“Really a Radisson?”

Ranked #43 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Really a Radisson?”
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Earlier this week, I arrived on 28th Feb 11 at just before 9pm for an overnight stay before my flight to London.

I had booked using the Makemytrip counter at IGI airport and paid Rs 16k for a premium room.

I had a printout of my booking but the chap at the check-in desk said they did not have a booking. I showed him the priintout and he asked me to wait for 2 minutes. After about 8 minutes I asked him what was going on - he said he had still not got a reservation from MakeMytrip and requested me to wait "2 minutes" again.

After a further 10 minutes when I enquired it was the same response - so I said I would wait in the bar area. After another 20 minutes, I could see he was busy working on other customers' booking so I went over and said it had been 40 minutes and asked to speak to the manager.

I was asked to wait by the lobby manager's desk and that she would be with me shortly.
She did not turn up but given that I was clearly displeased, I was finally given a room, first a standard room which I immediately refused and demanded a refund and then lly a twin premium room which also I refused and finally a premium room with a double bed.

The room was very nice and looked new - it faced the indoor pool/water feature area and I had a pleasant stay.

The breakfast the following morning was very good indeed.

However, at checkout I had yet more problems regarding a simple minibar bill (1 Pepsi and 1 chocolate) - I was then told that I had not yet paid for the room and an invoice for over Rs 15k was given to me.

I had to once again explain the whole saga and demand to see the manager - but the manager was busy with yet another irate customer!

Finally they found I had already paid for the room and breakfast and gave me a new invoice for Rs 429 for the minibar which I settled and went to the airport in the very nice complementary car.

Overall I think the front desk staff are either incompetent or very poorly managed and trained. The hassle factor is too high for this supposedly 5-star hotel. And it is not inexpensive. And I could not get the Wifi working (I work in mobile comms. so know a little bit about Wifi!)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank GlobalNomadLondon71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Korean first
PUNE
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Very Luxurious and spacious. They care very much. Food is excellent.One must really have to stay once in a life time. Beautifull swimming pool with spa facilities. Room service is excellent. Excellent view for the room. less traffic and very near to the airport

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 March 2011

You experience will likely be driven on whether you receive a regular room or renovated room. I was shown the room I reserved (stained carpet, damp odor and very ordinary). With persistence and given the hotel was not fully booked (queried the hotel driver who picked me up to size up the upgrade battle), I was able to get upgrade to a room type that permitted for an upgraded room...keep in mind the 100% satisfaction or you don't pay policy. The difference in the in rooms is extreme...night and day. Had I stayed in the traditional, non-renovated room, I would have give it a 3 star.

Positives:
Great room if you get a renovated
Surprisingly great food (did the breakfast and dinner buffets)
new spa
reasonably good work out room
great shower (in the renovated rooms)
staff very pleasant
Location - very close to airport

Negatives:
non renovated room
very slow wireless internet (no broadband option unless you want to use the business center)
Location - 1/2 hour from intown sites

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This is my favorite hotel for short transit periods to and from the Delhi International Airport.
After a day's travel from the inner India to Delhi, you might look forward to a refreshment prior to taking your last air plane back home. Or when arriving at Delhi International Airport late at night you want to be spending a short night in this hotel.
Their airport shuttles are free and their drivers are uniformed and eager to help you.
Great place, excellent food, international beer offerings.
Ask for special transit room rates!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Manchester
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Stayed for 1 night before a light back to the UK. The rooms are damp and I had to sleep on a towel. Also the room had not been cleaned properly as I found the glasses in the bathroom dirty. The food is poor for the price and the drinks are a rip off in the bar. We paid £76 for 5 G&T’s. I will not be staying at this hotel again

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
kapurthala
Reviewed 25 February 2011

a)I felt that the inside the hotel there was a lack of 'a ha' feeling of freshness.b) The club lounge needs to be equipped by at leat one more internet terminal & one more TV.c) The Housekeeping needs to stock Neutral Shoe Polish. d) The sound system in the Bathrooms must be activated.e)The quality of the amenities in the bathroom which have been changed recently are not as good as the earlier range. f)The air conditioning system needs to be less noisy and more consistant.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 February 2011

As the title suggests - Need I say More

A Genuine Best in Class Experience, Had an amazing business trip. Mostly utilised their business center and i felt like i am more comfortable than my office.

Looking forward to many more such stays ( Ofcourse business stays, Wish it would have fit in my pockets)

Thanks for making our stay Classy

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business