The Manor
US$145
US$143
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Prince Palace Deluxe(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$21
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
US$263
US$236
Agoda.com
All reviewsindian accentfriends colonylovely boutiquetrain linejunior suitea small boutique hotelan oasis of calmresidential areastandard roomlight sleeperfirst stopsouth delhitravel agentrooms are spaciousdrivermadnessenclave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at this property twice. The first time we had a lovely albeit small room on the first floor. It had a window with a view into the garden. To our horror the room we were given upon our return had no natural light. The "window" looked out onto a wall. To see in the room I had to ask for an additional lamp to be brought in. I was told we could have a different room the following day. That room also had no natural light! And inadequate lighting. To the credit of the staff they finally moved us to a suite which did have Windows and natural light although again the lighting in the room was poor. The staff kept saying the rooms had no Windows. The owners of this hotel should amend their website so that the fact that some of the rooms have no natural light is made clear. As things stand at present the website is misleading and would open the hotel to legal action in countries with consumer protection legislation. I would never have returned to the hotel had I been aware I might be placed in a windowless hole. For a hotel that charges the rates it does those rooms are a disgrace. The other issue is the lack of free wireless internet. If you pay you can only connect one device. On the positive side the location is nice as is the decor. The staff are pleasant although the wait staff could not answer questions about the wine. The notion of sweetness and dryness seemed alien. Some people may find the noise from the trains and nearby flyover disturbing. The food in the restaurant is very good.

Room Tip: Make sure it has natural light
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pashmina55
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Manor is decorated in a modern, clean style. Everything in our room looked new and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and there was good water pressure in the shower. The staff was very nice and helpful and there were treats including tea which was very nice after a long flight. The hotel was also very quiet when we were there.

The highlight of the stay, however, was the hotel restaurant. We ordered the tasting menu and it was divine! Very light, healthy and tasty. Some of our friends who live in Delhi met us at the restaurant and also confirmed its excellent reputation with the locals. The restaurant is also decorated in a modern design and was very comfortable and pleasant for dining and conversation. The staff was also excellent. The meal was expensive by Indian (but not western) standards but well worth it!!

The only word of caution is budgeting time for the traffic in Delhi. We took a taxi from the airport and the driver had trouble finding the place (I assume because it was outside of his neck of the woods--not that there are any woods left in Delhi). We had printed out the directions from the hotel and I had google map directions so we were able to help direct the driver to enter the right residential area, and then he asked some neighbors until we arrived at The Manor. Printing out directions and having the phone number handy would be a good idea if you are coming by random cab.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review The Manor.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at The Manor and enjoyed dining at our restaurant ‘Indian Accent’.

Appreciation from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is very charming, with nice details everywhere and situated in a quiet and safe residential area, with a garden and a big terrace.
But it took me 1 hour 30 min. from the airport and cost me 1400,- Rs (BOTH WAYS)

And this brings me to what annoys me = they are overpriced with everything!

The Standard-Room is nice but too small and too dark for the price I had to pay.

Before you confirm your booking, you must be aware that they will add 32.28% service charges, tax, … !!

The meals are also expensive but taste very good.
And you have to know that there is no chance to eat outside in the neighborhood.

The breakfast is only OK, with jam and butter in little plastic sachets, which I really not like at all!

AND, you have to pay for the WiFi and it is also totally overpriced and should be free in a hotel of this price.

Last but not least:
I had a good massage and the little Spa is nice and clean and all the hotel-staff is professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Not Ro.No. 11 because it is noisy from the kitchen
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Namaste!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Manor. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay.

Positive feedback from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and they are grateful for the appreciation.

We regret that you found the wifi charges expensive, which has been shared with our management. However, we would like to mention that a lot of thought has gone into deciding the charges for the amenities offered and we have tried our best to keep it reasonable compared to other similar establishments.

Also, your feedback regarding the packaged condiments has been noted and our team will be looking into it.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Manor.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

To find peace in this busy city is blissful. We were greeted like lost friends. Dinner was out of this world, especially the Chef's tasting menu. Our only disappointment was breakfast which we found lacked choice. The rooms were comfortable with very well equipped bathrooms.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms can be affected by guests leaving the restaurant and we did hear the trains. We had been forewarned that this might happen
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Manor!

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your meal at our restaurant ‘Indian Accent’.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and they are grateful for the appreciation. In addition, your feedback regarding the breakfast menu has been shared with our Chef, who regrets that it was not upto your expectations and would like to assure you that he would be looking into it.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Delhi.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in the manor back in November and I am rather ashamed that it has taken me so long to write a review. The hotel is - as many have already pointed out - a wonderful oasis of quiet in the chaos of Delhi. Rather than sing its many virtues (rooms and food are wonderful) I wanted to focus on the amazing staff..... Because unfortunately for me I ended up only staying one night as I was hospitalized and spent my time in ICU. My partner however had to extend his stay for 3 weeks at the hotel. In this time he stayed in almost every room with the staff finding spaces in between their bookings to allow him to remain in one place. They were incredibly caring, helping him wherever they could. I think they were truly concerned how we were both faring. Now hopefully no one else will have to go through this - but you can take away a sense of what a decent caring compassionate hotel this is.

• Stayed: November 2013