“A really good deal!”

Hotel Aman International
Ranked #136 of 1,130 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Sometimes I wonder about the ratio of expectations and the price when I read some of the reviews on here.. If you're expecting a luxury service at a budget price you are going to be disappointed! Ignore the negative reviews on here. We stayed here for three nights and it was great. The rooms and the hotel are pretty modern, it's been renovated in the last five years. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Especially the man who runs the kitchen I didn't get his name but he always wears a vest. He even ran out to get cigarettes for us.

The room had a great selection of tv channels on the tv, a working phone to ring reception or room service (most hotel phones in India don't work). If you are a light sleeper request a room to the back of the hotel. The hotel is in a great location right along the main drag of the main bazaar in PaharGanj. Shops galore and a tuk tuk area at the end of the road. For the 17 aud a night I payed I was pretty damn impressed.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank BillieDashah

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Aman International for a total of 6 nights over 2 visits to Delhi. Initially I found the front desk person to be rather rude and not excited to see us which we thought was odd given it was the off season and hotel bookings were low. After a day or so the staff started warming to us and we started to receive better service. We used the travel agent and he was rather slow at getting things done, he would tell us one thing and then come back later telling us something completely different. The rooms however were great. They were quiet, clean and perfect for what we needed although we had to keep asking for toilet paper as there was none in the room and they didn't replaced towels daily without us asking (Would have been nice to have the room tidied and the bins emptied after 2 days). We decided to book in to Aman International when we returned to Delhi and I have to say that I was very disappointed. The A/C didn't work, even after getting 2 staff up to look at it, they wouldn't discount the room further. The staff were not welcoming and came across as arrogant even though they remembered us from our first visit. I was returning back to Delhi a few days later and had booked in to stay here again however have chosen to stay elsewhere as good service is key for me. Due to the latter experience I have had to rate this hotel poorly as i believe repeat custom should receive better service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel itself is quite nice - the rooms are quite pretty and comfortable, and the entire place is spotless.

It's a shame that they offer such poor service, because they have a great location and great facilities to work with. But all the aspects that depend on the staff making an effort leave a lot to be desired.

I also had a terrible experience with the travel desk - they sold me a plane ticket plus taxi to the airport, and the taxi was over forty minutes late. I wanted to leave and get a cab off the street but they refused to refund my money because the driver "was on his way".

When he finally got there and we made it to the airport, the driver refused to let me have my bag unless I tipped him (for what, I'm not sure) and when I told him he had been forty minutes late he shrugged and said he deserved a tip anyway because "it wasn't his fault".

In this case I am holding the travel desk fully responsible for the actions of the driver. The travel desk charged me a commission for this ride - one which I was happy to pay in order to get a "dependable, honest" driver, in their own words. So as far as I'm concerned, they ripped me off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

i was there for 7nights and it was awesome clean rooms fast service deliciouse food specially the chicken biryani and oh my god the coffee was the best its a must for families aswell and the prices are very good and i would advice u to book it there if u love to be in a quiet place thank u very much for feeling us at our own home

Room Tip: everything is perfect there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This a new property in the cheap hotel district of Paharganj, barely 100 meters from the New Delhi railway station.
The rooms and the bathrooms are very well appointed. Large flat screen, clean linen, box spring mattresses,concealed lighting accents and very good air-conditioning.
The rooms are however very very small with barely enough room to walk around the bed.
All rooms except the ones in the front have no windows.
The staff is helpful and you can choose what you want to have in the complimentary breakfast.
The food is also quite OK.
Overall a very pleasant experience and very good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBug2508
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spend a longer time in this amzing hotel few weeks before.The Aman international hotel, is a good , cleaned, well serviced hotel ....near by the New Delhi railstation.Even this hotel gets a special flair.The rates are also great and for every kind of budget...tourists are always welcome.The rooms are very comfortable, cleaned and the service is also nice...even u like to get a nice view from the roof top restaurant over Delhi and the indian food was also so tasty.All rooms got a cleaned A/C.

You will find Hotel Features like
Wifi
Airport Services
Pick ups & tours
Money changer

The Tour services will be organized by tripgrand.com.A Company which gets also a travel desk directly in the hotel and even also an office directly on the Main Bazar near by the hotel Aman International.You can book directly your Tours, Tickets by plane, railway, bus or taxi by good rates there.Even tour packages will be in your budget.The tours can be in daily form or even also by long terms....we felt very happy and we were also surprised about the good services, informations and even also rates by our tour packages .....One of the best agents and offices near by , the team was very kind...and it gets all international standard.We chosed even a trip to Singapore by tripgrand and we felt well safed...always top !! Every time again !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at the Aman International in March 2013 and had a bad experience. The first room we were given was damp, the bed was soaking. We were able to change room the second room was less damp but still damp. There are no windows so the rooms are very damp. There is also a central air unit connecting all the rooms. There were many people smoking on our floor so our room was damp and full of smoke. It was so smoky we could barely see anything. We requested a nonsmoking room but they said you can smoke everywhere in the hotel. I am also asthmatic so this was a big problem for me. For the price of this hotel there are many other hotels in Delhi which are better to choose from. It´s ashame because the decorations were nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank N R
venkatesh c, Manager at Hotel Aman International, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologise for the bad experience you had with our hotel. We have now changed the some staff and considering about your problems we have also made certain amendments. We hereby request you to kindly give us an oppurtunity to serve you again & we hope you will not find the same experience repeated.