“Nice temple” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
US$36.00*
and up
Afternoon Tour of Delhi Including The Lotus Temple, ISKCON and Connaught Place...
Ranked #18 of 407 things to do in New Delhi
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This elaborate temple of the Hare Krishna is one of the largest in India.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice temple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Make sure to check the hours before you come here as I went as they were closing, but they let me check it out. There is no fee so that was good. Not as many tourists here as other attractions in Delhi. Make sure not to have chewing gum in your backpack or they will take it and youll forget to get it back when you are leaving.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of the best places I have visited in India.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've visited quite a few temples and sites in India, and I think I've enjoyed this the most - it's very relaxed and enjoyable. It has plenty of different things to see and you can take your time. I visited during one of the hottest times, but much of the sites are inside, so it is cooler. They're also relaxed about photography, so you can feel free to take photos of the temple and the displays.The gift shop at the end also a lot of interesting and varied things - not just the usual tourist trash.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JamesWainwright
washington state
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very pushy Hara Krishna's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I came there 3 weeks ago to enjoy and feel the energy. While trying to read some of the various murals and the history one of the followers came up to me and started talking to me. I tried to explain that I came for some quite. He ended up rushing me through the temple and in the end offered me some free books about his faith. When I went to accept the books he said there was a donation required. So I dug in my pocket and pulled out a handful of rupees and gave them to him. I never did want the books and I told him so but he insisted. Once I gave him the money he said he wanted 150 rupees for the books. I gave him the books back and told him to keep the money. I walked off. I never got the chance to read and see all that was offered in the Iskcon temple due to this doing a bait and switch on me.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank redfishromeo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Good place to meet friends and eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

A good atmosphere to meet with friends to talk, eat snacks or take a meal at Govinda's. Puja and devotional practices optional.

Visited June 2014
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hare rama hare krishna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This voice echos as you enter the temple. It has its awesome fragrance which will make you spell bound. There is animation movie which is played for 30 minutes. There are timings for that. You need to ask the administration. People from all over the world are associated with this temple. When the bhajans are in place the sound of chants and music is in full swing, makes you dance and clap. You will definitely connect with god if you are standing and listening to the sounds of these chants and music.

Visited December 2013