“Clean, vibrant, cool! Recommended”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #30 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Can't believe I'm raving about a place that is essentially a dorm room. But it is clean, the power didn't go out, they have bottled water, electrical adapters, very helpful and friendly folks working the desks, water that is hot and stays at a constant temperature and some nice yellow paint. Best of all it is CLEAN. Stayed here 3 days at the end of a 12 day trip and was very happy with Bloomrooms. A bit hard for some drivers to find the place, but after a day or so you get the hang of it. Near the metro and well located for our purposes (sightseeing and exploring). Only knock on this location is sound transfer through the doors -- a bit loud -- kind of like a backpacker hotel. But I understand that they are trying to address it (perhaps quiet hours from 10 or 11 pm would help.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

For my last day in New Delhi, I wanted to stay in a really clean place with all the western friendly feel and amenities. This place had them. Its a simple place, but Uber clean and chic, very western/european friendly. It has HOT water, air and heating, clean, fast wi fi and free, with a great cafe restaurant and awesome lounge with games and books. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights and it was the best hotel that we stayed in on our India trip. Bloomrooms is clean and tidy, the bed comfy and the staff are helpful and professional. We have seen it very differently in other places! There's a security guard at the gate and when you get the reception to call you a taxi, they will get a fair price for you. Breakfast is at a little cafe just there, we paid extra for it, which comes handy, if you're not one to have breakfast at all or not feeling well (can happen in India...) The only minus is that you can't open a window, so after a day the room got a bit stuffy. Having said that, this seems to be standard in Indian hotels. There is free tea and coffees in the mornings and they provide plastic bottles for your water, too. Internet and free WIFI are available, too. The speed was better than other hotels we've been to, but can be a bit slower during daytime.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is an european style "budget" hotel (could be cheaper) that looks very much like a very good hostel. The location is very good (30 min to the airport, close to Khan Market and the diplomatic neighborhood). Very clean premisses and rooms and friendly staff. Rooms are simple and cozy, maybe a little noisy in the corridors, they could make an effort and soundproof the doors. There were many foreign tourists. Internet if free of charge for as many gadgets as you want, including in the rooms. The cafeteria is small but nice and breakfast is paid (330 Rs.) and also very european (whole wheat bread, waffles and nutella, among other stuff, and no indian dishes).

My toilet had a problem with the flush (it didn't stop running) and I had to call maintenance twice to finally solve the problem, but it was ok after they fixed it.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a double room with my boyfriend and a single compact room when I was alone, which w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Great budget hotel for short stays. Clean rooms and free wifi saved us. I would recommend any body on a short visit to Delhi to stay at this hotel. Nice ambience to the small cafe they have outside. But staff at the cafe should whether the breakfast is included in my tariff. I actually payed for my breakfast but later they refused to pay the money back when I informed them about my tariff plan. That was the only shortcoming of my stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I want to recommend Bloomrooms to the whole world! It is exactly what was needed in Delhi. Inexpensive, clean, quiet (better to be safe and book an upstairs room rather than the ground floor, there is a slight chance of being disturbed by travellers arriving or leaving in the night). Wonderful beds, and the shower – very good. The staff are very friendly without overdoing it and will do their best to provide anything required like a forgotten toothbrush or plastic chappels. The little restaurant in the compound is perfect for a lone traveller to sit without feeling in the least uncomfortable. Link Road is a very good location in New Delhi and close to Khan Market. I will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This really is a great place -- as others have said, this is the kind of no-fuss establishment that travellers on a budget are looking for. Good location, rooms are clean and modern, showers are hot, staff are extremely helpful and friendly, the cafe serves good, simple food.

I needed something from a local pharmacy, and the front desk staff really went out of his way to help me by making phone calls, giving me directions, etc. (Sorry, I forgot his name!)

Also, there's an hourly shuttle to places like Khan Market, which is very convenient.

Perfect place for young travellers.

There was one minor incident during my stay here, though:

A friend had asked me to buy a specific type of tea by a specific brand for her, so I asked the front desk staff where I could get it. He said that the shuttle driver knows a place that's a five-minute walking distance and that the driver would walk me there. So I went with the driver, who took me to a place that clearly sells all sorts of overpriced "souvenirs" to tourists. When I asked for the tea, they showed me something that was the same type of tea, but not the brand I was looking for. When I said it wasn't what I was looking for, they tried to convince me that it was. When I refused and said I had to go, I realized there were a whole bunch of store staff surrounding me. One of the store ladies said that I should at least check out some pashminas before leaving. In any case, I left as quickly as I could, but this experience left me feeling a bit uncomfortable and cornered. I would suggest that the hotel staff be more careful before recommending that hotel guests to be taken to places like these.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends