“Wish we can stay longer”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #30 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Found this hotel through Tripadvisor and it's definitely the perfect place to stay at.

Location:
- We arrived pretty late by a private car we booked from Jaipur to Delhi via Taj Mahal and our driver didn't know the area (Jangpura) well. The hotel is pretty tucked away on a small road (Link Road) so best to familarise yourself during your stay as most drivers (taxi, tuk tuk etc) will likely need directions.
- It's also walking distance to Jangpura Metro station although we didn't get a chance to take the Metro during our stay.
- The hotel offers hourly shuttle service (9am to 5pm) to a few places including Khan Market and Humayun's Tomb which I thought was a fantastic service although I didn't get a chance to utilise it as well.

Room:
- Ours was a Standard Queen Room and having seen photos of the rooms, it's everything I expected. High ceilings, decent size, very clean, functional and comfortable.
- The shower has a glass door though so it's probably best to note if you are traveling with a friend.
- Free WIFI works great throughout the hotel

Service:
- The service at Bloomrooms was exceptional! I called the night before we were to check in to see if I can cancel our first night stay (our booking was for 2 nights) because I wasn't feeling well and wasn't sure if I'll be up for a long drive (8hrs+) from Jaipur to Agra and then to Delhi. Goonzaj (sorry, I probably got the spelling wrong) from the front desk was very kind to allow me to cancel without charge even with my very last minute request. However, turns out the Jaipur hotel I was staying at was fully booked so I had to check out anyway and seeing that I felt better, I decided to make the trip and boy was I glad I did!
- Everyone at the hotel was friendly and eager to help. We booked a private car for a day of sightseeing with the front desk too. Likewise our airport drop off. Everything was efficient and without fuss.

Price:
- I really didn't shop around for hotels and decided to book Bloomrooms pretty much once I've read up on the hotel. The rates turn out to be very reasonable for everything it offers so that's definitely an added bonus.

Misc:
- Probably the only thing I wish for at the hotel is the availability of more substantial food options (lunch/dinner) at the attached cafe. They pretty much only serve 2 types of paninis and a few pastries (muffins, brownies, apple crumble etc).
- For dinner one night, we were too tired to eat out and felt like having some Indian food so had to order delivery from Gulati Restaurant (very awesome Northern Indian food by the way).
- The upstairs lounge was super awesome. Books to read, 2 iMacs for you to use, boardgames for you to play. We spent some time here after a long day of walking Old Delhi while waiting for our airport transfer and it's such a nice and relaxing place to take a rest.

All in all, a FANTASTIC place to stay at and I'll definitely love to come back! Thank you Bloomrooms!

Room Tip: We requested a room on the 1st floor and it was great. Only downside is there is no elevator so you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TnMCho
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Arrived here on the pre booked taxi service.
Nice and close to the metro, the breakfast is nice. The hotel itself is very clean and modern- very European feeling.
The food in the attached cafe is very well priced and very tasty.
Ended up staying here on the way out.
Whilst there are defineatly cheaper alternatives out there, I would recommend bloomrooms to anyone who would like to ease their way into India.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Bloomroom it is very yellow like Ikea. Great for travelers to rest and be refreshed. The rooms are clean with modern showers and the toilets have toilet paper. Overall a very nice welcoming place to stay. The Breakfast is not included, but it is a Western style breakfast with cereal and milk. You can write down what you want on your omelet or pancakes. Wifi is included. I would stay here again. Checked in at 1 am on Christmas and they gave us a gift and chocolates!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marvin n
Reviewed 3 February 2014

i love this place, just stayed again (my third time) with 7 friends-- it was their first time in india and i wanted to ease them into it-- it has everything i find useful and agreeable-- hot water that you don't need an engineering degree to activate, and its not a trickle -- strong wifi IN YOUR ROOM!, very very clean, i saw a management person running his finger over the stair risers -- really!-- comfortable bed with squeaky clean linens, power outlets that work without manipulation (you know, putting a pile of books under your phone so the plug doesn't come out when you are trying to charge) -- decent breakfast, mostly western but they added a couple of indian things since my first visit-- not great examples however so i would stick with the western offerings. staff is helpful and fairly well trained-- cafe staff appeared standoffish at first but if you engage they come alive (i think they are just not that comfortable in english) CONS: not cons to me, but the reason i say not for everyone-- your bag will just be on the floor and there are just a few hangers on the wall--- its really just a place to sleep, not work (tho if you need a desk, go to the lounge above the cafe, macs too) -- if you are not sharing with an intimate the see thru glass into the shower can be embarrassing-- the few single rooms are all close to the reception and it is very loud almost all night- if you are a light sleeper you shouldn't book a single room-- the double don't cost that much more anyway-- the rooms are really small, but again, for me that is not a deal breaker--- although i have a high tolerance for sketchy cleanliness and power outages and lack of many amenities it is also really great to have a place in delhi that offers a reliable high standard of basic comfort. it is not cheap of course, but i have paid 2 or 3 times their rate for a less comfortable visit at other delhi hotels. the location is south delhi and you might prefer to be more central, but transportation is cheap and readily available...they have a second location now near the train station that would be useful if you are taking the morning train to agra-- this was my 7th trip to india and i am already planning my next with another group of friends, and we will begin and end at bloomrooms.

Room Tip: all the single rooms are in the front of the hotel near the reception and the noise level is high al...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank riotejo
bloomrooms-hotel, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hi msmajua,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's really appreciated.

We're really glad you love the hotel! It's fantastic to know you've fully understood the bloomrooms concept and are making the most of our facilities during your stays in Delhi.

By the sound of things you've been staying on one of our Compact Single rooms, which is our smallest room and it does not come with a work desk. Our Compact rooms are designed for guests who are only at the hotel to sleep, shower, eat and get going for the day.

We'd highly recommend that any guest who is staying for more than 1 or 2 nights at the hotel should stay in a Standard Single or Standard Queen Room, so they have ample space in the room and a work desk equipped with international plug sockets.

Maybe give one of our Standard rooms next time you're in town and let us know what you think. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Safe travels,

The Team

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Clean rooms, great bathroom and hot water. Staff were great. Super helpful. Free wifi. Good location close to metro. The staff were happy to lock up our luggage for a couple of days when we went to Agra. Would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This place looks very similar to the Ibis to me, nothing fancy just a place to have a very good sleep and shower, both. Very clean. Breakfast is very good, totally worth the price although not very cheap. Restaurants at walking distance and not too far from the attractions. Great service. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Away from the reception area since it can get noisy with people checking in and entering the hotel l...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay, secure environment, mattress like a cloud, and very thoughtful placement of power outlets. The location of the cafe/lounge in a separate building ten steps away means the rooms area is peaceful. Great location for New Delhi-area attractions like shops at Khan Market a brief Metro/auto ride away. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo