“Minimal and Clean”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #32 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Minimal and Clean”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We arrived to the hotel after landing in Delhi at 4 am. The driver we arranged from the hotel waited for us and took us diretly to the hotel. The room was small but very comfortable and very clean. The bed is one of the best.
The hotel is located in a quiet part of Delhi. There is a cafe in the hotel, which serves a very good breakfast, and some resturants nearby.
The Internet sevice is fast, free and available in the rooms. The TV has lots of channels.

We enoyed the hotel so much, that we stayed here again after 2 weeks.

If you come to New Delhi - Save your time and money and book a room in the Bloomrooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikeore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is my second stay at Bloomrooms and now I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Delhi. Absolutely lives up to the hype. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the attention to detail is truly impressive. Understated excellence. I would especially like to mention the staff who are friendly, professional, courteous and patient at all times. Really, really well done to all of you. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank thegl0balgirl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and first thing I'll say, is the pictures attached to their Trip Advisor profile, don't do them justice at all.

The building is excellently designed (compact and functional without loosing its charm) and service is set to a meticulous routine that works for it. Some of the thought through touches that make it such a great option for travellers include: a lounge with bookshelves, wifi and deskspace, complimentary bottles of filtered water available 24/7, teas and coffee served communally every morning, free wifi and Mac use, maps detailing our location and local hubs of interest to a shuttle bus to help with small journeys. You'll even receive room cleaning, room service on request and Gilchrist & Soames wash products more akin to hotel service than a travellers stop house!

Breakfast is buffet style and excellent: yoghurts to freshly cooked waffles. The cafe has a good range of other edibles throughout the day too and is purely for the convenience of guests, open until 11pm!

We've stayed in numerous places in Delhi and Bloomrooms really is set apart from the competition. You couldn't want for a better, more dedicated service whilst travelling in and through Delhi.

Only slight sniggle: the outsourced taxi company for our airport transfer was 20minutes late, which made for a death defying car ride there to make up time. Would advise other passengers to book taxi ahead of planned departure time to build more time for late arrival taxi men in this busy city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LettsieLondon
Singapore
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Firstly, the location: Delhi can be mad and sometimes maddening, especially old Delhi, so it was nice to go back to the quiet of the Jangpura neighborhood at the end of each day.

Secondly, the room is fantastic! Clean, bright and comfortable. Shower was excellent and i love that they have many power points around the room and one by the bed to charge my phone! Also the wifi was strong in the room. All other places we stayed at during our India trip had poor or non-working wifi so it was really nice to get connected within the comfort of the room. Also i thought the value room would be tiny, but it was very spacious. i'm guessing the difference between value and standard room is the bunk bed in the value room. The hotwater, coffee and tea on every floor was also much appreciated.

Lastly, the service. It felt like five-star service. I'm not talking about amenities like pool or hairdryer which are not necessary, to me anyway. I'm talking about the friendliness ( without being overly friendly) and helpfulness of the staff. And by staff, i'm referrring specifically to Gulzar and Rohit, though everyone was friendly, including those at Amici cafe. We stayed at bloomrooms for 6 days and not one time did the staff disappoint when we needed assistance, from ordering take-out, booking train tickets, hiring a taxi, changing of room booking etc. Gulzar, especially, has been most helpful and obliging. Each day when we returned to the hotel, exhausted from the heat and bustle of Delhi, we felt warmly welcomed and happy to be back.

There is also a very comfortable lounge for guests, a good place to hang around while waiting to go to the airport after check-out.

I'll tell everyone who goes to Delhi to stay at bloomrooms. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: i thought the value twin room will be small, but it was quite spacious. If you are okay with bunk be...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MissusHenry
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 August 2013

On our way back from Nainital, we were at Delhi for 2 days. I have reserved a so called star hotel and checked in at 5am we have to vacate the place immediately after breakfast due to so many reasons.... I was searching for a good place to stay... Called Blooms and luckily one room was available. The theme itself gives freshness with lots of yellow and white. Very courteous staff who knows what hospitality in such an industry means ... Ready to help in all possible ways.... My parents were with us and have to stay back for 3 hours for their flight... They were accommodated in our room even with out charging... That was actually exceeding my expectations about this property...

Rooms are not very big, but for a single traveller or for a couple it will be more than enough. The shower area is partitioned with a transparent glass door, the only issue I faced in Blooms..... as my daughter was also with us ... I have to put on my swim shorts to take bath...:)

I strongly recommend this property if you are staying in S Delhi ... Won't regret your decision to stay here.... No inhouse restaurant, but you can order food from nearby restaurants and use the cafe to have food. Or if you wish to go out, within 200 m , there are some good restaurants, Mc Donald's, a cinema etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NishadMH
Devon
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Last day in India - BloomRooms was precisely as described - spotlessly clean, fab shower, comfortable beds, the quietest A/C unit encountered in the country, free wi-fi, free mineral water and lots of yellow and white. Efficient reception, quality taxi service to airport, and an Amici cafe with lattes etc as well as iMac access in the cool lounge. As stated - top notch for a reasonable price - everything you need, not much you don't. Highly recommended...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I arrived in India exhausted after a long day of travel from Chicago. I was swindled by a cab driver (or really more of a cab pimp who I paid to get me to a cab) and was in the process of yelling at this man on the phone when I refused to pay the exorbitant amount he was demanding (Don't ever pay 2890 INR for a cab in India... unless you are going to China or something). Side note, while being very flustered and yelling at this man on the phone outside of my room, security from the hotel stepped out, kindly resolved my problem for me and showed me to the entrance. Seeing that I was frazzled, the concierge told me to relax and that I was OK now. He knew who I was and had my reservation ready to go.

I stepped into a room that was so warm and welcoming with the bright yellow decor, clean, fluffy white bed, and perfect little desk. The bathroom was clean and modern and was the only place I stayed in India with a Western shower. The air conditioning worked instantly and for my three days in New Delhi, Bloomrooms was truly a sanctuary amid the chaos of the city. The staff were also incredibly friendly and accomodating and the price was great. I would recommend Bloomrooms to anyone visiting Delhi and am so thankful that I arrived upon it via TripAdvisor.

You will not regret your choice to stay at this lovely little hotel. (Did I mention fresh water right in the lobby that you can use to fill up your water bottle for the day?)

The little cafe is cute too and although I wasn't really in the mood for Western breakfast as it was my first stop in India, it was certainly pleasant and solid food. And the shuttle is a great way to get to local places.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything else. This place is just great. I was sad to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley B
bloomrooms-LinkRd, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hi Ashley B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we really appreciate it.

It's so good to hear you enjoyed your stay and fully took advantage of the bloomrooms facilities. It's even more important that you have highlighted an incredibly important issue in Delhi, which is the problem of dodgy taxi drivers who prey on unsuspecting tourists coming from the airport.

We want to re-iterate how important it is to be careful when getting a taxi from the airport. We recommend you use a Meru or Easy Cab - these are metered taxis that are professionally run. They both have a stand immediately outside the main exit of the International Airport.

We also offer an airport pick-up, which is arranged with a trusted 3rd party private taxi company. It will cost you up to 500 Rs. more for the journey but it means you have someone meeting you at the airport and taking you straight to the hotel.

We hope you had a great time in India during the rest of your trip and we would love to see you back at bloomrooms next time you're in town!

Safe travels,