“Name has it all” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Name has it all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

As the title suggests - Need I say More

A Genuine Best in Class Experience, Had an amazing business trip. Mostly utilised their business center and i felt like i am more comfortable than my office.

Looking forward to many more such stays ( Ofcourse business stays, Wish it would have fit in my pockets)

Thanks for making our stay Classy

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Had to wait 30 minutes in the lobby for them to process my pre-booked stay. This was at 1 am, and they didn't have the courtesy to offer me a drink of water, or even suggest that I sit as the processing would take so long.

The room itself was just about ok. Using the tap for 45 seconds left the wash basin flooded with water, which didn't drain away till I left the room the next morning. I ended up brushing and washing my face in the bathtub.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Chandigarh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

It was filthy and dirty and I wish i really had words to describe how horrible the rooms were. Smelt of damp carpet, walls had dampness and the readiness of the staff according to my booking request was much below standard. The food though was the best part and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

I am staying in this hotel one night in wait for my flight tomorrow. I selected the hotel for its close location to the airport and (marketed) quality. Note that regardless of that they claim to be closest to the airport they are still a good 5km away.
I had booked a standard room and was given one that was clearly damp and smelled strongly of mold. So did the corridor. The room was very old and worn out and far from my expectation of their 5 star quality. In fatc the room smelled so bad and was so un-cosy that I called the reception to change room. They were busy (according to the guest service) and I was told they call me back. An hour passed and no one called.
At this time I went down for a massage treatment that I had booked and was told would cost 2200 rupies. When I arrived at the SPA the price was however 3300 which for me was too much as I can get an hour massage cheaper in my home country Finland.
Also the spa looked a bit old and smelled the same damp way as the room and corridor had.
I then went to the reception where 4 people stood and did nothing but no one had called me back. I explained I was unhappy with the room and was told I could upgrade to a "newly re-furbished" room at a price. I refused and pointed at their "100% satisfaction - or money back" policy. Finally i was shown another room which was also same age as the previous one but did not smell so damp and molded. I took that one and am now writing this from there using their complimentary wi-fi service. This service, by the way is so slow that I almost skipped doing this review.
On the balcony behind me (which is not possible to enter) live 60+ pidgeons. I can hear them through the window and curtains and think of Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Birds". Frightening...

I had dinner tonight in the Indian restaurant of the hotel where the service was excellent and food very good. Excellent value for money.
Other restaurants seem to be one Mediteranean and one buffet style "mixed" restaurant.

I would say a reasonable price to pay per night for what I got would be around 80-90USD.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I was here for a night and it was bad enough. For almost 10000 INR I'd expect a much nicer hotel. The lobby was bright and nice but my room, where I spent most of my time, was gross dirty. There was molds on my shower curtain and on the package of my soap. Very gross. There was Wifi but I kept getting errors when I connected.

The next morning someone knocked on my door when I was making an important call so I asked them to come back later - they refused and told me they had to check the mini-bar. So I told them what I bought and was going to close my door - they stopped me and insisted to come to my room to check the mini-bar. Oh, and they were not happy that I drank Diet Pepsi but told them I drank Diet Coke. What's the difference????? What a waste of my time.

Oh, one more thing. The hotel was next to the highway and the traffic woke me up in the morning - not a pleasant experience.

Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed here during December '10 for 6 days. Let me list the negatives and the positives of the place first.
Negatives
The size of the room was good but the carpets had musty smell that caught onto all my clothes.
The toilets fixtures seemed a bit old.
I went for the complimentary breakfast a couple of mins beyond the time, and they could offer me anything.Though it could be my fault being a few mins late, I only requested for anything that they could get, but unfortunately they had to refuse.They could have been a lot more courteous in the approach considering that it was a Sunday and we could expect that from a 5 star hotel.
I happened to get a room that faced the highway and it was noisy. Would advice people to request for the room not facing the highway.
Now for the positives
The offer free WiFi 24 hrs which is quite good.
Their airport transfers were good with proper cars and courteous drivers.
The room service on all occasions were quite prompt.
Very courteous staff in general especially at the front desk.
The breakfast buffet spread was quite good and tasty as well. Most of the dishes were quite good.
Over all the stay barring a few glitches was good. Will not mind staying again here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Bharath203
U.K.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

The flight was delayed no fault of Radisson of course but the smallest ever car arrived to transfer us to the hotel, the door men were polite after this the experience was dreadful. The staff on check in were slow, they proceeded to type numerous details from the passport into their computer, then scanned the passports which they said was mandatory and then proceeded to give us rooms 242 & 262. One tip do not accept rooms with even numbers!! they face the constantly busy and noisy expressway which is the last thing you want at 2.00am. However the rooms do have noise cancelling devices - noisy air conditioning units which drown out the road noise and horns!

During the night a voucher was pushed under the door for breakfast at the hotel facility, only problem with it - awkward and poor chefs, my two eggs which were supposed to be over easy came with hard yokes, the waiter asked if there was anything wrong and reported back to the chef who was incredulous, it was a fawlty towers moment.

However this wasn't the end of the poor service, on check out I advised that I had had a beer from the mini bar, however but that were 3 people on the front desk, two of whom were doing nothing but would not check us out, as soon as we advised the rooms the clerk was on the phone quite obviously getting someone to run around and check the mini bars, I had already advised him that I had the beer but this did not appear on the bill, I was just walking out with my luggage when there was a commotion, the clerk urgently needed to pay for the beer, he had taken no notice of the fact I had already told him, I was made to feel like a criminal.

The overall impression at this hotel was that far from paying for a 5 star service that it was given begrudgingly. As long as I live I will not return to this hotel and furthermore I will check very carefully for reviews of other Radisson hotels before booking