Found this hotel through Tripadvisor and it's definitely the perfect place to stay at.
- We arrived pretty late by a private car we booked from Jaipur to Delhi via Taj Mahal and our driver didn't know the area (Jangpura) well. The hotel is pretty tucked away on a small road (Link Road) so best to familarise yourself during your stay as most drivers (taxi, tuk tuk etc) will likely need directions.
- It's also walking distance to Jangpura Metro station although we didn't get a chance to take the Metro during our stay.
- The hotel offers hourly shuttle service (9am to 5pm) to a few places including Khan Market and Humayun's Tomb which I thought was a fantastic service although I didn't get a chance to utilise it as well.
- Ours was a Standard Queen Room and having seen photos of the rooms, it's everything I expected. High ceilings, decent size, very clean, functional and comfortable.
- The shower has a glass door though so it's probably best to note if you are traveling with a friend.
- Free WIFI works great throughout the hotel
- The service at Bloomrooms was exceptional! I called the night before we were to check in to see if I can cancel our first night stay (our booking was for 2 nights) because I wasn't feeling well and wasn't sure if I'll be up for a long drive (8hrs+) from Jaipur to Agra and then to Delhi. Goonzaj (sorry, I probably got the spelling wrong) from the front desk was very kind to allow me to cancel without charge even with my very last minute request. However, turns out the Jaipur hotel I was staying at was fully booked so I had to check out anyway and seeing that I felt better, I decided to make the trip and boy was I glad I did!
- Everyone at the hotel was friendly and eager to help. We booked a private car for a day of sightseeing with the front desk too. Likewise our airport drop off. Everything was efficient and without fuss.
- I really didn't shop around for hotels and decided to book Bloomrooms pretty much once I've read up on the hotel. The rates turn out to be very reasonable for everything it offers so that's definitely an added bonus.
- Probably the only thing I wish for at the hotel is the availability of more substantial food options (lunch/dinner) at the attached cafe. They pretty much only serve 2 types of paninis and a few pastries (muffins, brownies, apple crumble etc).
- For dinner one night, we were too tired to eat out and felt like having some Indian food so had to order delivery from Gulati Restaurant (very awesome Northern Indian food by the way).
- The upstairs lounge was super awesome. Books to read, 2 iMacs for you to use, boardgames for you to play. We spent some time here after a long day of walking Old Delhi while waiting for our airport transfer and it's such a nice and relaxing place to take a rest.
All in all, a FANTASTIC place to stay at and I'll definitely love to come back! Thank you Bloomrooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bloomrooms @ Link Rd is superbly located in the heart of New Delhi, opposite Jangpura Metro Station. Only 4 minutes from historic Humayun's Tomb, 5 minutes from beautiful Lodi Gardens, 6 minutes from bustling Khan Market and 7 minutes from the Pragati Maidan Exhibition Centre. All our rooms come with custom built Cloud Beds, designed for an amazing sleep and in all our bathrooms you'll find award winning Grohe rain showers and Gilchrist & Soames amenities for an all round incredible wash. Each room features a 32 inch plasma TV with a good selection of channels and an in-room digital safe to keep your valuables guarded. We also offer FREE high speed wifi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, FREE mineral water - all helping you SAVE time & money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your bloomrooms @ Link Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.