“Totally misleading website description of mediocre hotel”
Review of Jukaso Inn

Jukaso Inn
Ranked #629 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Rome, Italy
“Totally misleading website description of mediocre hotel”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We arrived in Delhi in the middle of the night for a wedding and expected to be given a nice room in a pleasant hotel based on a friend's recommendation and the website. We were shocked to be given an 'upgrade' at 3:00 AM which required our walking up back stairs, through the laundry and workers' rooms, into a hotel room that had dirt floors and a bathroom mirror held up with masking tape. We wondered where we would find the amenities advertised on the website (www.hotelsofnewdelhi.com), including a modern business centre, swimming pool, a health club, massage service, conference facilities and specialty restaurants. Needless to say, they were not available.

We were given a better room the next morning but were told that those facilities were in their Gurgaon locaton, not Sunder Nagar... contrary to the website. To make matters worse, our keys continued to stop working, the AC went off frequently, and the breakfast offering was mediocre.

To their credit, the staff tried their best. Also, when we moved out, we were refunded 65% of the prepaid nights (yes, we had to prepay everything through Maxx Fun Holidays!). (The cost was high at $160/night for the facilities offered. We found a much nicer hotel nearby for much less cost.)

The lesson: do NOT believe everything you read on the web!

Room Tip: Ask for any room with a window that is not next to construction. The lobby was being renovated duri...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GBloom91
JukasoInnDelhi, General Manager at Jukaso Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Jukaso Inn, New Delhi we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We have improved our website with actual amenities and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I am a "retired" travel agent/tour guide, from the States. I lived in Sunder Nagar for a period of four years, during the 1960's. I was thrilled to find the Jukaso Inn just a half a block from my previous residence.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we did request a room upgrade and were very pleased with the result.
The property may be a bit "dated"...but the helpful staff and location make for a pleasant mid range hotel experience.
I plan to stay at Jukaso Inn on my next trip to New Delhi in October.

Room Tip: I believe we stayed in room 209 which was very nice. Please ask for a "look see" at the ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Pune
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The room was neat n clean .The HK services were available on a request .but were quick.
The staff is very helpful & courteous . the environment was very peaceful n comfortablethe location also is very prominent hence easy access to auto,cab& metro. The lounge is good for short business meetings. In a nutshell ,they understand the needs of a customer & ensure the comfort .Value for money certainly.
The only thing that bothers is noise of other customers if they tend to be noisy ,specially at night .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed in Jukaso Inn for two nights. I have stayed in room no 213. There is no proper ventilation in the room. the room size is very small, staffy, bad smell allover, peeling walls, mosquito, after several request the staff has not changed the room. I have to walk a long to reach my room no 213. that also I have to cross lots of ups & downs. Breakfast was also disappointing. Nothing was great in menu. Everyday when I use to have my breakfast there was a little fruit in the tray. After two times request I have stopped complaining. Only good thing is it's location, it is very nearby pragati maidan, so if someone wants to attend any exhibition it is good for them.

Room Tip: Room was worst, don't take 213 or 215. you have to walk a long without any lift.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pdawn
India
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The Jukaso Inn is a small hotel in upscale Sunder Nagar.

Being very close to the Pragati Maidan, it is well located for anyone having to attend an exhibition there.

Booking was easily accomplished on the phone followed by an email confirmation without having to divulge credit card details. The rates are fairly high but this is the standard in similar hotels.

Check in was quick and we were shown to our room by a courteous porter. However, the room was not the one we had booked and in fact, the windows overlooked a corridor making it impossible to keep the curtains open. We changed immediately to a better room with normal windows looking outside. This room was spacious and well appointed with a most welcome heater and a nice looking wooden floor. The flooring was not as nice as it initially appeared to be. It was filthy as though it had never been swept. It was not swept the next day either.

The bathroom was clean though the plumbing was tired. There was no hot water in the hot water tap in the wash basin.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. It was not huge on variety like in some other hotels but whatever was on offer was wholesome, tasty and hot. Service was good.

We did not eat any other meals here as we stuck to the neighbourhood Kamal's Dhaba which served outstandingly good food.

Laundry was efficient and delivered on time.

As I said earlier, the Jukaso Inn is good for those who want to be near Pragati Maidan. The surroundings are upmarket residential and very decent with two big parks, the Delhi zoo and the Purana Qila within walking distance.

If only they would clean their floors, it would make a world of a difference.

Room Tip: Check the rooms, some of them have windows facing inward and facing corridors.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I got booked into the Sunder Nagar Jukaso, which seemed quite pleasant from the outside.

However, unknown to me, I got bumped to another property owned by the same management, Jukaso Inn in Connaught Place. It was located in a back lane, and had peeling walls and mosquitoes. All this was visible at the check in area itself. I did not stay there and instead moved to a friend's place.

For anyone who books at Jukaso, make sure you're not in the CP property, which is thoroughly avoidable.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank om_78
Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We are always thrilled to hear that guests about their stay with us and always try our level best to improve according to your suggestions. We have our improved our all services recently. We know how important time on vacation can be, and always want to provide well experiences. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Jukaso Inn, New Delhi again soon!

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Delhi has lots of good hotels but I love staying right in Connaught Circle where I don't have to get a cab every time I want a cup of coffee or a shopping spree. Walking around there you'll find everything you want and the Jukaso Inn was very central, clean and pleasant. But the best part was the great service. Whether it was having me met on arrival, walking me to my taxi after dark or simply greeting me with smiles and a warm welcome after I'd been away for a while, the staff at Jukaso was more than pleasant and helpful and made everything, from breakfast to train tickets easy to manage. I'd recommend them and the hotel most highly!

Room Tip: There is construction in the area but my rooms (I stayed four different times) were consistently qui...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank C K
Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We are always thrilled to hear that guests about their stay with us and always try our level best to improve according to your suggestions. We know how important time on vacation can be, and always want to provide well experiences. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Jukaso Inn, New Delhi again soon!