“This brought out my inner nerd”

Delhi Heritage Walks
Ranked #91 of 477 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: Delhi Heritage Walks is a team of young people who organise walking tours to lesser known areas in the city of Delhi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“This brought out my inner nerd”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I had just one day off in Delhi last week before flying home from a work trip. I finished reading William Dalrymple's fascinating 'The Last Mughal' a few months back having barely even heard of the 1857 Mutiny. So, off to the hotel concierge - could she find me a guide for the morning to show me round some of the sites of the Mutiny? Yes she could...
My guide, Stuti, was so keen to share stories of this event as we used the super clean metro to get around and then walked. Highlights were Kasmiri Gate, St James Church (where being a Sunday the congregation were singing English hymns at mass) and the Flag Tower. Halfway through the heavens opened for apparently the first time in months. We were completely saturated. Stuti was so concerned I would be upset - I just thought it was hilarious.
Worth every rupee (it cost 4000 for a dedicated guide). I learned a lot and it really brought Dalrymple's book to life. I'll certainly contact them again next time I get back to Delhi.

Visited August 2014

New Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I visited Mehrauli Archaelogical Park for the very first time via a guided tour by Delhi Heritage Walks and was an experience in itself. Considering the fact that I am not a pro in history I gained a lot of insights but perhaps expected a little bit of more fun. However, the guide was great and information she shared was insightful. I recommend such walks to everyone but one should do some google on history related to the area a day or two before going for heritage walk.

1 Thank Divyashish
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“History revisited”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Till date, I have visited 5 sites with Delhi Heritage Walks (DHW) and my experience so far has been simply awesome. The information shared with the group by Moby, our guide amply reflected her knowledge and the research that she had put in. I would strongly recommend DHW to every history aficionado who wishes to explore the lesser known historical sites in New Delhi.

2 Thank Rajdeep G
Colombo, Sri Lanka
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Heritage walk around Lodi Gardens”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'd been to Lodi Gardens before, but Mobi (our wonderful guide) brought it alive with interesting factoids about the history and the surroundings. I would highly recommend signing up for Heritage Walks around the city if you're a newcomer to the city. I will definitely be taking part in more walks in the next few months. Also look forward to a food walk at some point...

2 Thank yakayaka
Palo Alto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walk around Purana Qila - guided by one passionate about history”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Moby Zachariah shared her love and knowledge of Delhi's historical monuments in a walk around Purana Qila that was engaging and memorable. I grew up in Delhi and was fascinated by all the new historical facts which Moby shared with us, making us forget the heat and sweat as we went back in time. Well planned walk, will definitely come back for more.

1 Thank Shobana S