apologises from him or the hotel when I said I had a cold. instead the reason provided that it was the airport policy. So I checked with Leela Palace and the airport and was told that it was not the case.

To make matters worse when we were checking in first a lady came to attend to us and then she called someone else. Whilst he was trying to check us in she kept on interrupting him asking him to move away or answer the call. She or he did not welcome us to the hotel.

I then wrote to the hotel to advise them of this situation. Sadly they did not responded to me which I find very rude.

Room Tip: Avoid taking rooms on the lower floor as you would be facing the highway
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosalia D
JavedAli, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
We would like to extend our sincere apologies at this experience. Our drivers are expected to escort arriving guests a few steps to the covered car park opposite the arrival terminal, where we have the nearest car slots specially paid for and reserved by the hotel on a long term basis, for the conveneince of our guests. We apologise that it is not permissible to have our cars waiting at the kerbside, as that would block the flow of other traffic. We would also like to offer our apologies for at the inconvenience you faced while checking in and will do our best to see that you do not encounter this situation again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
wolverhampton
Reviewed 27 February 2013

this hotel is great for its location, so close to the airport and with free transfers it really does create a stress free stay as traffic can play a big deal in calculating trips to the airport, the restaurant the great kebab factory was strongly reccomeneded and i thought it was ok, overall staff were good and hotel was clean and rooms were spacious, exactly what you want from a airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jam85Wolverhampton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 February 2013

If you're looking for a Western style high quality hotel, you've found it. All the usual levels of service, amenities, food, beds, one would expect at a Radisson Blu. There's some nice design flourishes. Still, if you're looking to immerse in India best go elsewhere. Location is convenient to airport. Free wifi a plus.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CMSF28970
Washington DC
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We moved to this hotel for our last night as we had a very early flight in the morning. It's probably about 10 minutes max to the drop off and you don't have to worry about traffic. The location other than that is right by a highway and not sure how much is in walking distance. We didn't venture out at all as we were there only a short time.

The hotel seems to be new. The furnishings and style was up to date and very nice. They had soundproof windows so even though you could see the highway out the window you could not hear it at all. I didn't hear anyone in the rooms next to us either, but I thought I heard some footsteps above a few times. It was a bit faint, but perhaps try to get on the top floor if that's an issue for you. I believe they only have 4 floors and some floors are smoking so that may be why we were on the 3rd floor. The room was very nice. It had a king bed, large bathroom, and little desk area. Seemed to be geared towards business travelers.

They have several restaurants on site so you have many options for dinner or lunch. Breakfast was included with our room, but unfortunately we missed it as we left too early. Luckily they did put out some muffins and fruit that you could grab on your way out if you were up early. Our room included a free happy hour which we took advantage of. Complimentary drinks and snacks were a nice touch. I also enjoyed the grab and go snack case a couple times that had a bunch of options and was very cheap. In hindsight I wish we would have stayed here our entire stay. It was better located for what we were doing and the price was cheaper.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian1111
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I was in this hotel in may 2012 and I can say that it was a good place to stay. The rooms was clean and comfortable, staff was vreaaly friendly and it wasn't so expensive. But the main advantage is the location: just few minutes from the airport and good connection to the city centre.
I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 14wf
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a less than 24 stop in Delhi. Very nice hotel, convenient to the airport. Nice bar, great service. I didn't stay long enough to get a great feel for the hotel, but what it did experience was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

So many positives mixed with a few negatives. The hotel is well located for a visit of Delhi and Gurgaon and close to airport. The hotel us quite nice, expensive for a family stay. Breakfast was awesome! Staff tries hard. A/c out on arrival and tv problem but both were fixed quickly.

• Stayed February 2013