“Loved the food and at throwaway price”
Review of The Umrao

Ranked #56 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We booked our visit in advance via groupon.co.in - The dinner buffet costed a paltry INR 499/person. What it included were multiple starters both veg & non veg with host of main course dishes. 4-5 types of mocktails along with 3-4 desserts. The ambiance is class apart and was a very pleasant surprise in this part of the town. Bang on NH8 if you're coming from Gurgaon towards Delhi - it's good for a pit stop and has lovely outside seating too. Built like a castle with lavish space all around keeping it secluded from the madness of traffic outside. Valet parking adds to the charm. One place if you'd want to enjoy excellent food without spending a fortune and in style - I loved the Fish Amritsari in particular

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anupamgupta
Yadav_Ankit, Owner at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at The Umrao.
The Umrao Team

Reviewed 17 July 2013

It is a really great stay at Umrao. I had a lot of experience in different property at Delhi and Delhi NCR,
But I believe Umrao is one of the best, staffs here were well trained and professional. They are extremely helpful. The rooms were very clean comfortable fresh with modern amenities.

Breakfast is good with lots of choices, I really enjoy the food here.
Location of the property is great near to toll plaza and Delhi Airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Yadav_Ankit, Owner at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

The Umrao Team

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel promises more than It delivers. Poor quality rooms workmen starting work at 730 am on a Sunday morning.
Poor breakfast. Wifi frustrating.
Only book this hotel at booking.dot. Or else they charge you nearly double.
Shame really. The manager convinced my company that this hotel was a better quality the double tree Hilton.
Was supposed to be booked in there for 12 nights. Left after 7 hrs

• Stayed: June 2013
TEAM_UMRAO, The Umrao at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Umrao Hotels & Resorts!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We have taken all corrective actions to enhance our guest experience during they stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back to The Umrao Hotels and Resorts and experience the true hospitality.

Warm regards

Team Umrao

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed food , restaurant staff were good except manager But Mr. Akshay was warm, humble, caring & most genuine , which made our visit worth. All the best to him. Location is good & ambience will make u feel as if u r out of populous city & maddening traffic. Must try.

• Stayed: June 2013
Yadav_Ankit, Owner at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Had the most wonderful stay in Delhi with family, good location We arrived early evening and welcome by Manager and courteous front desk staff. The room btw was clean, and very comfortable with lots of amenities and space. The grounds were very lovely and manicured and we spent the morning there planning our trip and relaxing. The location was close for us to catch a flight and to travell locally. Staff were exceptionally good, with fast service and a professional attitude. Many thanks to them all for our great stay.Food quality was excellent, we had all our meal in DINNING AREA. Staff was freindly in Dinning area and made our trip valuable and memorable. Only disappointment was pool was under construction and was not told to us at the time of booking. I was under impression, all Hotels has reward system to attaract tourist again, but Umrao is still finalising it reward system. I hope to get my point on reward, once it is running. I satyed with family for a week in Delhi and all loved it. Ihad allready recoomed my frinds in downunder to chek up Umrao, when travelling to Delhi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Yadav_Ankit, Owner at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would also like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at The Umrao.
We have finalized on the rewards structure and will be sending you our welcome package at your registered address given at the time of booking.
Once again we thank you for choosing us as your hospitality partner and wish to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I have a strong feeling that singagirl77 is some fake ID by someone from this hotel itself. My experience recently was just the opposite. The check-in was non-curteous and extremely slow, room service was slow and strictly average in taste, the room was very, very, very small, and the staff was, usually, non-friendly.

I booked the hotel through Agoda and there was no mention of any checking in time. So, we assumed it would be a 24 hour check-in policy as is with hotels in this class. I arrived at about 9:30 in the morning expecting a speedy checkin because I was planning to work from the hotel for the day before checking out at 6:00AM the next morning. And the hotel guys bluntly informed me that I have a booking, but the checkin time is 11:00AM. I told them that it is strange for a hotel in this class, but that it was OK and that I will proceed for breakfast (that was complimentary as per the booking I made). Now they pull oyut the next trick that I could ot ave the complimentary breakfast the day I check-in, it could only be had the next morning! I asked them what kind of a logic that was, and also informed them that I will check-out by 6:00AM and so, will not have breakfast the next day. These guys just wouldn't budge! I had to argue with 3 different people for 15 minutes to finally get them to say OK. I then went into the restaurant where the waiter asked me for my room number to which I told him that I am yet to check in, just to repeat the whole drama again! Another 15 minutes wasted to finally get this guy to contact the reception and get it confirmed that I may have some food! After breakfast, a long wait to get the room which, on entering, was found to be too small for comfort. There was just about 1 foot space on one side of the bed and about 4 feet on the other side where a small table was literally squeezed in. The A/c was OK, Thank God! The room service was terribly slow. The staff were unfriendly and the check-out was equally tiresome. Overall, a very bad experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Yadav_Ankit, Owner at The Umrao, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide you a memorable stay. It’s quite unfortunate to hear about your experience at The Umrao.
However, Room size – 25.08 sqmt is mentioned on the website along with the check in and checkout time (12pm).
As per industry norms the breakfast is included for the day following to check in and not on the day of arrival. However, this could been resolved if any information was passed at the time of booking.
We would like to humbly request you to not comment on other guest judging their redibility. It is dishearten to hear from a guest judging other guest experiences.
Thank you for your time spent on reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with us. We assure you our best services on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had the most wonderful weekend here recently, and just had to tell about the lovely staff. We arrived early evening and had courteous and speedy check in. Had our meal in room and loved it, it was prepared and delivered fairly quickly also. The room btw was clean, and very comfortable with lots of amenities and space. The grounds were very lovely and manicured and we spent the morning there planning our trip (we caught flight out of Delhi after 2 day stay). It was very inviting the garden and made you want to stay and relax. The location was close for us to catch a VERY early flight our last morning here. Staff were exceptionally good, with fast service and a professional attitude. Many thanks to them all for our great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family