“Great Place to stay”

Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport
Ranked #40 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel which is recently fully renovated. The rooms are absolutely well equipped with all what you want. Very neat, clean rooms, very good quality linens, toiletries, cosmetics provided. Well stocked mini bar in the room. Lot of varieties of Tea, coffee sachets kept in the room on complimentary basis.
The hotel is very conveniently located from the airport and well placed for visiting delhi city or gurgaon.
The staff is very courteous, helpful. The check in and check out was very smooth.
The buffet break fast was excellent with large spread and serving several cousins.
Would always like to stay here when in Delhi.

1  Thank ap21959
Write a ReviewReviews (2,252)

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Radisson last year in Mumbai, and found the service to be outstanding. This time I spent one night in Delhi at the Radisson Blu Plaza near the airport. I was on a package that included airport transfers and breakfast. I was very pleased with the hotel and particularly the service. The staff are truly attentive to your needs, particularly the waiters. I travel extensively, and this is only my second visit to India.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 150, non-smoking king bed. It was excellent, however, if you are here for a longer...
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I again recently stayed in this hotel on 30th August,13 for one night.It is one of the best hotels in 2013 certified by the Trip Advisor. I confirm this certificate. We had a happy hours followed by dinner in "The Kabab Factory". It is worth experiencing.Front Office Manager Shri Puneet Chaudhry with all the staff members as quite friendly. Moto of the hotel is "100% customer satisfaction" is really worth. My other friend Mr.Ankhaad who was stayin elsewhere in Delhi also stayed in this hotel on my recommendation and he was happy and fully satisfied with the warmness and friendly behavious of the staff. You feel like a house in this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is a very good room above 2nd floor.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I debated for a long time whether to write this review. I have spent upwards of 150 nights a year in hotels for 25 years and have never had anything stolen until i stayed at the Radisson. I arrived very late into the airport and booked a room at the Radisson. By the time I got to the hotel it was 2 AM. The check in process was ok, not too long but certainly not fast for this time of night. I went to my room, took a shower. I have been traveling from San Francisco and was very tired. I placed my wedding ring on the nightstand along with my iphone before i took my shower. The next morning i got up, still tired from the trip and left for the airport. This was at about 6:30 AM. When i cleared security in the T3 terminal, i realized that i didnt have my wedding ring. I immediately called the hotel and asked if they could go retrieve the ring from the room. I gave the exact location of where I left the ring and the front desk person told me she would call security and have them go to my room and retrieve the ring. I get a call back 15 minutes later telling me that no ring was found in the room. Given the short duration and the fact that i know exactly where i had left the ring, and that the ring was not there, the only logical explanation is that whoever was sent up to get the ring took the ring and said that it wasnt were I said i had left it. I then ask for them to send up cleaning to check the room, and they scoured the room and found nothing, but by this time it was too late. Management was unsympathetic to my problem. I had my local office calling for assistance and I was calling for assistance but to no avail. Given it was a hotel and there were only so many places a wedding ring could be, it is obvious what happened to it. Afterwards the hotel never followed up.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank E P
Vishvapreet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate that you have not been able to find your ring. We truly regret your loss. However, we would like to assure you that when we received your call we did do a thorough search of the room and did not find anything. We would like to also inform you that we take the safety and security of all our guests and their belongings very seriously and also have very strict internal controls and systems. Since there was no item found from the room, we have no reason to suspect the staff who attended to your room post your departure. We have full faith in the integrity of our staff with umpteen examples of their honesty. We do advice our guests to take care of their valuables and hence have provided an electronic safety vault in each room for safe keeping.
Warm regards,
Vishvapreet

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi for one night in August 2013 in between connecting flights. We were looking for a hotel close to the airport with clean and convenient amenities were we could sleep comfortably upon arriving back in Delhi from Kerala and before catching a flight back home the next morning.

The hotel is a 10-minute drive from the airport. Our standard room was fine; clean, good AC, big complimentary water bottle and a big bed. There's free wifi in the room, which was great. It was also positive that they had cards saying that they wouldn't change towels and bed linen every day. There are a number of restaurants on site. We had dinner at the Great Kabab Factory, which was lovely.

The problem, however, was that our room faced the lobby and the room was not soundproofed. We had good earplugs but still woke up throughout the night to loud noises (people laughing, kids screaming and crying) from the lobby. Hardly very relaxing!

The other serious problem was the ridiculously time-consuming check-in progress. Although the ladies at check-in were very nice and courteous and made us feel welcome, they should have understood that individuals staying at the hotel for a mere 10 hours simply want a quick and efficient check-in. Instead, it went on forever and we had two people trying to sell us everything from spa treatments to the various restaurants and upgrades. The pestering made us feel like we'd ended up at Chandi Chowk. To top it all off, I was given a card (what I, in my utter tiredness after having travelled for the past 15 hours, thought was the room key card) that turned out to be a Club Carlsson card. I had automatically been signed onto the Club Carlsson programme without even having been asked! I didn't realise what had happened until I got to our room and was by then too tired and annoyed to rectify the situation. Needless to say, I don't consider it particularly professional or nice to be added onto a programme without being asked first.

The last problem was the communication with the hotel prior to our arrival. I had sorted out our pick-up at the airport a couple of months before our actual arrival because we were travelling around India for a month and wanted to get all the practical things done before beginning our trip. When I initially e-mailed the hotel enquiring how to go about arranging the pick-up they sent me a reply about how to make a room reservation! After a couple of further e-mails, I thought we'd sorted and confirmed the pick-up. Then a week before our arrival at the hotel I received an identical e-mail to the one I received months earlier, asking me to send the hotel our flight details so that they could arrange the pick-up. This was pretty frustrating since I thought this had already been sorted and was thus forced to purchase internet at the hotel I was staying in order to reply to them again. It felt like the previous information I had provided them with had simply disappeared into outer space and been completely disregarded by the hotel. To be fair, though, we had this exact same problem with all of the other hotels (6) as well while travelling in India. They all wanted to re-confirm our transfer arrangements 24 hours before. This was annoying as we'd already confirmed our transfers earlier and didn't really see the point in re-confirming a million times. It cost us both time and money.

If I were holidaying in Delhi, I would not recommend this hotel. It seemed geared towards business travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the lobby or be prepared to wake up throughout the night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boarding_gate123
Vishvapreet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Plaza for your stay in Delhi.

We thank you for providing the opportunity to serve you and do appreciate your detailed feedback. We would like to thank you for your kind appreciation of our cuisine and ambience. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay. We take due cognizance of all guest feedback and act on them as part of our continuous improvement plan. Most of our guests find our new sound insulation arrangements quite effective; however, we would be happy to offer you a room with your preferred choice of view and location during your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Plaza during your next visit to the city.

Warm Regards,

Vishvapreet

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Good
- Food is excellent, loved the breakfast buffet and dinner at Kebab factory is awesome and consistent through all 3 visits
- Room service is very prompt
- Rain shower
- Airport pick up and drop excellent

Disappointments
- Even though I had requested and had a printout asking for a room with king size bed I was given a room with 2 separate beds. This reduces mobility inside the room and leaves you with hardly any space to move.
After complaining twice I was offered a change of room the following morning but I don't know how many of you will want to unpack and then re pack the next morning so I decided to stay in the same room.
- Room did not have the usual small glass table to set the food
- Bathroom did not have dental and shaving kit, had to call and get it
- The clubcarlson nights do not get added even though my previous visit was more than a month back
- Try using the moisturizer.... its high time they think of better products and containers

Wish the hotel starts giving better service to regular customers instead of taking them for granted.

3  Thank Dayal123
Vishvapreet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Guest

Namaskar!

We sincerely thank you for your feedback of your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at our award winning restaurant, The Great Kabab Factory, the Coffee Shop, NYC, and the In-room dining. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed the rain shower experience in our newly renovated rooms and the speed of service at the airport. The hotel has been specifically designed keeping in mind the demands of today’s business traveler. Your feedback has strengthened our belief that we are headed in the right direction.

We take cognizance of all guest feedback and have internally investigated the reason for your room requirement not being met when you checked-in into the hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and have updated our records of your preferences for specific room type and the amenities required in the room. Also, we have updated your Carlson reward points for which we have emailed you the updated statement. We value your patronage and our endeavor has always been to provide world class service to all our guests.

Warm regards

Vishvapreet Cheema

Reviewed 15 August 2013

A good hotel near International Airport. Staff is very cooperative. Food is good but expensive wrt taste and variety. The hotel is in Mahipalpur, home to lot of hotels, close to Gurgaon a business center in Delhi (better known as NCR region).
I would not suggest this hotel if you are on a leisure trip.
Wifi is free but downloading is not allowed (slow speed). Only surfing at high speed. This is a big minus in this internet era?
Though charging a hefty amount and proximity to airport, I was disappointed to know that there is no complimentary airport pick and drop facility. It was on chargeable basis around 1400+ taxes which is very high (7-8 higher than the actual cost of hiring a taxi).

1  Thank ankur007