“Great place”

Ranked #28 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Taipei, Taiwan
“Great place”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This really is a great place -- as others have said, this is the kind of no-fuss establishment that travellers on a budget are looking for. Good location, rooms are clean and modern, showers are hot, staff are extremely helpful and friendly, the cafe serves good, simple food.

I needed something from a local pharmacy, and the front desk staff really went out of his way to help me by making phone calls, giving me directions, etc. (Sorry, I forgot his name!)

Also, there's an hourly shuttle to places like Khan Market, which is very convenient.

Perfect place for young travellers.

There was one minor incident during my stay here, though:

A friend had asked me to buy a specific type of tea by a specific brand for her, so I asked the front desk staff where I could get it. He said that the shuttle driver knows a place that's a five-minute walking distance and that the driver would walk me there. So I went with the driver, who took me to a place that clearly sells all sorts of overpriced "souvenirs" to tourists. When I asked for the tea, they showed me something that was the same type of tea, but not the brand I was looking for. When I said it wasn't what I was looking for, they tried to convince me that it was. When I refused and said I had to go, I realized there were a whole bunch of store staff surrounding me. One of the store ladies said that I should at least check out some pashminas before leaving. In any case, I left as quickly as I could, but this experience left me feeling a bit uncomfortable and cornered. I would suggest that the hotel staff be more careful before recommending that hotel guests to be taken to places like these.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nothing more, nothing less: super clean rooms, super hot showers, good ac, maps around the city and absolutely great price. I was ecstatic booking this last minute reservation after a night at a stinky hotel near the airport when my flights were cancelled. This morning I walked to Lodi Gardens, India Gate and Museum of Modern Art. Had a great meal at Khan Market, hopped in a rickshaw and as soon I said "Jangpura Extension" he said "Bloomrooms? 7 Link Road?" The only thing I don't get is why they play non-stop music over the hall intercoms. But I hope these mini hotels take off in other cities in India, making it possible for a single gal like me to feel safe and fairly treated while traveling.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
bloomrooms-hotel, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi TravellerInAsia2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it's really appreciated.

We're very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it's fantastic to see you made the most of Delhi with a walk to Lodi Gardens and India Gate - the perfect time of year to do this.

In terms of the music in the hall ways, this is supposed to be very light background music. We will get the sound levels checked to ensure it's as it should be.

We look forward to having you stay with us again if you make it back to Delhi!

Safe travels,

The Team
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

As we were travelling around India(Rajasthan and Goa), Bloomrooms was the place we stayed at three times in between our adventures. Clean, modern and quiet, we were always happy to go back to Bloomrooms. The staff is very professional and always did their best to meet our needs.
Many facilities, such as free mineral water, shuttles, a rich breakfast, free high speed wifi and hot showers, made our stay very comfortable and easy - these were particularly enjoyable by the fact that it is very hard to find all these features reunited in one hotel throughout India for a reasonable rate! Furthermore, they have a very nice lounge where you can rest, read or use on of the two Mac computers they have! (this is also quite enjoyable as a 'break' from busy Delhi!)
As for the rooms, we first stayed in a value room, which had to bunk beds. The second time, a standard twin room. Third time, opted for a compact room as we didn't want to spend to much . As we stayed in all the different types of room, we can definitely tell that all ensure a very comfortable stay. There's basically no difference between all those!
All in all, this hotel is the place to stay at while visiting India, for any kind of traveller!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim F
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Bloomrooms is a very well established European-style travel hotel. It's geared towards young people (travellers) who are passing through Delhi for short-term stays. The hotel was recently built (within the last year or so) and is very modern; unlike most Indian budget or travel hotels, it has 24-hour hot water, heating and AC in every room and has amazingly comfortable beds.

LOCATION: 4.5/5
The hotel is well located- right on top of one of the newer and quieter metro lines and is easy to locate. Autorickshaw to major sights is quite cheap, between 100 and 150RS. The hotel provides a free shuttle to nearby sights and a very handy map to help navigate the metro. The hotel is tucked away from the constant honking of cars on the major streets, but it still quite accessible. The area is safe (home to an embassy and a few high-class apartments) and has 24hr security.

ROOMS: 5/5
The rooms could be described best as modern / Ikea-inspired minimalistic. Very clean and well maintained, CLEAN bed sheets, great bathrooms (once again, with hot water 24/7) and plush thick towels. After spending a few weeks travelling India, this makes a huge difference. The rooms are spacious enough to relax in and have between 3 and 8 international plug sockets so you don't need to worry about adapters, etc (also a huge plus). Overall, very comfortable.

STAFF: 5/5
The staff are very friendly and will bend over backwards to make your stay a positive one. They are very professional, for the most part have trained in hotel management schools and know their hotel and its business model very well. Emphasis on the European / North American model of hotels- they know what they're doing and how to make your stay positive. Arriving late in the evening after a long train journey, they only had one room available which turned out to be their most expensive. After we expressed that this was slightly out of our budget, they called their manager and negotiated a cheaper price to match our budget. This made all the difference for us! Service is definitely the best we've had through our 3 week India trip.

FOOD: 4.5/5
The in-house cafe is European-style with an unlimited breakfast for 300RS from 7am-11am. You can choose omlettes, waffles, toast, fruit etc from the small buffet and the food is quite high quality. The baked goods are outsourced from a cafe called amici and were surprisingly very good quality. For hot foods, they need to be ordered in from another location and delivery takes 30-40 minutes. The menu is mostly Italian food; pastas and pizzas. Pizza are TRUE Italian style and are very very good. The price is a bit higher than you would pay in a centrally-located Indian restaurant in Delhi, but still very reasonable for the amount of food you get (300-500Rs for a pizza). After the restaurant closes in the evening they have delivery from a place called "midnight munchies"; delivery takes a while and the food is OK, nothing too special.

OTHER AMENITIES: 5/5
The hotel will give you a free hard-plastic water bottle to fill up from their mineral water coolers situated in the lobby. This is fantastic as you don't have to worry about buying water from street vendors while walking around the city or wasting plastic bottles. Tea is available on the second floor for free any time of the day. There is free wifi throughout the hotel and an iMac in the lobby for free use. The lounge above the cafe has two iMacs which are free as well, high speed internet access and definitely help with planning the day. The lobby has a detailed map with major sights and shuttle service planning to make the day easier. The lounge has lots of couches and board games, books, etc for use and looks like something out of an Ikea catalogue. Overall maintenance of the hotel is very good; it shows in all the details.

TO/FROM
To get to the hotel from the main train station, there's a subway which is pretty cheap (should be about 50Rs max). Change at Central Secretariat and go to Jangpura. Alternatively, take a TukTuk from Delhi Central to the hotel (tell them Jangpura Extension or Jangpura Metro) for about 200Rs. It may be easier to tell the driver to call the hotel and ask for directions. AC Cabs may be a bit more expensive, probably maximum 350. From the domestic terminal of the airport, no more than 600RS, from the international terminal around 800Rs. Taking the subway to get there at night is not advisable as it would take a much longer time (although the subway is quite safe) During the day, it's fine but the subway from the airport goes to Delhi Central Station and then you would need to take two subways.

Overall, this is a 5/5, high end budget travel hotel. Exceptional. Of the 10 hotels stayed at in India, this was the best.

2 Thank RoyleP
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We visited for our first two nights in India and it was a perfect choice. Very easy airport pick up, lovely modern clean hotel. Excellent European bathrooms, really comfortable beds. Ideal transition to India. Staff were very helpful and professional. One of us was not well on the second day and they offered lots of help. Great for short stay, lounge with Apple Macs. Hotel has great wifi. A little out of the city but a very easy tuk tuk or metro trip away. Overall could not fault it, a really successful stay.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank PeterRWa
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My 3 friends and my husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room for 3 was good with a double bed and a single bunk over it. We were given a room with 2 bunks but without much hassle this was changed to a double room. Over 60s don't really want to climb up into a bunk!
Breakast was a very pleasant surprise- good muffins, juice, fruit. excellent quality bread and eggs any way. Also waffles and idlees(not sure that that word is correct)
Excellent cleanliness rating for our first trip to India.

Room Tip: Be careful booking a value room if you don't want bunks... Book a standard room.
1 Thank CamdenTravellers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel exceeded expectations given the price we paid for the room. Location was excellent for us as so close to the station and lots of tuk tuks nearby etc. If you arrive by the train from the airport it's a little confusing to find the right exit - grab a pre-paid tuktuk for a few rupees, but be sure to tell them you don't want any stops on the way or you will find yourself at a tourist office booking a tour! When we then left a few days later to take the train on to Agra we just walked to the few minutes straight up the road to the station with no problems. it's a little noisy but that's just delhi and we found we were so exhausted after the first day that we slept very well - the bed was comfortable too.
The room was big, clean, bedding and towels were very clean, shower was supberb - hot water on demand rather than having to turn it on and wait for half an hour and very powerful shower too. The room also had free mineral water in it with free refills on every floor as well as free tea and coffee. This hotel has focussed on the important things in my view: hygiene / clean, great service, free mineral water, hot water, excellent standard for linen. If you are looking for a view then this isn't for you but if you are looking for a haven in a chaotic city then don't go anywhere else.

Room Tip: we had a room just off the courtyard which I think was one of the bigger rooms - suggest you ask for...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple