“Gross”

Ranked #664 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Oxford, Mississippi
“Gross”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Place stunk of urine, bed consisted of a rock hard mattress and ripped bedding. Toilet was vile. Stained, leaking with flies around it. Again, event he rooms and staircase stunk of urine. In the end, I had to book elsewhere for the night; I couldn't handle it. I was there for no more than half an hour! I chose this because it was ridiculously cheap... I can see why! I also chose because I was promised an airport shuttle, but upon arrival was told it was not true. After my checking in and out in half an hour, no refund was offered, which I thought to be poor customer service.

The only good thing I can say is the staff seemed friendly enough, promising me a 'red carpet welcome', though they failed miserably.

Room Tip: Only choose if desperate. For a little more money, you can stay in a much nicer place!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank GingerPotato

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 11 hrs. Being a student I opted for one of the cheaper hotels as I had to catch a bus that very day in the noon. I reached the hotel at 1 am and confirmed my booking. My booking was for a deluxe AC room all paid for via makemytrip. While checking out the next day, the owner of the hotel comes at the desk and says that I have paid less for the room (we had talked over the phone and he had said that if i come to the hotel and book, the rate will be different from that of makemytrip. I found the makemytrip tariff much lesser than the one he offered, hence i booked it online). When I told him I got a better price from the internet, he started abusing and and called upon 5 people who clearly had no good intention. When i called makemytrip to resolve this issue, many phone calls were made to the owner of the hotel. He bluntly said that "it is his hotel and he can do what so ever he wants in it". Subsequently I was pushed and surrounded by the people he had called. I was forced to pay the amount he wanted.
The staff have no manner or courtesy an I recommend against staying in this hotel. I did see many negative reviews online about this hotel but heeded anyway thinking that a stay for one night could be made cheap by compromising on the comfort. However i ended up paying as much as a decent hotel would cost for a pathetic stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank 432sandman

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Booked for one Night only, since my plane arrived at midnight. Staff was very creepy and as a female solo traveller i felt extremly unsafe. Two of them walked me to my room, lingered around in front of my door and told me they had only one other guest.
The room was just disgusting, dirty sheets and cockroaches, extremly loud fan and the most uncomfortable bed i have ever slept in. Checked out after 4 hour sleep. Horrible and disgusting. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank sway_thunders
Kannur, India
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel from 17th April for 5 nights booking a/c double room. Unfortunately it was my biggest mistake and my stay was completely screwed up by hotel people. First of all room was so bad and bed provided was so thin as I felt like I was staying in roadside third class lodges.. a/c is terribly bad and staff were cheating on food bills. The Bihari Staff was very rude to us as we were south Indian and they were looking for each opportunity to cheat us. After my final patience we decided to check-out early but they denied by threatening us to pay full amount as they informed us that otherwise we will not pass their gate. Extremely goon bollywood style. We contacted booking.com but they also cannot help us as they informed us that hotel is not replying to their email. Finally we stayed like we forced to stay and the stay was completely painful. I will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone in my lifetime even for backpackers who want to stay hostel kind hotel.
The location is very interior and even taxi people doesn’t know. Infront of room there is a cow shed and their dung smell was terrible.
Food was terrible and over charging. Hence we decided to order through justeat.in and we selected blossoms restaurant. They will give you room delivery and their food was superb and much cheaper.
The hotel staff will threaten you to take their taxi with huge fare but I denied. I used taxiforsure.com and their rate is much-much cheaper.
Hotel denied for late check-out even I was ready to pay late check-out charges. Hotel was completely vacant and hardly people stayed in this hotel.
The Bihari staffs were very rude and please beware to stay in this hotel with family. The best comedy is after my checks-out booking.com people were sending me mail mentioning that my stay was a no-show so I informed the cheating policy of hotel and later booking.com apologized.

I have stayed many budget and star category hotels in my life but this stay was the worst in my lifetime. They are spoiling the brand of Indian tourism totally.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ocBIJoc
Srinagar, India
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during my visit to Japan for two nights. Hotel is located very near to international airport Delhi. The hotel staff is very polite, cordial & helpful. Room service is good. I enjoyed very much in this hotel. Airport pick up is arranged by hotel on very reasonable charges. Recommended especially for all those who have early flights.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank p7mir
Tiriolo, Italy
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I spent 2,000 rupees to have a bed since 5AM to 10AM after being cheated about transfer from airport (nobody came) and waited for a couple of hours on a dirty couch to obtain this room available even if I obviously booked it for the whole night. No credit cards accepted. No running water for some hours.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Giuseppe_Mazza
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one evening. The place was dirty: roaches and broken glass under the bed.

Most of the staff can not speak English.

We were taken on a city tour which the hotel arranged. We saw none of the promised activities (closed, or not time according to the driver), but we were forced to go shopping at specific show and dine a specific restaurants. The driver couldn't speak English which did not help.

The place is cheap and close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013