The Manor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Mint Casa(New Delhi)
Sagar Residency(New Delhi)
Mantra Amaltas(New Delhi)
Dolphinn Grand(New Delhi)
View Hotel
Amar Inn Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsindian accentfriends colonylovely boutiquetrain linejunior suitea small boutique hotelan oasis of calmresidential areastandard roomlight sleeperfirst stopsouth delhitravel agentrooms are spaciousdrivermadnessenclave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Here i am.
Another visit,another fairy tale.
Same heart warming smiles, same clean souls.
What a staff!!!!
They really mean it when they say ''Certainly Sir''
This place is my home in India.
Can't live without that....
Very special thanks to Mr. Tushar(life guard,i think he doesn't know how to say ''No we can't'')
Adnaan,Nisand and lovely Kiran( how can i forget your delicious breakfasts in the morning).....
Mr. Samrat (don't you get tired sometimes??)

Planning to stay in Delhi and still wasting time in front of computer???
Seat back and relax The Manor is there for you.....

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank traveller300000
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I've had a nice stay here. The hotel is modern and attractive and the room comfortable. The staff members are very friendly, but it is not run to the standard of some of India's better hotels (of which there are many.)

The restaurant is top notch. I suspect they try to put the hotel guests on the veranda or lesser tables as it is a very "in" place. The day I checked in they told me it was fully booked. I was willing to eat at the bar or on the veranda and eventually they "found" me an outside table. I ate early, a bit before 7PM, and was dining alone so finished by 8. I was, when I finished, one of 3 or 4 occupied tables. They say they have to keep tables open as Delhi traffic is so bad they have no idea when people will show up. That said, I think they could have made the welcome a lot warmer. The food was worth it, though. Absolutely delicious.

The neighborhood is on the southern side of Delhi and not in a central location. Assuming you have a car and driver, this is no problem. The neighborhood, Friends' Colony, is very posh and gated and the hotel is just down the street from southern Delhi's nicest club. One certainly feels completely safe there.

There is a train track that is very close to the hotel and, while I never heard the whistle of a train, the rumbling created makes you feel like you are living through a series of small earthquakes. It did not cripple my stay, but if one is a particularly light sleeper it might.

All in all, this is a good, stylish place to stay. I stayed at the much more elegant (and expensive) Imperial last week and it is in a completely different category.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TSF3333
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review about your recent stay at The Manor.

We are glad to note your appreciation about the room and the staff, your feedback has been shared with the entire team and they are grateful for the appreciation.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused while making the table reservation at our restaurant - Indian Accent. We would like to explain that the restaurant was overbooked and the only available space was at the verandah. We agree that this could have been handled in a better way to avoid the inconvenience. We completely understand your disappointment and would like to assure you that your feedback has been taken up with the Restaurant Manager.

We hope that this particular experience will not deter you from patronizing The Manor and assure you of a much better experience on your next visit.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We recently stayed at The Manor Hotel for one night. Overall impression was very good but a few minor things they could improve on.

We had a problem with our ID checking in, as my husband didn't have his passport (we are foreign residents in India, and he only had his Indian residency card, which you can use for ID when flying internally in India so no need for passport). Because he did not have his passport, or proof of local address, we were initially told that we were not allowed to stay - arriving at 8pm and 6 months pregnant, this was not particularly well received! We have never had this problem before in any other hotel in India, but we know there are Indian regulations, so although the hotel was not technically in the wrong, this was an unfortunate situation that was badly handled.

We had a standard room (The Manor room) which was fine, although quite small for the price, I thought. Bathroom had the usual basic amenities, again on the small side and I thought the shower in our room was disappointing and could do with a service (room 10). Aside, from that, our room was quiet we were not disturbed by anything and there was a TV etc so overall was really fine.

Clearly the star of this hotel is the Indian Accent restaurant. It is exceptional. We ate excellent food and I thought the staff were knowledgeable and helpful when explaining dishes on the menu. I would come back here again to eat for sure. Conversely, I thought breakfast was a little disappointing in comparison - we were told that the fruit salad should include papaya, banana, apple, pear etc - it was simply apple and pear! And I would question whether the pastries were freshly baked on site as they promised to be on the menu! It wasn't all bad though, the scrambled eggs on toast was delicious!

Although, there isn't much else to this hotel other than the restaurant, which some might expect from the price you pay, I thought the service was very good, very helpful and polite staff. My only other comment is paying Rs 600 per 24 hours of wifi. I REALLY object to paying for wifi in hotels when I know that it does not cost them that much to provide as they surely need it themselves as well. I really felt that was very expensive, especially given the price you are paying for the rooms!

Its not terribly centrally located in Delhi though, its in a quiet residential enclave in the South of the City...This didn't matter to us but might for some.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Guest,

At the very outset, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience during your check in. As a hospitality company, we have always done our utmost to meet quality standards that have exceeded our guests’ expectations and we sincerely regret this atypical experience.

With regards to your concern on check in formalities, we would like to explain that it is mandatory for a foreign national to provide passport and valid VISA as required by authorities, hence your PAN card could not be accepted as an identity proof. However, we admit that the situation could have been handled in a much better way. Our front office team has been briefed to give clear information to the guests about the acceptable identity proof while confirming the reservation. Also, they have been briefed to be more proactive in handling such situations to avoid any discomfort to the guests.

With reference to your feedback on wi-fi, it was a decision taken by our management to provide wi-fi services on a chargeable basis after considering various factors. However, your feedback has been passed on to our management team for further perusal.

In addition, your feedback regarding the bathroom shower and quality of breakfast has been discussed with our Executive Housekeeper and the Chef respectively, who send their apologies for the inconvenience.

Our team has taken necessary corrective actions based on your feedback and we assure you of a better experience on your next stay.

We do hope that this particular experience will not deter you from patronizing The Manor in the future and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

The Manor is a purpose built small luxury hotel in a gated community near the centre of Delhi. There is a wonderful sense of space and light in the hotel with full length windows, shallow staircases and good use of right angles. It is well furnished and well decorated. Staff are helpful nbut not obtrusive.

The real highlight is the Indian Accent restaurant which takes world ingredients and Indian spices to create something new and wonderful. We had amazing pork ribs and kofte; the vegetables were great too. For me, a real revelation was the creamy black lentils in a tangy tomato influenced sauce - taking a staple dish and turning it into something special. Oh, and also the pink peppercorn pilau rice where each peppercorn explodes in a burst of flavour when crunched. Really fabulous.

The rooms were pleasant, comfortable beds and well stocked bathroom. There were plenty of terraces which would be great in warmer weather. Our room (Room 12) was very quiet and peaceful.

The two slight reservations I had: the Friends Colony West was on a gridlocked road that had us waiting in traffic for over two hours to get in. Perhaps there is a back way that might have been better but our driver didn't know it. The other reservation is the wifi - painfully slow and quite awkward to access. I know hotels like to charge for wifi (though these days wifi is hardly a luxurious extra) but if it must be paid, there are simpler ways to do it without long, convoluted log in names and signing up to irritating plans that don't seem to match what is advertised at reception and only work on one device.

Overall, though, this was a really lovely, luxurious boutique hotel and we'd love to come back one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quelian
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Namaste!

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at The Manor and enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurant ‘Indian Accent’.

Positive feedback from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and they are grateful for the appreciation.

We regret the inconvenience caused due to wi-fi connectivity. Your feedback has been discussed with our service provider on a serious note, who has taken a necessary corrective action.

With regards to your feedback on wi-fi charges, we would like to mention that it was a decision taken by our management to make wi-fi available on chargeable basis after considering various factors. However, your feedback has been shared with the management for their perusal.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again at The Manor.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed in The Manor for our first night in Delhi and loved it. Although we arrived quite early, we were allowed to check in and take a shower after a night flight: that felt great. The Manor is a wonderful place of peace and quiet in the hectic pace one experiences in the rest of Delhi.
My wife and I had dinner in Indian Accent and loved the Chef's Menu. It was a great start of our vacation.
One little disappointment: our children took room service for dinner and the portions were very small. It has to be said the prices for room service were also on the low side.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WDP_12
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Namaste!

Your feedback on portion size of the food served has been shared with our Chef, who sends his apologies and assures you that he would be looking into it.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Delhi.