YMCA Tourist Hostel
The Suryaa(New Delhi)
US$118
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$21
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
US$263
US$236
Agoda.com
All reviewsjantar mantarwalking distance to connaught placesafe place to staytravel deskbasic amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Price is good for the central location and sincere service but the facilities need to be upgraded. The Business center is quite run down and the fixtures in the room are quite rickety. The mattress needs to be aired or better yet replaced as they are musty. The blankets and bedsheets need to be replaced with newer ones.

All that said it is a good place to stay a night and experience the majestic parts of Delhi by walking (about 3 km) or take a short Auto ride to Janpath/India Gate. Jantar mantar is right behind YMCA so you will cross it many times. The Bangla Sahib Gurudwara has some good *meals* (especially halwa) or if you are interested in the traditional south indian cuisine there is the 'Saravana Bhavan' (short walk from the Y at CP).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RudyP25
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The A/c accomodation was good as it was very hot in Delhi. Very cheap for a centrally located place. Safe too.Not for people looking at posh places but certainly great for an upper middle class family like ours.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Hi,
I was in YMCA end of January 2012 and I was really happy and excited at the beginning as I saw it is well located in the heart of Cannaught place. but How I wish I had stayed somewhere far...
It was in my first night where all was fine, next day happily started my day when I took the lift from 3d floor, and as soon as the door closed the light went off and got stuck between the 3d and 2nd floor. All I could see is darkness, no where to ask for help. my breath was getting over. I saw myself dead already..starting feeling suffocated...could not shout...had the room keys on my hand that I used to make a sound with inside the lift so that someone can hear and come to help..5 minutes locked inside the dark lift that if I stayed 5 min more I would have died easily! I had to wait till the light came back!! Is that logical??? you get stuck inside the lift and wait till the light come again!! what if it doesn't come? The light came back and when I reached the 1st floor I found that big gang of people waiting for me to come down. no one could go up to see whats going on or at least say some words that can calm me while inside the lift. Once I stepped out the lift I could not stop crying though I am a strong person!

I went to reception with teary eyes and the guys there had no idea what was happening. they were so happy and told me it happen frequently.

Forget about the food which is yes: Not bad and cheap.
Forget about the location which is very good

One better pay more and stay somewhere safe where the stuff value human emotions!!!

Room Tip: Before you choose a room remember that you might be stuck inside the lift getting no help from anyone. one should see the service before anything else. i suggest you stay somewhere else where they have emergency calls in the lifts
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank karindia E
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Everyone thinks, it's YMCA but this YMCA in New Delhi, India is like more than a 3 Star Hotel, Porter to take your luggage to your room, Telephone and LCD TV's in rooms, Room Service, Doorman at main Entrance Door. Swimming Pool. Massage Parlour, internet facility room (with extra charge)

Location is just near Jantar Mantar, 500 meters to Cannought Place (City Centre).

Room rate includes Buffet Breakfast and Buffet Dinner,

Room rate is much cheaper than any centrally located Hotel's, I travel a lot in India and have been to Delhi many times and always prefers to stay at YMCA as it's very safe too

What else one needs?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ajit_from_Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Booked online, wasn't asked for payment but was assured of my reservation, arrived at 1:30am and everything was in order. Found the building to be old, dark, and "grungey". Breakfast buffet was good, but with a limited selection of items. Supper buffet was rather tasteless, probably designed for European/American appetites. Internet service was in a small room, fairly fast, cost Rs40/hour, Stayed for 4 nights and always appreciated coming back to it at the end of a long day of touring the city in tuk-tuks,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo