“Absolutely top notch”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #32 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Last day in India - BloomRooms was precisely as described - spotlessly clean, fab shower, comfortable beds, the quietest A/C unit encountered in the country, free wi-fi, free mineral water and lots of yellow and white. Efficient reception, quality taxi service to airport, and an Amici cafe with lattes etc as well as iMac access in the cool lounge. As stated - top notch for a reasonable price - everything you need, not much you don't. Highly recommended...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I arrived in India exhausted after a long day of travel from Chicago. I was swindled by a cab driver (or really more of a cab pimp who I paid to get me to a cab) and was in the process of yelling at this man on the phone when I refused to pay the exorbitant amount he was demanding (Don't ever pay 2890 INR for a cab in India... unless you are going to China or something). Side note, while being very flustered and yelling at this man on the phone outside of my room, security from the hotel stepped out, kindly resolved my problem for me and showed me to the entrance. Seeing that I was frazzled, the concierge told me to relax and that I was OK now. He knew who I was and had my reservation ready to go.

I stepped into a room that was so warm and welcoming with the bright yellow decor, clean, fluffy white bed, and perfect little desk. The bathroom was clean and modern and was the only place I stayed in India with a Western shower. The air conditioning worked instantly and for my three days in New Delhi, Bloomrooms was truly a sanctuary amid the chaos of the city. The staff were also incredibly friendly and accomodating and the price was great. I would recommend Bloomrooms to anyone visiting Delhi and am so thankful that I arrived upon it via TripAdvisor.

You will not regret your choice to stay at this lovely little hotel. (Did I mention fresh water right in the lobby that you can use to fill up your water bottle for the day?)

The little cafe is cute too and although I wasn't really in the mood for Western breakfast as it was my first stop in India, it was certainly pleasant and solid food. And the shuttle is a great way to get to local places.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything else. This place is just great. I was sad to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ashley B
bloomrooms-LinkRd, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi Ashley B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we really appreciate it.

It's so good to hear you enjoyed your stay and fully took advantage of the bloomrooms facilities. It's even more important that you have highlighted an incredibly important issue in Delhi, which is the problem of dodgy taxi drivers who prey on unsuspecting tourists coming from the airport.

We want to re-iterate how important it is to be careful when getting a taxi from the airport. We recommend you use a Meru or Easy Cab - these are metered taxis that are professionally run. They both have a stand immediately outside the main exit of the International Airport.

We also offer an airport pick-up, which is arranged with a trusted 3rd party private taxi company. It will cost you up to 500 Rs. more for the journey but it means you have someone meeting you at the airport and taking you straight to the hotel.

We hope you had a great time in India during the rest of your trip and we would love to see you back at bloomrooms next time you're in town!

Safe travels,

The Team

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed at Bloomrooms on two occasions recently. The hotel is secure and very quiet. The rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean. The staff extremely friendly and very helpful ,and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank calcutta21
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed for 1 night and although the hotel is a little outside the main area were pleased to escape the chaos of central Delhi. The rooms were quiet, modern and very clean, the staff were super helpful and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank C B
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Great service, clean and well maintained, central to all locations the best B&B in New Delhi in my opinion with a very friendly staff. Highly recommended. You will not find anything like this in New Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I didnt know it would look so much like the Basic Hotel in Innsbruck. Its clean, spacious and almost all the basic amenities are in this hotel. It is located in a very nice neighborhood which is near a major street. But its not a noisy place. There are some nice restaurants a few streets away from the hotel They also have a restaurant that serves pizza, sandwhiches, and cupcakes and nice coffee.They also arranged for my airport pick up and sending and alos my 1 day trip to Agra

Definitely would highly rate this place specially in Delhi since its very hard to find a nice hotel with this kind of location here in India

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have had the opportunity to stay at the Link Road location and the newer one near the New Delhi Railways station:

Positives:
- Meets all the basic needs of a business traveler. Comfortable bed, free wi-fi, the perfect shower and a great breakfast.
- Rooms are wooden flooring so gives a clean and germ free feel.
- The water bottles provided are great to use.
- There is a free transport service provided in the morning that drops you to certain popular destinations in the city.
- The Link Road location has a very comfortable sitting room area where you can read and work. This location is also close to the Lajpat Nagar market for shopping and eating.
- Staff are helpful and courtious.
- Good rates for Delhi.
- The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel next to the Railways station location serves up some delicious Italian food.

Negatives:
- The Link Road location doesn't have a lift. So whether its the bell boy or you lugging your suitcases up and down the stairs, can be a pain .
- The Railways station location has the rooms located across a corridor that is brightly lit, and the light streams in through the blinds. This brightens the room and makes it very difficult to sleep. Another thing, due to its location its a really busy area and takes really long to get out of traffic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business